Adventure Log 13

GM: Behind the door, a broad, shallow stairway descends into darkness. The stairs are about ten feet wide, each step about two feet deep and six inches high. Dust, small stones, and twigs coat the steps, and will probably hinder quiet movement. The stairway descends about twenty feet vertically over a horizontal distance of forty feet, with a sloping ceiling that maintains a height of eight to ten feet above the steps. Roots grow through the ceiling along its entire length, creating a dense miniature forest. Occasional particles of dirt drop from the roots.
GM: \A partial wall of stone blocks obstructs progress past the foot of the stairs. Above chest height, the right side has collapsed, and tumbled blocks form a small pile in front of the wall.
GM: Two humanoid skeletons are clearly distinguishable among a pile of animal bones. No clothing or other distinctive features accompany the bones. However, a backpack with a Jade Leaf insignia rests against the wall near the bones.
GM: The backpack shows no damage and probably has not been here more than a few days. It contains clothing and small tools used in plant harvesting.
GM: The party has moved back for a respite after the altercation with the large, mutated F’lunin.
GM: Their hired protector, Ivor has been poisoned by one of them and thus far the poison does not appear to be killing him however he is in a paralitic state of which as of yet he has not awoke.

Campaign saved.
Cedric: I have tried every type of healing i know. he doesnt seem to be taking any more damage but I cant seem to wake him up.
Cedric: This affect on him is beyond my ability as a healeer.
Cedric: It seems as though we may have found the missing harvesters. Should we return?
Magnis: perhaps some sort of plant would provide the cure he needs.
Cedric: yes I agree but know nothing of the natural fuana.
[w] Thalia: would my character have any idea?
[w] → Thalia: you could make a roll
Cedric: perhaps there is an antidote further into the cave.
Magnis: worth looking into
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Nature (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+14 = 20]
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: you think you remember it be mentioned in the Village but it is right there on the edge of yoru mind
‘ivor’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘ivor’ reconnected
Thalia: I’m sure I heard of something, but I can’t recall the details.
Magnis: lets head up the path and see whats at the other end, might be something that can help Ivor
Cedric: I dont think its a good idea to leave our companion behind so I think we must either stay with him or carry him.
GM: The Rogue indicates that if you all want to go, she will watch after Ivor
Thalia: There might be something in the backpack by those skeletons.
GM: The backpacks have been recovered and gone through
GM: Nothing of note was in them
GM: Just more proof of what happened to the harvesters
Campaign saved.
Magnis stands and heads past the door
Cedric: Perhapos instead of the rouge standing guard , she would be more useful in sneaking ahead to scope things out?
GM: This time she veto’s that idea
Cedric: well then shall we have a look around?
GM: Magnis has already move forward into the cooridor, however, who has light?
Thalia: Hold on, Magnis, I’ll come too.
GM: The light from Thalia is enough for Elves and Half-Elves to see fairly well
GM: Stairs in front of Magnis lead down
Cedric follows magnis’s lead
Thalia heads down the corridor behinds Magnis
Campaign saved.
Thalia *behind
GM: A partial wall of stone blocks obstructs progress past the foot of the stairs. Above chest height, the right side has collapsed, and tumbled blocks form a small pile in front of the wall.
Cedric starps his crossbow over his back and equips his dagger and shield.
Thalia: How far do we want to venture from the others?
Cedric: Lets explore a bit.
Cedric: I am curious about any remedies we may find for Ivor.
Magnis peers through the hole in the wall
Magnis: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 20]
Campaign saved.
GM: This corridor is ten feet wide and forty feet long. The walls are ten feet high. A thin layer of slimy water coats a floor lined with closely fitted marble blocks. Large slabs of marble have been mounted on the walls and extend from the floor to the ceiling. Even after thousands of years, the off-white marble shot through with gray streaks provides a lasting beauty.
Magnis: steps cautiously through the hole
Cedric: after you Thalia
Thalia place the dagger on the wall, then moves through
GM: You hear the piddle patter of water as you step lightly through
Cedric climbs the wall after Thalia.
GM: The water mixed with the heat from outside makes the floor and walls very slippery with moss
Thalia picks her dagger back up
Magnis uses his spear to keep balance on the slippery floor
GM: You feel as long as you do not run that you can maintain your balance well enough
GM: An intact barrier blocks the end of the corridor opposite the tumbled barrier. The barrier consists of interlocking stone blocks stacked about eight feet high, leaving a gap of a couple feet between the top of the barrier and the top of the doorway.
Campaign saved.
Magnis: maybe the symbol we activated on the door actually closed this barrier?
Cedric: Thalia if I were to boost you up there do you think you could shine your dagger over the wall to see whats ahead?
Thalia: Sure.
Cedric boosts thalia high enough to see over the wall.
GM: She is fairly light enough to hoist up
Thalia tries lean onto the open portion of the wall to see farther in
[w] → Thalia: form your vantage point you can see that the doorway leads to a circular room
Campaign saved.
Thalia: There’s a room on the other side, looks circleuler.
Cedric: any sign of life in there?
Thalia: Not that I can see.
Thalia scans the room again to check for movement.
[w] → Thalia: you do not see any
Magnis: [CAST] Open/Close 0
Cedric: I wonder if the blocks were used to trap something in, or keep something out.
Campaign saved.
[w] Thalia: do I see any doors or any openings further into the cave?
Cedric: if they are to keep something in there may be something very dangerous in there.
Cedric: on the other hand there may be something very valuable in there.
[w] → Thalia: not form where you are
[w] → Thalia: you would need to drop down to see
Magnis: either way it’s possibly too dangerous to allow her to enter alone
Thalia: I can’t really see where this room leads to.
Cedric: I agree but perhaps we can remove enough blocks that we could all enter.
Cedric: They seems to move slightly.
[w] Magnis: I have to step away for a few, neighbor dropping stuff off
Thalia: Perhaps we should wait until Ivor recovers before looking farther.
Cedric: I agree with Thalia. It may be neccesary for us to wait.
GM: Magnis appears to agree
Cedric: And actually we did find what we came for perhaps we should return after we have found out more about this place.
Cedric: the harvesters that is
Thalia: I would love to explore this place more, but you do have a good point
Campaign saved.
Cedric helps Tha;lia down and turns to head back to the entrance
Thalia: There were those men who attacked us earlier and I wouldn’t want to be trapped by them.
Thalia gets down and thanks Cedric
Cedric: How is our patient doing any improvement?
Cedric inquires of the rouge
GM: The Rogue solemnly shakes her head
Cedric: lets rest here and consider traveling back in the morning.
Thalia: That sounds good to me.
Campaign saved.
GM: The Rogue agrees to take first watch
Cedric: I will take first watch.
GM: The rogue nods and breaks out her pack for a bite to eat
Thalia: It would be best for either me, or Magnis to take the first and last watches, so we can recover pur spells.
Cedric: oh yes what was I thinking.
Cedric rolls out his bedroll and settles down on to it
Campaign saved.
GM: Fatigue begins to take those who found a comfortable place upon the cool stones. It is not so warm in here.
GM: After a couple of hours Thalia is slightly alarmed by movement out of the corner of her eye. however for those who are sleeping, it all appears to be a dream
GM: Pale, white/blue apparitions step past you as you sit. They are dressed in robes and appear to be lizardlike in their faces. Their hands hold books and scolls as they pass by, their long tails lingering just behind them
GM: *scrolls
GM: You do not hear them move nor do they appear to notice you as they interact silently with one another
GM: However, after a few processions of the odd-looking lizard people one stops in its tracks.
Campaign saved.
GM: Slowly it turns its head and looks straight at you. With a voice like that of a snake it speaks as its eyes open widely at you.
GM: “The Sleepers…must…awaken!”
GM: WIth that you blink and the room was as it was, as if nothing had ever happened
Thalia goes and wakes up Cedric
Cedric startled asks if everything is okay
Cedric instictively reaching for his dagger
Thalia: Apperitions just passed through the room
Cedric wiping the sleep from his eyes surveys the room
Thalia: Only one of them noticed us, and it said “The sleepers must awaken”
Thalia: They looked like lizardmen.
Cedric: Its strange but I faintly recall a dream similar to what your describing
Campaign saved.
Cedric: are you sure you didnt doze off and dream something?
Thalia: Yes, and even if I did, it would be strange to have the same dream.
Cedric a sense of uneasiness falls over cedric
Cedric rises to his feet
Cedric: perhaps we should let the other s know
Thalia: I was just thinking about that.
Thalia: It might be better to move camp.
Cedric: If there is something about to awaken on this island we should be ready for anything.
Cedric: i dont suppose the jungles outside would be any safer though
Thalia: That’s true.
Cedric ponders the situations calling on Pharasma for guidance
Thalia: But snakes and lizards can’t lay curses.
Campaign saved.
GM: You all notice that the rogue has been awake for a little while perhaps
GM: Upon listening to you speak, she relays to you a story about a Temple that she had visited a while back
Cedric listens intently.
GM: They were paid to look for a lost man for Meryl Dunestal
GM: And find him they did within a room filled with cold and ice
GM: They also found that very phrase written in blood upon a wall…The Sleepers Must Awaken
Thalia: Hmm… we probably should move camp then.
Cedric: Where was this temple?
Cedric: and whose blood was it?
GM: She tells you that they never knew but she also relays that there was a sinister looking alter in that temple
Campaign saved.
GM: it had dried blood and there was a room filled with refuse and clothing…clothing that could of belonged to a dozen lizardmen
GM: These lizardmen were different she tells you. The ones in the dreams
GM: Different from those seen about in teh swamp
Cedric: Thalia in which direction were they traveling?
GM: You all know which direction they were moving
GM: further into the cavern
Cedric: toward the circular room or out of the cave?
Campaign saved.
Thalia moves towards the door to peak into the corridor
GM: You see nothing out of the ordinary
GM: It is as if you dreamed all of it
Cedric: I say we keep watch and continue to rest here till morning
Thalia: There’s nothing down here now.
Thalia: Do you all think we should move camp, or double up on watches?
Campaign saved.
Magnis: double up on watches
Cedric: agreed
GM: You sleep, ill watch…the rogue suggests
Thalia: I’ll join you for the rest of my watch.
Cedric settles back onto his bedroll keeping a hand on his dagger
GM: The rest of the evening goes off without further interruptions
Cedric prays to Pharasma for protection and guidance as he settles in
GM: The Rogue wakes Magnis for his watch before the morning
Magnis stands slowly, unhappy to be awakened
GM: It appears that Ivor is just sleeping now it seemed to her as he rolled over onto his side
Campaign saved.
GM: Morning comes and you all are refreshed though you half expected to have more distrubing dreams
GM: Thankfully they did not come
Ivor: what the hell happend
Cedric puts his gear away and checks on Ivor
Ivor: the thing barely scratched me
Cedric: Well we lost you there for a bit, perhaps somekind of poison
Cedric: how do you feel?
Magnis checks water supply
Ivor: like i chalenged a dwarf to a drinking contest
Magnis: and the dwarf won?
Magnis smiling
Campaign saved.
Magnis: With Ivor’s recovery, perhaps we should discuss further investigation of the circular room?
Thalia: I’d like to investigate further, but we might want to save our resources for the trip back.
Ivor: how are we looking for provisions
Thalia: There is a good chance whoever was after us on the way here is still out there.
Ivor: and the longer we stay here the more chance there is of being found
Campaign saved.
Cedric: Guidance – 1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Ivor: so are we staying here or heading back to town?
Magnis: Sounds as though we’re heading back to town.
Campaign saved.
Thalia: If so, we’ll have to come back here eventually.
Ivor: then lets get moving
GM: The Rogue remarks, “As tough as it was to get here, you all want to head back without seeing whats in those rooms?”
Magnis stands and gathers his gear and turns to begin exiting the cave
Cedric: I agree lets see what we can find out back in town.
Magnis: I am in agreement with the rogue, but I will follow the lead of the group
Thalia: Well, do we have enough resources to stay longer?
GM: “Clearly no one has ever been in here. I bet Yvanna would pay for anything we found,” she continues
Cedric: I can make fresh water and I have soem rations
Thalia: If we’re good on food, water, and ammunition, maybe we should look further
[w] → Magnis: you believe there is enough water for everyone for 2 more days
Magnis: If we’re conservative we should have enough water for 2 more days
Magnis: but hopefully we can also replenish our water as well
Magnis: we should return to the barrier and investigate removing enough of the blocks that we can all get into the room
Campaign saved.
Thalia: How much food do we have left?
GM: Food appears to be in abundance
Ivor: im just here to keep you alive
Ivor: its up to you where we go
Thalia draws her dagger and casts light on it
Cedric: Lets explore if we are all in agreement
Thalia: Let’s head in then.
Campaign saved.
Magnis makes an attempt to remove a stone from the barrier
GM: The gap in the stones is from the top. rom yur height, other stones are atop the ones you try to push in.
GM: In teh manner in which you proceed you surmise is will take hours to move these stones this way. however, from atop the wall, Thalia just moving about them showed that they do move easier from up top
Cedric: I woinder if Magnis was right about the switch in the beginning
Magnis: Maybe if we lift someone up they could try to remove some of the higher stones and work our way down?
Cedric: maybe we closed the path
Campaign saved.
Ivor: i get the feeling that would have been more noisu
Thalia: It could have been tied to the apparitions though.
Magnis: two could return and try the symbol to see if the barrier moves
Thalia: Or maybe something in this next room
Cedric: yes your right it would have created more noise
Magnis: then lets lift Thalia and try to remove some of the stones
Cedric: okay
Thalia: Alright.
Cedric boosts thalia to the top of the wall
Thalia passes the light off to someone else
Magnis helps support Thalia
Thalia feels out for the loosest stone to start with
Magnis: Possibly slide a stone back towards us, one at a time. Someone on this side can take them and pile them to the side
[w] → Thalia: you find a place to brace yourself in such a way you can use your legs to push a stone…make a strength check
Ivor: here ill pile them
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 13]
Ivor: piles the stones beside me
[w] → Thalia: you push a stone and it crashes to the floor
GM: A stone comes crashing down to the floor
Magnis: Nice catch Ivor
Magnis laughs
Magnis: Maybe someone should help you?
Campaign saved.
Thalia: Sure, if someone else could fit up here.
Cedric: maybe we should push them in
Magnis: My fear of pushing them in is we don’t know what is on the other side, wouldn’t want to trip anything
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 8]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 10]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 8]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 3]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 9]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 13]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 1]
Campaign saved.
Thalia: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20
3 = 17]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 8]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 4]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 18]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 17]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 3]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 6]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20 = 1]
Thalia: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+3 = 12]
Thalia: I’m alright!
Ivor: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+5 = 14]
Magnis steps asside to make room for Cedric
Ivor: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+5 = 20]
Ivor: 20
Ivor: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+5 = 19]
Ivor: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+5 = 15]
Cedric slips over the wall and drops to the floor on the other side
GM: The room appears to be a perfect circle with a diameter of about twenty-five feet. The walls are eight feet high, with a veneer of the same white marble found in the corridor. A dome of brilliant white stone caps the room, the apex twenty feet above the floor. The dome sparkles as if embedded with gems.
Campaign saved.
Ivor: ivor enters the room
Ivor: is this some kind of magic?
Magnis: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
[w] → Magnis: the whole room is bathed in Evocation Magic
GM: To the right of the entrance, about 120 degrees along the room’s circumference, a short corridor extends to another room. Perhaps more interesting, a design has been carved into the wall, 120 degrees from each door. Thematically it resembles the carvings on the door in the cave, but is not a replica. Here there is only one circle broken into nine equal segments. Each segment is a different color, corresponding to the colors of the nine circles on the entrance door. These colors are still vibrant, in contrast to the degradation that occurred in the cave.
Magnis: This whole room seems to pulse with Evocation magic
Thalia: Then we should be careful about what we set off.
Thalia takes a closer look at the circle near the next door
Thalia: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
[w] → Thalia: they glow faintly
Thalia: It glows like the last one did.
Campaign saved.
Magnis peers down the short corridor towards the next room
Magnis: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 17]

Adventure Log 13

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega