Adventure Log 14

Ivor: have you all gatherd what you need?
Jocelyn: [1d8 = 8]
Lukries: [1d6 = 4]
Jocelyn: I believe we have everything we need to report and prove what we found here
Cedric: I think we have everything. I am curious about the stones and scrolls we found.
Cedric: I wonder if they hold any value .
Ivor: shall we make our way back to the boat then?
Jocelyn: so we have checked every known area of this underground area then?
Campaign saved.
Cedric: Yes . Hopefully our boat has not been disturbed.
Ivor: dont jinx it
Jocelyn: I know we hid it fairly well, let’s hope it was hidden well enough
Cedric: I say we make haste in that direction. We have a bit of a ways to go.
Cedric: Shall we then?
Jocelyn: yes, back out into the blistering heat…
GM: Having apparently packed up what you have found, it appears most of you are ready to exit this place
Ivor: yes lets leave this infested island
Cedric: After you my friend
Thalia: What route do will we be taking back?
GM: Magnis nods in agreeance
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: I listen before heading out
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 17]
Ivor: [SKILL] Survival [MOD:WIS] [1d20+6 = 19]
Ivor: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+1 = 14]
Cedric: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+6 = 14]
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+14 = 23]
[w] Jocelyn: have not left the cave yet…standing in the entrance looking outward so if you want neg modifiers go ahead and reduce my number
[w] → Thalia: you get a strange feeling..as if your being watched
[w] → Thalia: but you do not directly see anyone
Thalia: Does anyone else get the feeling we’re being watched?
Cedric: This blasted jungle is horrible.
GM: As soon as you exit the cave, the heat, the humidity assault you once more
Jocelyn: always, but that is just my nature…no actual feeling
Cedric Looks around trying to spot something
[w] → Ivor: make one more survival role
[w] → Thalia: make a nature roll
Ivor: if your worried we should be on our guard but we need to get back to the boat…
Ivor: [SKILL] Survival [MOD:WIS] [1d20+6 = 17]
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Nature (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+15 = 25]
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: it is odd, you do not here animals or birds…it is very quiet for a junglle island
Cedric: Yes lets travel as quickly as we can . Does anyone have an idea of the direction?
GM: Your former trail is not hard to find
GM: It was cut
Jocelyn: follow the path and the boat is just sw of where it ends at the water
GM: Branches, brush, wines etc. were cut away, revealing a path south
Thalia: The jungle shouldn’t be this quiet.
Thalia: Keep your eyes open.
Jocelyn: maybe a storm is coming…I heard animals get quiet before a storm
Ivor: do you think preditor or people?
[w] → Thalia: you do not know
Thalia: I’m not sure.
Ivor: any suggestions? cause right now were walking single file into a trap
Jocelyn: whatever is going to happen will happen, so we just need to get to the boat and deal with whatever is waiting for us
Cedric: a trap?
Ivor: your funeral
Ivor: pushes onwards
Cedric: No one’s going to die on my watch. I hope.
Jocelyn: just saying that standing here and wondering what MIGHT be out there…isn’t productive
Cedric says a pray to Pharasma for protection
Campaign saved.
Cedric: can you see the boat?
GM: Ivor bursts out into the south clearing
GM: And immediately he can see several men standing near the shore. It is not very long at all before they begin pointing at you. At first count, you can see 9
GM: They do not appear to be moving to attack
GM: they just stand there, looking at you
[w] Jocelyn: checks them for weapons, armor, race (if known) and any other possible markings (jade leaf, etc.)…visually from where I am
Ivor: hello
Cedric: We mean no harm.
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
No whisper message found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: they look like poachers, they all have heavy crossbows trained on you and short swords in their belts
Cedric: Lets all just lower our weapons a bit and smile .
Campaign saved.
GM: They all appear to have heavy crossbows aimed but do not appear to fire
Jocelyn: they look alot like our poacher friends from before…do not trust anything they say
Ivor: who are you? (aimed at poacher mob)
[w] Jocelyn: goes over and checks the status our boat
[w] → Jocelyn: it is no longer there
Jocelyn: where is your boat ??????
Jocelyn: they stole our boat !!!!!!!!!!!!!
GM: A man in leathers moves forward…he has blonde hair, a short beard and the look of intelligence in his eyes
Poacher Leader: I dare say, we have NOT stolen your boat
[w] Jocelyn: look for drag marks to see if they dragged it to the water or maybe further into the jungle and destroyed it
Jocelyn: ok, did you destroy it then ??
[w] → Jocelyn: you do see that and you also see it half way in the water south
GM: The man gestures behind him
Jocelyn: then what is that over there ??
Jocelyn: points to the south at our boat half in the water
Poacher Leader: But my lord would not have you just walk away without a little chat
Cedric surveys the poachers nervously
GM: From behind him, a familiar face steps up
Jocelyn: your lord? so you are just a puppet doing your lord’s bidding?
Jocelyn: I feel sorry for you
Hoyt: Well well well
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: is he weilding that staff by any chance ??
[w] Ivor: im preparing to charge the poacher leader
[w] → Jocelyn: no
[w] Ivor: as a redied action
[w] → Ivor: ok
[w] Jocelyn: ok, wasn’t sure if he was the true owner and it came back to him…
GM: A motion from the leader and several crossbows suddenly shift upon Ivor
Hoyt: Now now
[w] Jocelyn: what is he wearing and what weapons are visible, if any…meany Hoyt?
Hoyt: Lets be civilized shall we
[w] → Jocelyn: hard to tell, he is wearing a cloak
Ivor: you might kill me but I would cut you down first
Cedric: Yes lets be. What is it you want from us?
Jocelyn: you talk about civilized…you fireballed your own man so he wouldn’t talk last time we met…
Hoyt: Yes, one must do things he regrets
Hoyt: But I am more interested in what you have found
Jocelyn: you men see the value he puts on your lives…puppets, all of you !!!!
[w] Ivor: changing target to hoyt
Jocelyn: go see for yourself…the trail leads that away up to a nice cave
[w] → Ivor: you notice the leader eyeing you and he appears to have a readied action as well
Jocelyn: points back towards the cave without taking my eyes off Hoyt
Hoyt: Well, I can see by your bundles that whatever was there is no longer there
Hoyt: What did you find?
Cedric: Please answer the question what is it you want from us? We are not here for small taLk.
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we are in a hurry…are you going to let us pass or are we going to have to choose option B ??
[w] → Jocelyn: you can see that most of the men appear to have fingers to triggers, ready to shoot
Ivor: well we found a self important cowerd who talks too much and wont leave us alone…
Jocelyn: your boys just can’t wait to pull those triggers, can they…mindless drones they are…what a waste
Hoyt: You cant win this one boy, all I want is what you found and you all can go about your merry way…You dont know what you are meddling with
Jocelyn: a coward that runs away at the first sign of defeat
Jocelyn: what prize do I win for the correct answer ??
GM: You all notice his face contort…he turns away from you
Cedric: Well we did find a few things . What is it youyr after?
Hoyt: I know I know
Thalia: From what I remember, you barely crawled away with your life last time we met.
GM: He appears to be talking to someone that isnt there
Jocelyn: he had to turn invisible and run away like a little girl…what a leader your men follow
GM: In a loud voice he argues
[w] Jocelyn: is the guy right in front of hoyt dressed a little differently? he looks different from the other tokens, so that is why I am asking?
Hoyt: You disturb what you do not understand!
Jocelyn: and you do not understand what you are disturbing
Ivor: so we are confrunted by a fool and a madman all in one
[w] → Jocelyn: he is different..he looks as if he can handle himself
Hoyt: Madman hah!
Hoyt: Do you have the dreams?
Jocelyn: wow, we going to play word games all day while the sun drains the pounds away?
Hoyt: Oh I hear their voices
Hoyt: I see their please
GM: he turns away again aggitated by something
Hoyt: No no…!
Ivor: ok weve had enough get out of the way fefore i give you a quicker death then you deserve
Campaign saved.
ivor (Ivor): before*
GM: Unhappy he turns back
GM: he sighs
Hoyt: All you do is get in my way
GM: with that he takes several steps back
Jocelyn: ok, we have wasted enough time on this island…do you wish to surrender and we might spare your lives or do you want to meet your ancestors today ?
Ivor: i charge before he gets out of vision
Poacher Leader: Your boat has been holed sir
[w] Jocelyn: I charge the guy I mentioned before
Thalia: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 11]
Jocelyn: [INIT] [1d20+11 = 28]
Ivor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 6]
Cedric: [INIT] [1d20 = 3]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 7]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 16]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 5]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 7]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 16]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 10]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 5]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 5
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 17]
Attack 17 → [at Poacher Leader] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 30]
Attack 30 → [at Poacher Leader] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [CONFIRM] [1d20+10 = 27]
Attack 27 → [at Poacher Leader] [CRITICAL HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 5]
Damage 5 → [to Poacher Leader] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack [1d20+7 = 22]
Attack 22 → [at Poacher Leader] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] unarmed attack [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 5]
Damage 5 → [to Poacher Leader] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] sneak attack [MOD:INT] [2d6 = 6]
Damage 6 → [to Poacher Leader] [DYING]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
[GM] [TURN] Hoyt
Campaign saved.
Ivor: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 18]
Cedric: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+1 = 3]
Thalia: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+7 = 8]
[w] Jocelyn: it is under my abilities…for every sneak attack damage die I do with a successful sneak attack, he takes 1 point of bleeding damage (I currently have 2d6 sneak attack, so 2 points of bleeding damage)…this damage does not stack, so if I were to sneak attack him again while he was taking the first set of damage, it does not stack
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 22]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 11]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 4]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 3]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 5]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 4]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 3]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher Leader
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 3
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 8]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
[TURN] Magnis
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 16]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d10 = 9]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d10 = 9]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 6
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 8
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
[TURN] Thalia
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 5
Poacher Leader: [GM] [STABILIZATION] [at -1] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 15]
Effect [‘Stable’] → [to Thalia]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d10 = 7]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 7
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
[TURN] Ivor
[w] Jocelyn: just curious, did the fireball set any of the jungle plants/trees on fire or is it too humid to spread at all?
Thalia: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Poacher 4] 0
Thalia: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Poacher 2] 0
Thalia: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Hoyt] 0
Poacher Leader: [GM] [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 19]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20 = 6]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20 = 16]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
Campaign saved.
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Keen Falchion [CRIT 15] (2) [1d2013 = 21]
Attack 21 → [at Hoyt] [HIT]
Ivor: [DAMAGE (M)] Keen Falchion [MOD2:STR] [TYPE: slashing] [2d4+18 = 24]
[w] Jocelyn: that seems way too powerful for our levels, let alone someone even 10+ level
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: that feat seems ridiculously too powerful…I wouldn’t even allow it…makes a fighter much more powerful then the rest of us…not complaining, I love my character
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: this is an extreme example of a one dimensional Uber fighter class that is way out of our league…power level-wise
[TURN] Cedric
[w] → Jocelyn: I could find a way to balance it but it would be at the detrament to others
Cedric: [2d6 = 9]
[TURN] Lukries
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: I hear you…you shouldn’t have to throw a level 10 boss in there that only seems to focus on him while we deal with the henchman…unrealistic, even for rpg
Campaign saved.
Thalia: Thank you Cedric
[w] Ivor: i dont suppose you would have the ability to kill my character this round O_O
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 15]
Attack 15 → [at Poacher 7] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 29]
Attack 29 → [at Poacher 7] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 7]
Damage 7 → [to Poacher 7] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 11]
Damage 11 → [to Poacher 7] [DYING]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
Cedric Grabs his holy symbols and raises it to the heavens as positive energy flows out from him, healing himself and those around him.
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 15]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 2]
[GM] [TURN] Hoyt
Campaign saved.
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+15 = 25]
[w] → Thalia: he is casting teleport, conjuration
Thalia: He’s teleported!
[GM] [TURN] Poacher Leader
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 3
Jocelyn: typical coward…leaving his men to die….AGAIN !!!
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 11]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 2]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 1]
[w] Lukries: these guys aren’t summoned minions are they?
[TURN] Magnis
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 7]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 1]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 6
Campaign saved.
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 8
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 7]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [CAST] Burning Hands [at Poacher 1] 0
Poacher Leader: [GM] [SAVE] Reflex [VS DC 16] [FAILURE] [1d20+1 = 5]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 10]
Thalia: [DAMAGE] Burning Hands [TYPE: fire,spell] [4d4 = 8]
Damage 8 → [to Poacher 1] [DYING]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 5
Campaign saved.
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
[TURN] Ivor
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Keen Falchion [CRIT 15] [1d20+11 = 30]
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Keen Falchion [CRIT 15] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 16]
Ivor: [DAMAGE (M)] Keen Falchion [MOD2:STR] [TYPE: slashing] [2d4+18 = 22]
Ivor: [DAMAGE (M)] Keen Falchion [MOD2:STR] [TYPE: slashing] [2d4+18 = 22]
[TURN] Cedric
Cedric: [2d6 = 7]
[TURN] Lukries
Campaign saved.
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 26]
Attack 26 → [at Poacher 6] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 27]
Attack 27 → [at Poacher 6] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 11]
Damage 11 → [to Poacher 6] [DYING]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 12]
Damage 12 → [to Poacher 6]
[GM] [TURN] Hoyt
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 3
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 4]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 5]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 9]
[TURN] Magnis
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 16]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 3]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+3 = 22]
Thalia: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [CONFIRM] [1d20+3 = 12]
Thalia: [DAMAGE (M)] Rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d6 = 5]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 5
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d20 = 17]
Poacher Leader: [GM] [1d6 = 5]
[TURN] Ivor
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Keen Falchion [CRIT 15] [1d20+11 = 26]
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Keen Falchion [CRIT 15] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 20]
Ivor: [DAMAGE (M)] Keen Falchion [MOD2:STR] [TYPE: slashing] [2d4+18 = 26]
[TURN] Cedric
Campaign saved.
Cures 2d8 damage 1/level (max +10).
Cedric: [2d8 = 15]
[TURN] Lukries
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20
10 = 23]
Attack 23 → [at Poacher 3] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 18]
Attack 18 → [at Poacher 3] [HIT]
Thalia: Thanks
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 5]
Damage 5 → [to Poacher 3] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 12]
Damage 12 → [to Poacher 3] [DYING]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 3
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 1]
[TURN] Magnis
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+3 = 9]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 5
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
[TURN] Ivor
Ivor: [ATTACK (M)] Keen Falchion [CRIT 15] [1d20+11 = 25]
Ivor: [DAMAGE (M)] Keen Falchion [MOD2:STR] [TYPE: slashing] [2d4+18 = 22]
[TURN] Cedric
Campaign saved.
Cedric: [2d6 = 3]
[TURN] Lukries
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack [1d20+7 = 20]
Attack 20 → [at Poacher 5] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] unarmed attack [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 9]
Damage 9 → [to Poacher 5] [DYING]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] sneak attack [MOD:INT] [2d6 = 12]
Damage 12 → [to Poacher 5] [DEAD]
[TURN] Magnis
[TURN] Thalia
Jocelyn: everybody alive and breathing?
[TURN] Ivor
[TURN] Lukries
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Lukries
Thalia: I think so.
Jocelyn: let’s get out of here as quickly as possible…
GM: Ivor, you see 3 good boats
[w] Jocelyn: how many operational boats are there on the shore?
Ivor: well at least we have a ride
Cedric: Cedric uses his sponteneous casting ability to cast cure moderate wounds on Ivor
Jocelyn: can we tether all the boats together and take them all or should we just grab one and go?
Campaign saved.
GM: Roll for healing
Thalia: It would be faster to take anything we needed from the other boats and take one
Cedric: [2d8 = 5]
Cedric: 4
[w] Jocelyn: does it look like we could install our boat’s c’bow on one of their boats? I will go check our out to see if it is broken as well if you want
Ivor: thank you priest
[w] → Jocelyn: you eventually find it broken from its support. Withut tools you will nto be able to re mount it but it is still servicable
Cedric: Your quite welcome my friend. Your talents in combat are to be admired.
Thalia: Which way back are we taking?
ivor (Ivor): how big are the boats?
Jocelyn: looks like we won’t be going back with a mounted c’bow this time…the c’bow itself seems to be in working order but we don’t have the tools to mount it on one of the others
[w] Jocelyn: I search the bodies, starting with the poacher leader (what didn’t get burnt to a crisp) and will try to pocket anything small if others aren’t watching
Ivor: well lets gather equiptment from these poachers and be off i dont want to wait around for re enforcments.
Thalia looks over one of the boats for supplies
Cedric: would anyonel like some fresh water I can fill our skins before we leave.
[w] → Jocelyn: poacher leader seemed to have nice, leather armor, a MW short sword
[w] Jocelyn: do either still seem okay to use or did the fireball seem to destroy either or both?
[w] → Jocelyn: from the poachers you can collect 35GP, 114sp
[w] Jocelyn: do the others see me collect it? if not I will add to my sheet only
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: his leather armor is badly scorched and cut up
Ivor: lets have a drink and refill our water
Ivor: dose so
[w] → Jocelyn: i would say a few glance at you while you move about, collecting property
[w] Jocelyn: will gather up the short sword and scabbard (if he had one) and bring it back
Cedric: I wonder what spirits haunt that coward Hoyt
Jocelyn: found some money here amongst them all…35 gp and 114 sp…we can divide it up on the way back
Ivor: i would think they are the spirits of drink and madness
Cedric: he mentioned the dreams could it be the same ones we had?
Ivor: dreams?
Thalia: I suspect it might be a curse
Jocelyn: now it makes more sense as to our friend back in town why he wanted to be drunk all the time…didn’t want to deal with the apparitions in a sober state I am guessing
Cedric: It would truely drive one to drink
Cedric: Lest he should go insane all together
Ivor: insane or not i think its time we returned to the port
Thalia: But why would the drunken man be having the same nightmares?
Thalia: If Hoyt had been here before, wouldn’t he have gone in himself?
Cedric: Perhaps we could find out more back in town.
Jocelyn: everyone add 6 gp and 20 sp to their sheet…I will take the remaing 5 gp and 14 sp
Jocelyn: that includes magnis
Thalia: Ready to set out?
[w] → Thalia: you hear a feint whipser in your mind
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: so, how many boats are we taking? just one ?
[w] → Thalia: No no, they would not let him near
Cedric: I think it best lest we tire trying to take more
Ivor: i dont think we have the manpower for more then one
[w] Thalia: I will try and focus on the whispers
[w] → Thalia: you are not sure if you really heard it or not
Jocelyn: I meant if we should tether one behind ours incase we get attacked and have a spare
[w] → Thalia: it was very soft, as if answering yoru question
Jocelyn: remember we won’t be having a mounted c’bow with us on our return trip
GM: There are 8 servicable heavy crossbows, and 80 bolts
Jocelyn: add them to the collection to be sold back in town…dump them gently into the boat
Thalia looks around to see if there is anything unuasual around
Cedric: I have prepared a spell that may help us though. It will help whoever I touch to endure this terrible heat. that may help us from getting worn out.
Jocelyn: we ready to head out…the sun isn’t getting and colder…at least we might get a slight breeze on the open water
Thalia: occ _one around in that sentance
GM: Magnis looks eager to be home
Ivor: sets myself up to row the boat after everyone is abord
Cedric: Lets push off
[w] Jocelyn: a question for later…are you allowing the character options from the advanced player’s guide now…I thought you said before you weren’t? no biggie but if you are there are some I might be interested in…you can think about it and let me know before next session
Cedric casts endure elements on Ivor
Thalia: … Alright, I’m ready
[w] → Jocelyn: this is somethign I will be considering
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: takes the forward spot for scout duty again on the way back
Ivor: heads off to the port
GM: magnis huddles down near the rear
Cedric takes the center spot
GM: What path to head back?
Thalia takes a seat in a spot to balance the load
Ivor: i would suggest we head east allong the coast of that large island
Jocelyn: not the way we came…I suggest due east and around the big island
Jocelyn: will draw it on the map
Cedric: I agree with Jocelyn
Thalia: That looks good.
Jocelyn: just my opinion…doesn’t mean we have to go that way
Cedric: That seems like a wise path to follow
GM: Ok
Ivor: and as we both have suggested it without protest it seems the best choice
Thalia: We should stick close to the shore though
Jocelyn: if we do that, we should try to keep land in sight at any time possible…just in case
Cedric: Outside of the range of poachers I hope
Jocelyn: that way is fine as well
GM: The afternoon continues on and Ivor heads east, within good sight of the shoreline to the north
Thalia: There’s just no telling what could be swimming in such deep water
GM: The boat glides along the water with each push of Ivors strong arms
Ivor: tie myself off to the boat
GM: hours pass
Jocelyn: keeps an eye on the sky, land and water…ever vigilant, checking each area for a few seconds before switching to another
[w] → Jocelyn: make a perception check
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20
13 = 33]
[w] Jocelyn: 2 if it is to notice traps
[w] → Jocelyn: your eagle eyes spot a small fire in teh distance on the edge of a small outcropping of shore. also though as you look back…you notice the top end of Ivors poling pole. It looks like the golden jester head
[w] → Jocelyn: it grins at you mockingly
[w] Jocelyn: so the polling pole appears to be our ‘friend’ the staff?
Cedric wipes the sweat from his face
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] Jocelyn: can you draw on the map with a dot where the fire is?
Cedric: How are you holding up Ivor?
Ivor: just fine
Jocelyn: ivor, stop polling and let go of it please
Ivor: i stop
[w] Jocelyn: thanks
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Ivor: and let go
[w] → Lukries: get ready
Jocelyn: everybody…our polling pole is that stupid staff from before
Cedric looks puzzled
Thalia: Are you joking?
GM: As everyone looks in alarm, the pole seems normal
Jocelyn: and there is a small camp fire in the distance
Ivor: its a stick …
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: now it appears normal
Jocelyn: points to the shoreline where I see the fire
[w] Jocelyn: ok
[w] → Jocelyn: was it the sun in your eyes?
Ivor: picks up continues rowing
Jocelyn: maybe I am hallucinating from the heat…sorry
Jocelyn: but the fire appears to still be there
Ivor: sit down and have a drink
[w] Thalia: I want to detect magic on the stick
Ivor: and someone double check that fire
Cedric: I say we stay clear of the shore unless we need to go there
GM: As you all approach a single man is there on the shore waving at you
Jocelyn: points where I just drew on the map
Ivor: this boat cant survive in the open water
Ivor: who is that?
[w] → Thalia: you may
Jocelyn: looks him over…armor, weapons, gear, anyting on the ground around him and the fire
[w] Lukries: how big is the boat
Thalia: Let me take a closer look at the rowing poll
Campaign saved.
Thalia: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
Ivor: fine…
[w] → Lukries: its a standard swamp boat…like yours however yours had been torn up by a swamp dragon…you barely escaped
[w] Jocelyn: what time of day/night is it when we see him waving?
[w] → Thalia: its just a stick of wood
[w] → Jocelyn: late afternoon
Jocelyn: why are you out here all by yourself?
Thalia: It’s just a poll as far as i can tell.
Ivor: what did you think it was?
[w] → Lukries: you were exploring
cedric (Cedric): are we close enough to him that we can talk to him?
[w] Jocelyn: does he have a boat on the shore, anything with him to make him look like a fisherman, anything out of the ordinary?
Lukries (curious): I am in a bit of a situation
[w] → Jocelyn: you can see wreckage of a single boat on shore near him
Jocelyn: his boat is wrecked
Lukries (curious): An unlikely story, may I have your name at the very least?
Thalia: Jocelyn said it was a staff that we had encountered before, and if it had been, that’d be very bad news.
Jocelyn: maybe he needs a ride…pull to shore so we can assess the situation
Thalia: It was cursed
Cedric: I’m not sure thats our problem
Jocelyn: yells to the man
Jocelyn: what happened to your boat ??
Lukries tries to yell, but his voice is mangled from a potion
Lukries sounds like he has water in his mouth
Cedric is reluctant to pick up any strangers or even go a shore for that matter
Ivor: stops the boat while they decide what to do with the hitchhiker
Jocelyn: his boat is wrecked…maybe the poachers did that…we outnumber him by alot…let’s check it out
Thalia: He doesn’t look like the paovhers
[w] Jocelyn: can he hear any of my questions/comments yet?
Lukries swallows the potion
[w] → Jocelyn: it looks like he does
[w] Jocelyn: did he answer as to what happened to his boat?
Lukries yells
Lukries (curious): EXCUSE ME!!!!
Campaign saved.
Ivor: yes?!
Lukries (curious): Can I be lent some assisstance?!
Ivor: turns to others
Ivor: your call..
Jocelyn: looks at Lukries to see what he is yelling about
Lukries (curious): I’m not a fan of screaming matches though, I’d prefer not to yell!
Cedric: is it that we have time for every strangers problems?
Cedric shakes his head
Jocelyn: it is late afternoon already…perhaps we could camp here and head out in the morning…we can decide by then whether to take him with us
Thalia: I think we should hear him out.
Ivor: fine
Lukries walks to the shoreline
Ivor: pulls into shore
Jocelyn: he seems to have a campfire set up already so we could just make camp here
GM: It is beginning to get dark
GM: as evening is setting in
[w] Jocelyn: Lukries jumps out of the boat and walks to the shore? did I read that right?
Thalia: (to Lukries) What are you doing all the way out here?
Cedric: Okay . your probably right.I guess if I was in his shoes I would hope for the same.
Lukries (curious): It’s a bit of a story actually
Lukries (curious): funny really
[w] Lukries: backstory for motivation gogo!
Lukries (curious): Care to join me, I do have a fire going and it does seem to be getting dark
Jocelyn: jumps out once we land and stretches my legs…never taking my eyes of the stranger
Lukries (curious): Personally, not sure about you but I hate sailing after hours
[w] → Lukries: well, you had heard of ruins near abouts…however the map you bought appeared to be a fake and you got lost
Thalia stands up and goes onto shore
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: ok, just figured it out…he is the guy on the shore…the way the chat was going it was messed up if someone was trying to follow along
cedric (Cedric): cedric is nice and he is also loyal to his friends but he is certainly not the kind of person who goes around looking for good deeds to do. lol
Lukries holds a hand out to help the ladies from the boat
[w] → Lukries: you were about to set upon shore when your boat was torn in half
Ivor: ya it looks like you will be having company this evening
[w] → Jocelyn: oh lol
Jocelyn: what happened to your boat ??????
ivor (Ivor): its nice to see a cleric not behaving like a paladin
GM: I bet he has a shiv under his shirt
Lukries (curious): Well, I lets not stand around at the shore
Jocelyn: who said that?
Lukries (curious): If ou have stopped I assume you don’t want to stand around
Lukries leads the party to his camp
Jocelyn: where else is there to go…we planned on camping here for the night and deciding whether to let you travel with us in the morning…depending on your story
Jocelyn: I have asked you three times now (this will be the fourth) as to what happened to your boat…you are not making a good impression so far
Lukries (curious): It was destroyed as I set upon shore
Thalia: How?
Jocelyn: destroyed by what?
Jocelyn: did you land here in a storm?
[w] Lukries: destroyed how?
[w] → Lukries: by a swamp dragon you believe
Lukries (curious): As far as I know, by a swamp dragon
Lukries (curious): It seemed rather hungry
Jocelyn: as far as you know?
Jocelyn: meaning you are just guessing and making names for things that attack you
[w] → Lukries: you did not get a good look at it, you were swimming for your life
Lukries (curious): It was definately draconian in nature
Jocelyn: so this dragon enjoys eating wood, but not you…interesting
Lukries (curious): All things considered, water does fuunny things to your eyes when you are swimming for your life
[w] Thalia: could I check if he’s lying?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: yes, you can inspect his boat
Jocelyn: and how long have you been here?
Cedric: Are you in need of healing?
Ivor: i think we should bring our boat up on shore….
Ivor: dose so
Thalia goes to inspect the man’s boat
Lukries (curious): I have potions to heal myself
Lukries (curious): I appreciate the offer
[w] → Thalia: make nature roll
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Nature (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20
15 = 29]
Cedric: So be it.
Jocelyn: so, where are you from and where were you headed ?
Lukries (curious): That i can answer more respectively
[w] → Thalia: you have not seen a swamp dragon in the flesh however by the bite pattern it is likely soemthing like a large reptile could have done this
Lukries (curious): I was given a map for some ruins on this island
Thalia returns to the group
Lukries (curious): Shame it was a fake
Jocelyn: we have all night…the more you tell us, the more we will be inclined to take you with us and not leave you here to play with your swamp dragon
Lukries (curious): I have been stranded for about 3 days now
[w] → Ivor: something Draws your attention away from the others
Cedric: Why are you seeking ruins?
Thalia: It looks like a large reptile did destroy the boat.
Jocelyn: so how do you know it is a fake?
Lukries (curious): I have about 3 days of trail rations left and no boat to return to Kith’takharos
Jocelyn: have you explored this whole island?
Ivor: excuse me one second…
Lukries (curious): Not the whole unfortunately
[w] Ivor: i examine what it is
Cedric: Are you some kind of treasure hunter?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Jocelyn: ok, how did you come across the map ?
Lukries (curious): I trecked up the forest to find the ruins, which did not exist
[w] → Ivor: you head inland several yards and it is thick like the islanbd before
Jocelyn: may I see the map?
[w] → Ivor: You hear a whisper….“Over here”
Lukries withdraws the map
Cedric: Who in their right mind would set out alone in this god forsaken swamp to explore ruins?
[w] Ivor: draw my sword and follow the voices
Lukries (curious): Either I have a poor sence of direction, or the map is fake, I’d like to think the latter
[w] Jocelyn: looks it over…not sure if I can, but tries to see if it is a forgery or any writings on it that might give some clues about it
[w] → Ivor: you are led into a very small clearing
Jocelyn: let me look it over for a minute
Campaign saved.
Lukries rolls it out over some dry land
[w] → Jocelyn: it looks like a pretty good forgery but a few things stand out to someone as skilled
[w] Jocelyn: what things?
Lukries (curious): I believe this point in the middle of the isle is the ruin, which remains unknown to me
[w] Ivor: i look around the clearing for anything that could have led me here
[w] Jocelyn: landmarks in wrong places, etc.?
[w] → Ivor: you see a lizardman upon the ground befor eyou
[w] → Jocelyn: exactly
Jocelyn: again I ask you…how did you come across this map?
Lukries (curious): The dealer in question didn’t have too much info, but the map was cheap and I was bored
Jocelyn: this is a fake
[w] Ivor: a body or a living
Jocelyn: it was forged…these landmarks are wrong
Lukries (curious): I figured as much
Jocelyn: points to the forged mistakes on the map
Lukries Sighs
[w] → Ivor: he is in obvious signs of distress…hs cluthches his midsection and you can see much blood and gore around him
[w] → Ivor: “The sleepers must awaken”
Jocelyn: so you bought this map from a vendor in kith’takharos?
Lukries (curious): Indeed
Cedric takes a seat by the fire and warms some rations while the others discuss the map.
[w] → Ivor: it says to you in a strange gutteral growl
Jocelyn: you didn’t think it was strange that a vendor was openly selling “treasure” maps ??
[w] Lukries: description of the seller for future reference?
Lukries (curious): It wasn’t him, I tend to buy maps and explore
[w] Ivor: who are the sleepers?
Lukries (curious): I’m not one who likes to sit around
[w] → Lukries: he was average height, build, had dark hair and eyes
Cedric shakes his head as he listens to the conversation.
Lukries (curious): despite my current situation
[w] → Ivor: you do not know
Jocelyn: still, “treasure” maps aren’t just sold on the open market
Lukries (curious): I met the man in a bar, maybe you know of his description?
[w] → Ivor: something catches yoru attention to the left in the bushes
Lukries (curious): It only costed me a few silver, I didn’t complain
Jocelyn: I think you get my vote to come back with us…just so you can point out this man to me…I would love to talk to him
[w] Ivor: what is it?
Lukries (curious): He was a rather average height man, medium build, dark hair, dark eyes
[w] → Ivor: you see a shimmer then it is gone
Lukries (curious): Not much to go off of unfortunately
[w] → Ivor: as you turn back to the lizardman, he is no longer there
Jocelyn: so, we have three options now…one, try to find these ruins, if they exist on this island…two, go back with our new friend…three, go back without our new friend
Campaign saved.
[w] Ivor: i head back to camp cursing fairy folk
[w] → Ivor: wait
Lukries (curious): I’d at least like to know the names of my current aquaintences
Thalia: I think we need to make returning to Kith’takharos a priority
Jocelyn: My name is Jocelyn
Cedric: If the map is fake why should we venture into the jungle againg.
Jocelyn: the others can introduce themselves if they wish to give up their names
[w] → Ivor: ‘over here"
Lukries (curious): The priest has a point
[w] → Ivor: you hear once more
Thalia: I’m Thalia, but you haven’t given us your name yet either.
[w] Ivor: i follow cautiously
Jocelyn: I never said I wanted to venture anywhere…was just pointing out our three options
Cedric: /e finishing his meal stand and says
Lukries to thalia
Cedric: I am Cedric Luering
Lukries (curious): Of course, I have been rather rude
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Lukries (curious): My name is Lukries
Lukries (curious): Lukries Xael’non
[w] → Ivor: a lizardman stands before you, he holds a large, black spear at your chest
[w] Ivor: did you call me here?
[w] Lukries: May I have a description of the current people in front of me?
[w] → Ivor: "I am of the blood scar, and you stand upon sacred ground…
[w] Ivor: i will leave if you wish but voices called me to this palce
[w] → Ivor: It presses his spear into your chest before you can react
Jocelyn: well, it appears we are heading back to kith;takharos in the morning…the others will vote on whether to bring you along or not
Lukries (curious): Now that you know my rather awkward story, why are you out on the sea’s so late in the afternoon?
Cedric: Okay so we have a stranded treasure hunter a fake map and a dragon lurking about. What do you suppose our next step would be?
Jocelyn: we are doing business for the jade leaf
[w] → Ivor: its point pierces through and exits out of your back….its black tip shines with your blood upon it
Campaign saved.
[w] Lukries: knowledge check on the jade leaf?
Cedric: Then I say we conclude that buisness before we accept any more
Jocelyn: our next step would be to survive the night and head out in the morning…the only thing left to decide is whether to bring Lukries along
Lukries: [1d20 = 10]
Cedric: he seems harmless enough
Jocelyn: ok, so what is our watch order tonight?
[w] Ivor: the sleepers must awaken (probably collapses that would kill a normal man)
Cedric: Lets take him back to Kith;takharos with us
[w] → Jocelyn: this is when you do not see Ivor
Thalia: I think we should do our usual order
Jocelyn: everybody take a 2 hour watch, that way we all get 8 hours and the spellcasters get their spells back
[w] → Ivor: it turns the spear roughly then steps back, removing it
Lukries (curious): I need to browse over these spells, which were unfortunately interrupted
[w] Jocelyn: goes to our boat to see if the polling poll is gone?
Lukries (curious): I require time to study
[w] → Ivor: you see your blood spills from teh wound and darkness takes you
[w] → Jocelyn: its all still there
Thalia: You can join someone else on their watch.
Jocelyn: we have a problem
Thalia: What is it?
Jocelyn: Ivor is missing
[w] → Ivor: you will die leaning over a small tree, still standing
Cedric: Where did he go?
Lukries (curious): ivor?
Jocelyn: the polling pole is still there from our boat along with everything else
Thalia: The young human man.
Jocelyn: no idea
Lukries (curious): Now I do feel responsible
Jocelyn: Lukries, what have you found during your exploration of this island so far?
Jocelyn: any buildings, or caves nearby?
[w] → Lukries: you have never left the shoreline
[w] Ivor: srry thought i was unconsiouse “darkness takes you” ill try to crawl back to camp and if i am about to die i want to write the sleepers must awaken in blood on nearest serface
Lukries (curious): I haven’t explored that far in, as you can see, the ruins were drawn out near the shoreline
[w] → Ivor: you can write that into the soill with your sword
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Jocelyn: ok, but you have explored for three days, so I was asking what you have found during that time?
[w] → Ivor: if you crawl back you can be healed
Lukries (curious): All I have found are destroyed herbs left from the wildlife for my potions
Campaign saved.
Thalia: Has anyone seen him since we got off the boat?
Jocelyn: no
[w] Ivor: i am not sure i almost want to kill him and avoid the whole trying to unbreak him your opinion?
Lukries (curious): I don’t know of any landmarks, no
Thalia: Are you sure it was animals that destroyed the plants?
Cedric looks around trying to spot Ivor
Lukries (curious): They had teeth marks, yes
Cedric: I knew this was a bad idea
[w] → Ivor: you can easily make another character….i am not sure im going to allowe advanced characters
Lukries (curious): I assume most humans wouldn’t go eating illegal herbs yes?
Jocelyn: I do remember him being here when we landed…but then he excused himself and never came back
Thalia: Hoyk had teleported away, what if he was on our boat?
[w] Ivor: well if i make a new character hes going to be an archer and if theres anything from the new book on that ill run it by you k?
[w] → Ivor: sounds good
Lukries cast detect magic
[w] → Lukries: you see magic here and there amongst the people around you
[w] Ivor: ok then dying messege to them :) creep em out good
Jocelyn: well, we either go looking for him or set up a watch and hope he comes back on his own
[w] Lukries: any trails of magic left over?
[w] → Lukries: not that you can see clearly
[w] Ivor: not all adv guide is broken but ill be more mindfull
Cedric: I think we should stya put and rest
Cedric: At least wait till daylight
Lukries (curious): Seperating would just cause more of you to be lost yes?
Jocelyn: yes, only way we could search is all together since Lukries is the only one that barely knows the immediate surrounding area
[w] → Cedric: in your mind you hear…“But what if he is injured?”
Thalia: Splitting up at this point would be a terrible idea anyway.
Jocelyn: ok, so we still take 2 hour shifts (including magnis) so all the spellcasters get their spells back and we all get 8 hours of sleep
Lukries (curious): I highly suggest if you have any sort of manufactured alarms, or spells available, that you ward around us
Campaign saved.
Cedric: I guess I may be acting selfish. he may be injured and after all he is our friend
Lukries (curious): I’d like for more of you not to disappear into the night
Jocelyn: we can search until it is too dark if you want…anyone have a clue where his tracks lead off ?
Cedric: we need to find Ivor soemthing tells me he needs our help
GM: who is left with nature lore or survival?
Lukries (curious): Do any of you specialize in tracking?
Lukries I have know: nature
Thalia (Thalia): I have nature but not survival
Jocelyn: I do not
[w] → Thalia: well, he did nto try to hide hsi tracks, they are not hard to find
Thalia: I will start looking in the imidiate area
Lukries (curious): You said he was a human yes?
Thalia: Yes
Thalia: He won’t be able to see well much longer
Cedric: Lets stya together
[w] → Thalia: not long after you begin you find his large, boot marks…they are headed iinland
Thalia: I found some bootprints
[w] Jocelyn: goes back to our boat to see if his backpack is still there with ours
[w] → Jocelyn: it is
Thalia: He’s headed inland
Jocelyn: he didn’t plan on leaving for good it looks like…at least not on his own…his backpack is still in our boat
Thalia draws her dagger and casts Light upon it.
[w] → Jocelyn: it was like you remember he just excused himself to use the bathroom
[w] Jocelyn: looks through his backpack to see if anything ‘strange’ is in there that might give us a clue
[w] → Jocelyn: nothing
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Jocelyn: well, let’s try to follow those boot prints as far as we can
Lukries (curious): Care if I join you on this one? I understand I am a stranger and you have no rason to trust me, yet I feel responsible
Campaign saved.
Lukries (curious): reason*
GM: After a few minutes of moving through the thick brush as the other island you see him
Jocelyn: yes, and you might know what something is we come across to help us
Lukries (curious): Is that him?
Jocelyn: Ivor !!!!!!!!!!!
Jocelyn: what are you doing ??
Cedric: are you okay?
Jocelyn: heads over to him
GM: He is facing the opposite direction and he appears to be hunched over as if ill
Lukries (curious): I shall assume that is a yes
Jocelyn: Cedric, perhaps you should take it from here
GM: his left arm has gripped a small tree to keep him upright
Jocelyn: he appears quite ill
Cedric: Ivor whats wrong?
Jocelyn: and he is either too weak to talk or unable to talk
Cedric: can you speak?
[w] Lukries: knowledge nature to find the reson for his illness?
Cedric examines Ivor
Lukries: [1d12 = 6]
GM: As you all move up toward him, cedric you notice a vast amount of vblood around his body and as you move to fac ehim it is then you see a large wound in his chest
Lukries: [1d12 = 6]
[w] → Lukries: you do not know
[w] Jocelyn: I lift his face to look in his eyes
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: he is dead
Jocelyn: he is dead
Lukries (curious): Oh my…
[w] Jocelyn: try to see what might have caused the wound
[w] → Jocelyn: you notice his sword iin his hand and he has made marks in the soil near his feet
Thalia looks shocked
Jocelyn: don’t move anyone
Cedric lays Ivor down and grabs a healing kit
Jocelyn: kneels down and examines the marks in the ground
Lukries (curious): Looks like first a story, then a burial…
Lukries (curious): This is not my night indeed
[w] → Jocelyn: In the soil, scribbled awkwardly, “The sleepers mu…”
Jocelyn: do you all see that ?
Jocelyn: the words he tried to write in the ground “the sleepers mu…”
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: I would think he was trying to say the sleepers murdered him
Thalia: That’s what the apperitions in the temple were talking about
Lukries (curious): Sleepers?
Jocelyn: your apparations seem to have a long reach, Thalia
GM: Suddenly the hairs upon your necks stand up..in a soft whisper, as if many voices, speaking softly, “Over here…”
Lukries (curious): How curious indeed. I am to assume more than I took you for
GM: “over here” to your left, “over here” to yoru right
Jocelyn: I sheath his sword and ask Cedric and Lukries to help me carry him back to the camp
Lukries (curious): Do you not hear that?
Cedric grabs his arm to carry him
Jocelyn: looks around to see what is saying that
Thalia: We need to leave
GM: Then as you listen intently, all is silent once more
Lukries (curious): I think u may be right
Cedric: I agree this is not good lets go
Jocelyn: ok, do we dare risk traveling by boat at night?
Lukries grabs ivors other arm
Thalia: I can cast light, Magnis can cast light. I assume Lukries can as well.
Lukries (curious): Ugh, my body wasn’t made to carry
Jocelyn: ok, we carry him back to camp, dig a grave, let Cedric say some kind words, then pack up and head out immediately
Lukries grrunts heavily
GM: Magnis begins casting light on different things
Cedric: lets get this done and get out of here
GM: Eventually, most everyone has a light source and light is all around you
[w] Jocelyn: I dig as fast as I can if there are any shovels in any of the gear
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: there are a few spades
Thalia keeps a sharp look out as we bury Ivor
[w] Jocelyn: also, as they are doing the light thing, I check Ivor’s body for anything of value…not sure if he got a halloween magic item or not
Campaign saved.
Lukries (curious): So… what was that? i think it is yourturn to tell a story
[w] Jocelyn: will try to pocket anything small enough without anyone else noticing…if they are all doing the light casting thing
[w] → Jocelyn: only his keen sword
Cedric: Should we bury him or cast him into the swamp?
Jocelyn: we will bury him since I have been digging this hole for awhile now
Cedric grabs his holy symbol and says:
[w] Jocelyn: it wasn’t magical was it…not sure if it ever glowed during any of the detect magics that were cast..
Lukries (curious): I’d be careful priest
Lukries (curious): His god may not be your god
Cedric: Into this world we come out of this world we go our true faye only thr gods do know
[w] → Jocelyn: it might have however, when magic was cast, it picked up everyone’s magic, where his was out of range
[w] Jocelyn: it was a falchion, right?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
Cedric: may he find eternal rest
[w] Jocelyn: ok, too big to pocket, but will still keep it and not bury him with it
Jocelyn: he is with rungor now

Adventure Log 14

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega