Adventure Log 12

GM: A stone door beckons from the rear of the cave. Measuring ten feet on a side, the door stands ajar, leaving enough space for a man to squeeze through into the darkness beyond. A layer of moss obviously masks some sort of design carved in the door’s outer surface.
Campaign saved.
‘Travis’ connected
GM: A stone door beckons from the rear of the cave. Measuring ten feet on a side, the door stands ajar, leaving enough space for a man to squeeze through into the darkness beyond. A layer of moss obviously masks some sort of design carved in the door’s outer surface.
Jocelyn: tried to brush away some moss to get a better look at the design
Jocelyn: tries
GM: Scraping away the moss reveals a series of nine concentric circles inscribed into the door. The smallest circle, about six inches in diameter, may have once been bright red. The outermost circle, about four and a half feet in diameter, resembles a washed out violet. Each circle bears a different faded color. The colors run the gamut of a rainbow, from red to deep purple. Every circle has three breaks along its circumference, so that it consists of three arc segments of 120 degrees.
Campaign saved.
Ivor: do any of you know have any idea what this place is or why it was built? might tell us what to expect inside
[w] Jocelyn: does it appear the breaks in the circles are in the same location for all six of them?
[w] → Jocelyn: i do not understand the q
Jocelyn: no idea…the only person that has been here was insane and drunk
Ivor: well isent that encouraging
[w] Jocelyn: the picture answered it…was curious if the breaks in the circles were the same for all and the picture confirmed it
Thalia walks over to the door to take a closer look
[w] → Thalia: you know this place is akin to what Yvanna has said. This place resembles a harlas orn ruin
Jocelyn: can someone tell if this picture is radiating any type of magic?
Campaign saved.
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Magnis: you also know that this place resembles a harlas orn ruin, something that yvanna had mentioned
Thalia: This seems like the kind of thing that Yvanna was talking about.
[w] Jocelyn: love my questions being ignored…this isn’t going to end well I think
[w] → Jocelyn: just keep at it, people might be still settling in
Thalia: It’s probably an enterance to a harlas orn ruin.
[w] Jocelyn: I will, but am not encouraged by this group’s puzzle solving abilities…based on how things have gone so far…will try to guide them without doing player knowledge, etc.
GM: Behind the door, a broad, shallow stairway descends into darkness. The stairs are about ten feet wide, each step about two feet deep and six inches high. Dust, small stones, and twigs coat the steps, and will probably hinder quiet movement. The stairway descends about twenty feet vertically over a horizontal distance of forty feet, with a sloping ceiling that maintains a height of eight to ten feet above the steps. Roots grow through the ceiling along its entire length, creating a dense miniature forest. Occasional particles of dirt drop from the roots.
[w] Jocelyn: I bend down and scrape some stuff off the first step…is it colored besides normal stone color…thinking of the picture?
Campaign saved.
Ivor: should we try to open the dore all the way?
Jocelyn: perhaps someone should see if the picture radiates some sort of magic
[w] Jocelyn: checks for traps at the first 5’ of the stairs
[w] → Jocelyn: make a roll
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] (1) [1d2013 = 26]
Thalia: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
[w] → Thalia: you do detect magic
[w] → Thalia: it glows softly
Thalia: It’s definetly magical.
[w] → Jocelyn: you do not see any traps
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: moves 5’ and checks again for traps
‘cedric’ connected
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] (1) [1d2013 = 20]
Ivor: if the dores already open do we want to mess around with the dore?
Jocelyn: the picture is magical so more research should be done by those that can do it
Jocelyn: I am checking for traps along these stairs so we can safely descend them when ready to move forward
[w] → Thalia: you detect a moderate aura and the kind of aura is strange to you
Thalia: The magic from this symbol seems very odd.
Campaign saved.
GM: A partial wall of stone blocks obstructs progress past the foot of the stairs. Above chest height, the right side has collapsed, and tumbled blocks form a small pile in front of the wall.
Jocelyn: so you have never encountered this type of magic in your young career yet Thalia?
[w] Jocelyn: checks the 5’ section of stairs in front of me for traps again
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] (1) [1d2013 = 28]
[w] → Jocelyn: none
[w] Thalia: I’ll detect magic for the third round as well.
Magnis: I can examine it as well, although I may not be able to offer more than Thalia
Magnis: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
[w] Jocelyn: last check for bottom of the stairs by the wall
Ivor: im going to go down the stairs to back up jocelyn, my skills do not lie with magic paint
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] (1) [1d2013 = 19]
[w] → Jocelyn: none
[w] Jocelyn: I listen for any type of movement on the other side of the partial wall…thinking a goo place for an ambush
Thalia: I certainly hope you can find out more, this wouldn’t be hear without a reason.
Thalia: *here
[w] Jocelyn: good place
[w] → Jocelyn: make 1 more perception check
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+12 = 15]
[w] → Jocelyn: you do not detect anything unusual, just what you see, fallen blocks
[w] Jocelyn: I take a peek over the wall at the lowest point…fists ready for resistance
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, roll your 6 side
Jocelyn: [1d6 = 5]
Magnis: I can see various colors but not sure if this is significant
Campaign saved.
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] Jocelyn: I know what is coming and can react to it
[w] → Jocelyn: you believe you should move back, quickly
[w] Jocelyn: well not know exactly, but know trouble
[w] Jocelyn: I do…want an acrobatics check for a tumble?
[w] → Jocelyn: no need, you can move back
[w] → Jocelyn: make perc check
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+12 = 26]
[w] → Jocelyn: you hear movement from above, withgin the roots
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: that cover the area just above the half blocked passage
Jocelyn: guys, we have movement in the roots above us…get back into that room quickly
Jocelyn: guys, we have movement in the roots above the fallen wall…am sure it is trouble for sure
[w] Jocelyn: I shine my light up into the roots for a better look
Ivor: we should head back to the main room then?
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Knowledge (dungeoneering) [MOD:INT] [1d20+4 = 21]
Cedric: I can detect magic perhaps this is something of a religious nature?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: you think roots and plants like these might belong here
[w] → Jocelyn: like the moss, this area has been open to the elements
[w] Jocelyn: are the roots themselves moving or something crawling within them ?
Magnis: [SKILL] Knowledge Religion [MOD:INT] [1d20+5 = 11]
[w] → Jocelyn: you are not so sure now
[w] → Magnis: you do not believe this anything to do with religion
Cedric: [SKILL] Knowledge (religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+6 = 19]
[w] → Cedric: you do not believe this has anything to do with religion
Cedric: I dont know its not familiar to me.
[w] Jocelyn: do any of the roots or plants look like the magical ones we found at the poacher’s hideout before ?
Ivor: i dont suppose the pieces move>
Magnis: Thalia, perhaps you should push the center with your finger?
Thalia: Alright, I guess…
Campaign saved.
Thalia approches the sybol and touches the center with her hand.
[w] → Jocelyn: no
[w] → Jocelyn: also, no kibitzing!
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Thalia touches the upper red ring.
[w] Jocelyn: I walk up and touch all 9 pieces of the upper third with my left arm
[w] Jocelyn: at the same time…lay my arm down so that happens
[w] → Jocelyn: nothing happens
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+5 = 6]
Ivor: perhaps we should leave the already opend door alone
Thalia: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+3 = 22]
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: I pull out a shuriken and throw it at the area where the plants/roots are moving to see if anything comes flying out
[w] → Jocelyn: make a ranged attack
[w] Jocelyn: any mods?
[w] → Jocelyn: i have a dc in mind
Jocelyn: [ATTACK®] shuriken [1d20+7 = 23]
[w] → Jocelyn: you do not hit anything of note
[w] Jocelyn: just meant any negs…ok
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: can I try anything with the door again or did my dex check of 1 negate that…only reason I am not trying anything
[w] → Jocelyn: you can try
[w] → Jocelyn: but by their attempts, random stuff will not get you success
[w] Jocelyn: I know…they aren’t listening or using logic to determine the next step they should try
[w] Jocelyn: I step up…and touch the 9th ring, the 6th ring and the 3rd ring in order of the top quad, then repeat for the se quadrant…one ring at a time
[w] → Jocelyn: nothing
Campaign saved.
Magnis steps away from the door and motions the others towards the stairs
Jocelyn: I threw a shuriken into that area but didn’t seem to effect anything one way or the other
Thalia: I’ll head down the stairs a little and see if I can tell what’s down there.
Campaign saved.
Cedric: Do you need some light on the subject?
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
Thalia: I have my dagger lit, so I’ll be fine there.
Thalia sheathes most of the dagger and heads slowly down the stairs
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 29]
Jocelyn: places the sunrod in my backpack, giving her more shadow to move in
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Nature (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+14 = 20]
[w] → Thalia: you think you see the grasping roots of an unusually large F’lunin
[w] Thalia: so is it a plant-like creature?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: yes, a man eating plant
[w] → Thalia: they use them for executioons
[w] → Thalia: in Kith
Thalia slowly heas back up stairs
Ivor: so what did you find down there
[w] Jocelyn: is this going as you expected? 90 minutes in and haven’t moved
Thalia: Jocelyn was right about the danger. It looked like a large F’lunin.
Jocelyn: what is it and how do we kill it?
Thalia: They use them for executions back in town.
Jocelyn: is it a plant?
Thalia: Yes
Jocelyn: then fire should work nicely
Magnis lights a torch
Cedric: yes lets light it on fire.
Cedric: Does anyone have some oil we could throw on it before we light it?
Ivor: do you want me there to cut it off you just encase?
Ivor: i dont think so
Jocelyn: let’s not discuss oil
Jocelyn: I asked for that when the boat was chasing us and no one claimed to have any then
Campaign saved.
Cedric: perhaps some magical fiore would work
Jocelyn: how big are these things normally?
[w] → Thalia: you dont know that much abotu them
Thalia: I’m not sure, but this one looked pretty big.
Jocelyn: so magic and ranged weapons would probably be the best choice here…let’s take this thing out
Jocelyn: standing here is not getting us anywhere
Ivor: i have a sling if we need it
Thalia: Magnis, do you have any fire spells prepared today?
Jocelyn: no hurry, it seems everyone is content on staying in the little area
ivor (Ivor): can i see the plant there talking about
Campaign saved.
Ivor: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 3]
GM: No, you dont see anything
Ivor: so is anyone going to take care of this thing or what
Jocelyn: the mages should have lit this thing up by now, not sure why they haven’t
Cedric puts a bolt in his crossbow and stands at the ready.
Thalia: I would have, but I already used my fire spell today.
[w] Jocelyn: I might have to bow out after this one…this is ridiculous…no one is doing anything, the mages should have many spells into this thing by now and instead we are doing NOTHING
Magnis: I do not have any fire spells.
Ivor: if someone could use that magical light on a projectile and hit it we could see it clear as day
Thalia: Unless you think covering it with glitter or sticking it with webs would help, I’m afraid I only have my corssbow.
Jocelyn: cast light on one of my shurikens…I will try to hit it
Campaign saved.
Thalia casts light on Jocelyn’s shuriken
[w] Jocelyn: do I see it or do I need a perception check?
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+12 = 28]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK®] shuriken [1d20+7 = 19]
Jocelyn: initiative?
Ivor: theres no other way through though we could try removing more of that wall
Jocelyn: since no one is doing anything…I will cross the wall and make it drop down and attack us
Jocelyn: I cross over the wall
Jocelyn: sunrod back out in my hand
Ivor: follows behind waiting to strike
Campaign saved.
Ivor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 4]
Jocelyn: [INIT] [1d20+11 = 13]
Thalia: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 20]
Cedric: [INIT] [1d20 = 15]
[w] Magnis: I am dealing with something on the phone at the moment, sorry
[w] → Magnis: sok, ill leave you out of the fight right now
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Thalia
[TURN] Cedric
Cedric: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, heavy [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 6]
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 2
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Cedric
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 2
GM: One of the large plants reaches down and tries to attack Jocelyn
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [1d20+4 = 20]
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Ranged attack [1d20+5 = 19]
Thalia: [DAMAGE®] Crossbow, light [TYPE: piercing] [1d8 = 1]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: can’t target them on the map
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 21]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 16]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+4 = 7]
[TURN] Ivor
Campaign saved.
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Keen Falchion [CRIT 15] [1d20+10 = 22]
Ivor: [DAMAGE (M)] 2nd Attack [MULT:1.5] [2d4+10 = 15]
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 1
[w] Magnis: I’m back but can’t skype cause noisy people around me
Jocelyn: you have the turn on my screen
Jocelyn: yes
GM: Another set of Tendrils come down at the Fighter
GM: [GM] Original attack = 20+4=24
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [1d20 = 20]
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [CONFIRM] [1d20+4 = 15]
Ivor: cmd 22
Campaign saved.
Ivor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+8 = 15]
Magnis: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 13]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Thalia
Jocelyn: plants are immune to sneak attack and crits
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Ranged attack [1d20+5 = 11]
Ivor: really cause undead arent in pathfinder
[TURN] Cedric
Ivor: they changed allot of that from 3.5 to pathfinder
Cedric: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, heavy [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 12]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 2
Jocelyn: 27
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [1d20+4 = 19]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: attacks grappled one on Ivor
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 26]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 13]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+4 = 10]
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 2]
Magnis: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 3]
[TURN] Ivor
Campaign saved.
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+8 = 20]
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 1
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple (5) [1d209 = 20]
Ivor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 11]
Ivor: [1d12 = 6]
Ivor: [1d12 = 5]
Campaign saved.
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 11]
[TURN] Cedric
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 2
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [1d20+4 = 6]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: attacks one in front of me
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 19]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 19]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+4 = 5]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+4 = 9]
[TURN] Magnis
Campaign saved.
Magnis: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, Light [1d20+5 = 13]
[TURN] Ivor
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 1
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [1d20+4 = 17]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 13]
[TURN] Cedric
Cedric: [SKILL] Heal [MOD:WIS] [1d20+5 = 19]
Jocelyn: don’t forget you get a 2 to your skill check because you have a healer’s kit
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: normal poison has a secondary effect…that check would have prevented it if you succeeded
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20
8 = 23]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 12]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+4 = 9]
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, Light [1d20+5 = 13]
[TURN] Ivor
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 1
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [1d20+4 = 21]
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 14]
Jocelyn: wis bonus helps for that as well as AC
[TURN] Cedric
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 15]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [FULL] [1d20+8 = 9]
[TURN] Magnis
Campaign saved.
[w] → Magnis: you there?
Magnis: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, Light [1d20+5 = 21]
Magnis: [DAMAGE®] Crossbow, Light [1d8 = 6]
[TURN] Ivor
[GM] [TURN] Mutated Snakevine (F’lunin) 1
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Tendril Grapple [1d20+4 = 21]
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 23]
Thalia: [DAMAGE®] Crossbow, light [TYPE: piercing] [1d8 = 6]
Jocelyn: we need to go back to that area and hope ivor shrugs off whatever is effecting him
Cedric: I’ll continue to tend to his wound but my healing seems to have no effect on that poison.
Jocelyn: places backpack up against a wall, sits down and leans against it
Thalia: How long do you think he’ll be out?
Campaign saved.
Cedric: Its hard to tell he not responsive.
Jocelyn: a PC doesn’t know that information…we just have to wait
Cedric: I’m not familiar with this type of poison.
Jocelyn: we will set up camp here and wait
Cedric: Lets inspect these plants and see what we can find out from them.
Thalia: [1d6 = 3]
Magnis: [1d6 = 3]
Cedric: [1d6 = 5]
Campaign saved.
Thalia takes a closer look at the plants
Magnis: [SKILL] Knowledge (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+5 = 25]
Jocelyn: pulls out my deck of cards and practices my card skills
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Nature (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+14 = 21]
Magnis: These plants appear mutated
Thalia: Does anyone have anything we could use to take a sample of the poison with?
Jocelyn: no
Cedric: I think it best we rest back up top just in case theres more of these things.
Jocelyn: perhaps one of the harvesters remains my reside in one of the bulbs of these two…someone should try and hack it down to check
Magnis: agreed
Thalia: I could also pour out one of my ink vials, but we’d have to rinse it out first.
Jocelyn: am sitting and leaning against my backpack where my token is…practicing my card skills
Campaign saved.
Thalia is looking through her pack for a container to take a sample with
Jocelyn: so noone is going to try and cut the bulbs down to check for information regarding the harvesters?
Jocelyn: I would, but don’t have a blade long enough to try
Cedric: I only have a dagger.
Jocelyn: points in that direction
Jocelyn: bones over there…they look recent
Thalia: I could try my rapier
Cedric: do you think they were eaten by the plants?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: checks out the bones…looks for skulls…figures best way to see how many bodies are here
Jocelyn: anything non organic around…pack, etc.?
GM: Two humanoid skeletons are clearly distinguishable among a pile of animal bones. No clothing or other distinctive features accompany the bones. However, a backpack with a Jade Leaf insignia rests against the wall near the bones.
Jocelyn: looking for anything to verify if they were the harvesters
Jocelyn: goes the the pack thoroughly, looking for information
GM: The backpack shows no damage and probably has not been here more than a few days. It contains clothing and small tools used in plant harvesting.
Jocelyn: I thought 3
Cedric: What does this jade leaf symbol mean?
Jocelyn: we are working for them now…they monitor the harvesting of the magical plants that surround this swamp
Jocelyn: gathers as many bones as possible and wraps them up in what remains of my outfit
Cedric: are we bring the bones with us?
Jocelyn: my red outfit that I used a piece of to set the c’bow from the boat on fire
Jocelyn: we cannot go further with ivor in his condition
Campaign saved.
GM: This corridor is ten feet wide and forty feet long. The walls are ten feet high. A thin layer of slimy water coats a floor lined with closely fitted marble blocks. Large slabs of marble have been mounted on the walls and extend from the floor to the ceiling. Even after thousands of years, the off-white marble shot through with gray streaks provides a lasting beauty.
Cedric: I agree we cant just leave him there.
Jocelyn: we can go further or back home…either way we must wait to see if Ivor recovers
Jocelyn: if not, then we must go home and take him with us

Adventure Log 12

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega