Adventure Log 15

GM: You are met by a jade Leaf patrol as you drew nearer to Kith’takharos
GM: Seeing the state of your boat and of you all they decided to escort you into the compound themselves
Jocelyn: walks haggardly along…anticipating my bed back at the transient guild
GM: You are brought right in and a jade leaf scout leaped up onto the dock to receive you. With his foot he padded the side of your boat as it glided in alongside the dock
GM: It is mid-day and you are all hungry, thirsty and…very smelly
GM: As you exit the boat you are barely noticed among the hustle and bustle of the men and women at work around you
Campaign saved.
GM: Boats are being unloaded and loaded. Boats are being mended and in the distance Jade leaf hunters are training
[w] Jocelyn: eventhough I am exhausted, I still check the people around me to see if anyone has anything I find worthy of trying to steal (small enough to hide)
[w] > Jocelyn: unlike the general populous of Kith’takharos…more than once you were met with keen eyes as they drifted briefly over you…do you wish to look further? you see a mark or two
Jocelyn: let’s get this over with…I need a good meal and a bath after that trip
GM: The scout awaits patiently as you exit
[w] Jocelyn: so we are in the jade leaf compound? not the market area on our way to their compound?
GM: Other help by offering to carry bundles and bodies
[w] → Jocelyn: yes, you were brought in by the water gate to the compound
[w] Jocelyn: oh…what do I see that would be worth attempting to steal from any marks? jewelry? coin purses? something else?
GM: Two men take ivor’s body and another takes the large bundle of things found
Jocelyn: grabs a handful of supplies and follows along
[w] → Jocelyn: a woman is nearby, an elf. She is finely clothed with a look of impatience about her
[w] → Jocelyn: she is dressed in fineries of all sort
[w] Jocelyn: only on hand is carrying stuff, leaving my other free to wander
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: ok, I will attempt to grab something as I walk by…will stumble and bump if necessary, blaming it on the person in front of me, etc. to distract from the attempt of theft
GM: A
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, make a roll
[w] Jocelyn: any mods? + or – ?
[w] → Jocelyn: nothing you would know of
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Sleight of Hand [MOD:DEX] [1d20+15 = 35]
[w] Jocelyn: nice
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
[w] → Jocelyn: make perception roll
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 31]
[w] Jocelyn: +2 to that if it is to detect traps
[w] → Jocelyn: as you bumped into her you feel confident at removing a gem encrusted buckle
[w] Bothari: btw last time you said i could start with 100gp same here?
[w] → Bothari: yes
[w] Jocelyn: I pocket it immediately…will check it out later
[w] → Jocelyn: ok
[w] Jocelyn: sorry to drag this out, but as a rogue, I enjoy doing these things
[w] → Jocelyn: the women grtabbed onto you briefly as you seemed to genuinely surprise her
Jocelyn: my apologies, ma’am…I hope I didn’t startle you
GM: The group is led into the compound and striaght into Dorians offices
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we are weary from our trip, I do hope I didn’t ruin your day
Jocelyn: finds a seat and sits down
GM: The woman looked at you in surprise…however as you left her you caught a brief smirk upon her face
GM: She did not give you a second glance appearing to be focused upon the happenings of the men loading a boat she is standing near
[w] Jocelyn: I check my valuables (coin purse), etc. to see if she took anything
[w] → Jocelyn: it appears to be missing
[w] → Jocelyn: i rolled a nat 20 as well
[w] Jocelyn: I guess so…only way to offset it
[w] → Jocelyn: she failed in her perception though
[w] Jocelyn: well I hope the buckle is worth more then my coins
[w] → Jocelyn: do you have appraisal?
[w] Jocelyn: will erase my coins now while you do your npc stuff
[w] Jocelyn: just +4
GM: Dorian stands as you enter
Dorian Orsova: Come in come in
Jocelyn: nods
Dorian Orsova: I was beginning to wonder about you
Jocelyn: these trips are becoming more and more dangerous
Jocelyn: we lost people on this one
GM: If Dorian’s face could be harder you would not guess it possible
Dorian Orsova: I’ve heard
Dorian Orsova: The swamps are a dangerous place
Jocelyn: and the poacher named Hoyt keeps harassing us
GM: Dorian’s gaze stops on Jocelyn for a mooment before nodding
Jocelyn: once again he ran away like a coward, leaving his entire crew to die at our hands…that would be twice now that has happened
Campaign saved.
Dorian Orsova: Hoyt has been a thorn in my side for quite sometime
Dorian Orsova: but I have not heard much of him until you all began poking around the swamps
Jocelyn: he teleported away this time…coward
Dorian Orsova: If he is looking into your exploits then something must be happening
Jocelyn: we can deal with that later…he is your stuff, the bodies of the two dead harvesters and whatever they found before meeting their maker
Jocelyn: here is your
Dorian Orsova: One of my men said he saw scolls and the like…may I assume you discovered something more than my men?
Dorian Orsova: *scrolls
Jocelyn: yes, feel free to go through everything we brought back
Jocelyn: am sorry for the loss of your harvesters…we didn’t get there in time
Dorian Orsova: Here, we pay for such things..Yavanna would dearly like to see what you’ve found…for that i’ll pay double your fee
Dorian Orsova: As for my men, they were all good lads
[w] Jocelyn: thalia is earning some nice rp experience tonight…she hasn’t said a word on here since we began
Dorian Orsova: They did their duty
[w] → Jocelyn: i know 8
/
Jocelyn: yes, as you said…the swamps are a rough place
Thalia: One more thing, we also brought back a sample of the poison from the creatures that killed the harvesters
Dorian Orsova: May i ask how they died?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: do you need us to go through everything with you, or do you wish to sift through everything at your leisure?
Jocelyn: a living tree/plant creatures that was hanging from the top of the cave
Dorian Orsova: Hmm…sounds like F’lunin
Dorian Orsova: a big one or two perhaps?
Jocelyn: we were attacked as well…it tried to strangle a few of us and managed to poison one of our comrades
Thalia: There were two, but they seemed strange
Dorian Orsova: Everything is strange in these swamps miss Thalia
Jocelyn: perhaps some sort of mutation
Thalia: By which I meant different from their usual.
GM: Dorian sighs heavily, tapping his chin in thought for a mment
[w] Bothari: done my char
Dorian Orsova: I will take all that you’ve found and i’ll offer double your fee in return
GM: Dorian hands Thalia, a rather bristling purse of coins
Thalia picks it up
Jocelyn: gets up and walks outside
Thalia: Thank you
[w] Jocelyn: I look for the woman from before
Thalia leaves after Jocelyn
[w] → Jocelyn: her and her boat are gone
Jocelyn: heads towards the transient guild
[w] → Bothari: ok
Jocelyn: we should divide our fee by four…you, me, magnis and we will use ivor’s share to pay for a proper burial
Campaign saved.
Thalia: What should we pay the cleric?
Jocelyn: what cleric?
GM: Cedric raises an eyebrow
Thalia: Cedric?
Jocelyn: oh, forgot he was there as well
Jocelyn: sorry, too many people not here tonight
Jocelyn: divide by 5 then
GM: You were given 1600gp
Jocelyn: well, we can each take 400 (the living ones) and then we can pay for ivor’s funeral together…my suggestion
Thalia: That works for me.
GM: The funeral won’t take more than 100gp
Jocelyn: ok, so 25 gp ea will cover that
Jocelyn: so add 375 gp to your sheet
‘Jocelyn’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Jocelyn’ reconnected
Jocelyn: we back?
Campaign saved.
Thalia (Thalia): what do you mean?
Jocelyn: we lost connection and reconnected on here
GM: It takes about 1/2 hour to walk to the guild compound
Jocelyn: at least I did…thought everyone did
Jocelyn: it will be nice to sleep in a bed tonight
[w] → Bothari: ok here is where I will bring you in…you will be known to a man named Meryl Dunestal
Thalia: I can’t wait to get clean personally
[w] Jocelyn: I check for any more ‘marks’ along the way back to the guild…assuming we go thru the marketplace
Jocelyn: true, a bath, a good, warm meal and a comfortable sleep will be welcomed for sure
[w] → Jocelyn: you find some but as you atry to get close to someone they shy away…perhaps its the smell?
[w] Bothari: ok so meryl knows of me
[w] → Bothari: you have a room at the transient guild
[w] Jocelyn: will come back after I clean up…still need to try and find a black market in this village (if there is one)
[w] Bothari: ok
[w] → Jocelyn: you believe that that might prove difficult out here
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: I know…you told me before I would get one chance per day…was trying to find someone I could sell my ‘plants’ I came across without attracting the wrong type of attention
[w] → Jocelyn: yes but its not a big chance
[w] Jocelyn: I know
[w] Jocelyn: once back in my room, I take my time getting cleaned up (a bath, if possible), rest up and have an early dinner in the common room, then head outside to see what is going on there
GM: after a short rest, a gallon of water, a nice, soothing bath and a meal you didn’t have to unwrap from a cube of oiled cloth, you feel right again
[w] Jocelyn: want an appraisal check for the buckle?
GM: In the common room a man eats there, someone you have not seen before
[w] Jocelyn: how is he dressed? armed?
[w] → Jocelyn: he has nicely crafted leathers and a bow you would sdwear is magical
[w] → Jocelyn: you gather its worth a pretty penny
[w] Jocelyn: race? human?
[w] → Bothari: in the common room you notice a woman looking you over
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: he is human
[w] Jocelyn: is he sitting alone at a table while eating?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] Jocelyn: sits at a nearby table
Jocelyn: well met, stranger…what brings you to the transient guild this evening?
[w] → Bothari: she got up where she was sitting and took another table…a bit closer to you and much nearer to your bow that is leaning up against your table
Bothari: well i live just outside of town
Bothari: we dont get maney visitors around here though
Jocelyn: we just came from ‘outside’ of town
Bothari: at least not friendly ones
Jocelyn: we aren’t visitors
Bothari: and what were you doing out in the wilds?
Jocelyn: we have been here for quite awhile
Jocelyn: being lackeys for the jade leaf
Jocelyn: doing their legwork
Bothari: ah then we have that in common
[w] Bothari: can i do a sense motive (i know there telling the truth out of char but not in char)
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Bothari: im a hunter of sorts
[w] → Bothari: meryl is not part of the jade leaf
[w] → Bothari: you have ranks in it?
Jocelyn: the prices are going to have to start increasing exponentially from this point forward if they want me to continue…we lost a member of our party on our last trip
[w] Bothari: ya i hunt poachers need to be able to interview them not class skill though
Jocelyn: are you on a current ‘mission’ for them now?
Bothari: no i brought back my bounty a few nights ago
Jocelyn: we just got back a few hours ago ourselves, so will enjoy some downtime
[w] → Bothari: you work for the transient guild
Thalia listens closey to the conversation
Thalia closely
Jocelyn: ever run into “Hoyt the Coward” ?
Campaign saved.
[w] Bothari: i put it in my background that i work for jade leaf hunting poachers… but we can change that if you want
[w] → Bothari: oh, well that will be fine then
[w] → Bothari: hoyt, you have met him before
Bothari: yes
Bothari: hes a slippery one
Jocelyn: am sorry to hear that
[w] → Bothari: he used to be connected to the jade leaf
[w] Bothari: do i know how or just that there is a connection?
[w] → Bothari: you know that he and Dorian had a major falling out
Jocelyn: I look forward to snapping his neck slowly
[w] → Bothari: he used to be a harvester
Bothari: yes im sure you and dorian are in the same boat on that one
Jocelyn: so you go out into the wilderness alone for the leaf, or do you belong to a group as well?
Bothari: ive been going alone for a while now
[w] → Bothari: you can tell her that you have seen them before
Jocelyn: I see…well, it was nice meeting a fellow employee of the leaf…enjoy your dinner
[w] → Bothari: you followed them for a time while looking for poachers
Bothari: though i do remember seeing your group out in the wilds
Bothari: i followed you hoping to find poachers
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: after I finish my meal, I head back to my room and grab stuff I want to sell…the necklace with the green gem I stole before, Ivor’s shortsword, the buckle and the 12 pieces of sliver flatware
Thalia: We do have a knack for finding lots of poachers
Jocelyn: so why didn’t you ever get close enough to introduce yourself…or help us when we did find poachers ??
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, you must roll a 10 on a d10 to find a fence
[w] → Jocelyn: anytime you are in town, you may check for this
[w] Jocelyn: all that stuff needs a fence? can’t just be sold to a vendor??
Jocelyn: [1d10 = 7]
[w] Jocelyn: no fence
Bothari: well to anser your first question i dont often introduce myself to strangers in the swamps because for all i knew you were poachers yourselves and secondly during the time i followed you your trip was un eventfull
[w] → Jocelyn: possibly but you have no idea where people bought their stuff, you run the risk fo someone recognizing something you try to sell
Bothari: apperently i made the wrong call though
Jocelyn: our trips have been very eventful, unfortunately…we lost a good man this last time
[w] Jocelyn: true
Bothari: im sorry to hear that
Jocelyn: well, you have a good rest of the evening
Bothari: wait
Jocelyn: gets up and heads back to my room
Jocelyn: what?
Bothari: if you are looking for someone to help you take on hoyt i would be happy to offer my services
Bothari: just think about it while you rest
Jocelyn: right now I am looking for a peaceful few days…but will keep you in mind if we go back out there
Jocelyn: where are you staying? here at the guild ?
Bothari: yes i have no perminent residence within the port
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: very well, then I am sure Magnis and Cedric will keep you informed as to our plans since they will also be in the men’s wing
[w] → Bothari: what language do you want? You can select swamp man if you wish
Bothari: good to know my name is Bothari Vorpatrell if you decide to find me
[w] Jocelyn: heads outside and when I don’t find the fence, I still look for people to steal from…always looking to make money
Jocelyn: am sure we will see you here around meal time…be safe
[w] Bothari: elven was raised by elvish druid so figure i should
Jocelyn: leaves
[w] → Jocelyn: as you do a couple of toughs corner you and attempt to touch your’’’goods so to speak
[w] → Bothari: ok, elvish it is
[w] Jocelyn: will knee one of them in the groin if possible and elbow the other across the jaw…
[w] → Jocelyn: ok just make 3 attack rolls
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack [1d20+7 = 12]
Jocelyn: w/ gm no flurry I take it? regular?
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack [1d20+7 = 10]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack [1d20+7 = 23]
[w] → Jocelyn: you can use flurry
Thalia gets up to go back to her room
[w] Jocelyn: ok, will redo then…sorry
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 11]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 27]
Thalia: It was nice to meet you.
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 18]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 23]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 14]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 11]
[w] Bothari: not sure if you read my backstory but i aslso took proffesion cartographer cause i make maps of where i travel
[w] Jocelyn: am glad I have the gloves on with those 1s
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: you take out one of them but as you funblled one gets you into a precarious position
[w] → Jocelyn: whats your cmd?
[w] Jocelyn: is anyone else around watching?
[w] Jocelyn: 29
[w] → Jocelyn: wow, how so high?
[w] Jocelyn: monk’s get wis bonus to ac and CMD
[w] Jocelyn: you can check my sheet…I can’t control the calculations…if it is wrong, we can try to fix it
[w] Bothari: dont suppose i can perseption all this combat
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, 2 more attack rolls
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 24]
[w] → Bothari: nope
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 23]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 17]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 21]
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, you sufficiently put them in their place
[w] Jocelyn: is anyone around watching?
[w] → Jocelyn: you all attracted a few on-lookers but when you defeated them they all dispersed
[w] Jocelyn: I search them thoroughly for anything and everything…don’t take clothes but you know what i mean
[w] → Jocelyn: you find a few silvers, 16
[w] Jocelyn: no guards around?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: not where you were just then it appears
[w] Jocelyn: ok, so I let they lay there…
[w] Jocelyn: them
[w] Jocelyn: anything else of interest happen for the next few hours out on the streets?
[w] Jocelyn: don’t want to hold up the game but just checking
[w] → Jocelyn: not in Kith’takharos
[w] Jocelyn: ok, heads back to my room
GM: Alright you all get a great nights sleep, in a BED!
Jocelyn: cleans up, gets dressed and heads down for a nice breakfast
GM: When you awake you notice clean, cool water to wash up with, soap scented with jasmine and clean towels
Bothari: sitting at a table touching up a map of my most recent work
Jocelyn: orders a nice big, breakfast and takes my time enjoying it
[w] Jocelyn: listens to any gossip from any of the other patrons in the common room at this time
[w] → Jocelyn: make a perception roll
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 18]
Campaign saved.
Thalia washes up and packs extra items she intends to sell today, before heading for breakfast
[w] → Jocelyn: you overhear a waitress complaining to a patron of having a very bad dream and waking up with a terrible headache
[w] Jocelyn: is she my waitress as well or a different one?
GM: when you come down the fare seems to be a bit nicer than you would have thought
[w] → Jocelyn: a different one
[w] Jocelyn: will call her over when she doesn’t look too busy
[w] → Jocelyn: eventually you catch her eye and she comes over
[w] Jocelyn: asks her when her next break is?
[w] Jocelyn: tells her I want to talk to her but don’t want her to get in trouble
GM: She eyes you strangely
Waitress: Um….I’m not that kind of girl
[w] Jocelyn: tells her I had a bad dream last night as well, and wanted to hear about hers
Jocelyn: ok, whatever
Jocelyn: don’t care about that
GM: She gives you a snooty look as she saunters off
Campaign saved.
Bothari: smirks in background
GM: You notice Cedric and the wizard did not appear to make it down to the common room
[w] Jocelyn: walks up to the bartender (or whoever is in charge) and tells him/her that one of the waitresses was extremely rude to me…points to the one I talked to and says ‘she tried to proposition me and when I said ’no’ she gave me a dirty look’
[w] Jocelyn: tells whoever is in charge “I like to enjoy my meals without issues like that…I hope you take care of the problem so it doesn’t happen again”
[w] → Jocelyn: give me a bluff roll
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Bluff [MOD:CHA] [1d20-1 = 3]
[w] → Jocelyn: the bartender assures you it wont happen again but you notice as you leave he gives you a sidelong glance
[w] Jocelyn: ok
[w] Jocelyn: heads into the marketplace after breakfast
GM: Before you leave the common room a transient guild guard appears…he steps up to you rtable
Jocelyn: whose table?
Bothari (Bothari): mine or theres
GM: Looking at Thalia he says
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: am sure we are all sitting by ourselves since it wasn’t stated otherwise and we all cam down at different times
Guard: Miss, Meryl would like to have a word with you and your companion
Guard: He is waiting for you in his private dining room
Jocelyn: let’s go see what he wants
Jocelyn: heads that way
Thalia: Alright.
Jocelyn: knocks on the door
GM: He steps away but before he leaves he sees Bothari
Guard: You to ranger
GM: though less cordial
Bothari: i do have a name….
Bothari: gets up slowly and goes where indicated
GM: The guard just rolls his eyes before departing to go about his duties
GM: Other guards stationed through the compound direct you to the dining hall
Jocelyn: glances at Bothari as we approach the door and says…
Jocelyn: nice getting slighted, isn’t it?
Bothari: true but this way i can charge more
Jocelyn: like i said last night, we are just fodder for the bigwigs to use for their bidding
Jocelyn: knocks on the door if it is closed or walks in if open
Bothari: to be fare i would be doing my job for the jade leaf eaven if i werent getting paid just dont tell them that
GM: It is open
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: walks in and looks around
GM: There is no food upon the table but there are 2 cold pitchers of water
GM: and glasses
Jocelyn: sits down and waits for Meryl
Thalia walks into the room as well
Bothari: only two
Bothari: glasses?
Jocelyn: two pitchers, not glasses
Bothari: k just wondering if this was another slight against me
GM: Yes, there is actually colored glass formed to make a liquid conveyance
Bothari: sits down
Jocelyn: these people don’t know what the word ‘downtime’ means
Thalia takes a seat if there is one open
Jocelyn: am sure he will want to send us right back out into that miserable swamp again
Bothari: its not so bad once you get used to the heat the monsters and the desieses
GM: Meryl steps lightly into the room. Carefully he sets down a large box upon the end of the table furthest form you
Jocelyn: what if you don’t want to get used to the heat, monsters or diseases?
Meryl Dunestal: hello hello, I trust you had a good nights sleep?
Jocelyn: yes, thank you for asking
Bothari: nods
Meryl Dunestal: I am beside myself with grief over Ivor
Jocelyn: what can we do for you today, Meryl?
GM: he gives Thalia a saddened look
Jocelyn: yes, it was unfortunate…these trips into the swamp are becoming more and more dangerous
Campaign saved.
Meryl Dunestal: The jade leaf would have you believe that the danger is only for those unwary folks who wander where they do nto belong
Meryl Dunestal: The danger…is always there
Jocelyn: well, I guess we went somewhere we didn’t belong for Ivor to die the way he did
Jocelyn: next time we don’t stop to pick up stranded people
Meryl Dunestal: he will be remembered
Jocelyn: so, what can we do for you today?
Meryl Dunestal: Now…since you are still here I can assume you need work?
[w] Jocelyn: just a reminder, I am not being an asshole or insensitive (maybe a little)…am playing my alignment
Meryl Dunestal: I may have something for you if this is true
Jocelyn: back into the swamp ?
[w] → Jocelyn: im fine with it
Meryl Dunestal: Unless you have another line of work you are so skilled?
Jocelyn: what would you have us do this time ??
GM: He speaks in a softer tone
Meryl Dunestal: One of my men discovered something very interesting
Jocelyn: please, fill us in
Bothari: and what would that be
Meryl Dunestal: If you would but brave the swamp once more I would make it worth your while to gather something for me
Campaign saved.
GM: he looks at each of you in turn
Jocelyn: ok, so where do we need to go and what would we be gathering?
Meryl Dunestal: Not far from here there is a cave.
Meryl Dunestal: a place untouched by anyone here
Jocelyn: and what is it you want from this cave?
Meryl Dunestal: At the mouth of this cave are a strange kind of web
Meryl Dunestal: A web made by a quite unique spider
Meryl Dunestal: small but quite dangerous
Jocelyn: so you want the spider and some of it’s webbing?
Bothari: this spider have a name?
Meryl Dunestal: I do not believe it has been given a name
Jocelyn: so what do you want?
GM: in a whisper he continues
Meryl Dunestal: The Jade leaf have never seen this variety
Meryl Dunestal: and so I must first require your promise
Meryl Dunestal: If you agree to go, you will not inform the jade leaf of what you are doing
Jocelyn: not a problem
GM: He straightens
Bothari: are bugs coverd under the poaching laws here
Meryl Dunestal: I would here your oaths on this
Jocelyn: however, I must ask…how is it you have come by this information…only asking as you just said moments ago “this place has been touched by no one here”
Meryl Dunestal: How i have come to it I shall keep secret…for now
Bothari: cause i might have to speek up if they are
Jocelyn: I swear the jade leaf will never get this information from here, no matter what they do to try and retrieve it
Jocelyn: no
Campaign saved.
GM: he waits patiently
Jocelyn: is that good enough for you, Meryl?
[w] Jocelyn: I swore my oath
Thalia: If you don’t mind my asking, but why is it so imperitive that the jade leaf not know?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes, im waiting on the others
[w] Jocelyn: ok, wasn’t sure if maybe it wasn’t good enough
Bothari: im going to sense motive his anser
Meryl Dunestal: Ill have your oath before i tell you more\
Meryl Dunestal: what i tell you must stay within this room
Jocelyn: do you have any loyalty to the jade leaf, Thalia?
Jocelyn: I do not
Thalia (Thalia): I’d like to sense motives as well
Meryl Dunestal: then, if you decide not to do what i ask, you may go about your business
Jocelyn: I am in, as I have already stated
Bothari: i will give my oath with the condition that this will not jepordise my contract with the jade leaf to hunt the poachers
Meryl Dunestal: Meryl puts his hand upon the table
GM: Meryl puts his hand upon the table
Thalia: Alright
‘Bothari’ reconnected
Meryl Dunestal: I can not speak to how the jade leaf will react if they find out
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: let us hope they don’t
Jocelyn: and they won’t from me
Bothari: very well but i will hold you responsible if you havent told us something
Meryl Dunestal: what i am asking is your oath not to divulge any information i give to you
Bothari: i give you my word that i will not divulge what you are about to tell us
Jocelyn: nothing you say from this point forward will be respoken in the presence of anyone outside this room…I give you my word
Meryl Dunestal: I can only be held responsible for that which I tell you sir
Meryl Dunestal: not for what I do not or do not know
Bothari: i was only refering to what you know but do not tell us
GM: he nods
Meryl Dunestal: Ok
Thalia: I give my word that I will not tell.
Meryl Dunestal: This breed of spider appears to have a unique quality
Meryl Dunestal: it is this unique quality that makes them important
Jocelyn: is it poisonous, like some spiders?
Meryl Dunestal: No…they have the ability to breath fire
Jocelyn: interesting
Jocelyn: very interesting
Bothari: how large is this spider?
Meryl Dunestal: Any ive been told their webs are unlike nothing anyone has ever seen
Jocelyn: I am guess thier webs are fireproof ??
Jocelyn: guessing
GM: Meryl shrugs
Jocelyn: ok, so what is it you want us to retrieve?
Jocelyn: a spider, and some webbing

Campaign saved.
GM: Meryl smiles steps back and opens the box
GM: He removes 4 canisters
GM: then sets them upon the table
GM: he also removes a strange looking device
Jocelyn: so, what are these ?
Meryl Dunestal: If you decide to take on this task, I require 4 samples of their webs and…
GM: He taps on a corner of the device
GM: in the center a white glow appears
Meryl Dunestal: One spider
Meryl Dunestal: if you place it here
Jocelyn: so I take it the spider will fit in that device?
GM: he points to the center of the device
Meryl Dunestal: it will be placed within
Meryl Dunestal: safely
Meryl Dunestal: it must be alive
Jocelyn: very well, so a sample of webbing in each canister and one living spider in that device
Meryl Dunestal: yes
Jocelyn: what else can you tell us about this cave?
Meryl Dunestal: I know nothing else
Meryl Dunestal: my man would go no nearer
Jocelyn: anything else that calls it ‘home’ that we need to know about?
Jocelyn: very well…how far away is this cave?
Campaign saved.
Meryl Dunestal: It is about 1 day away
Jocelyn: I see
Bothari: by land?
Jocelyn: and would you have anything we could add to our gear that would help prevent taking damage from the fire it breathes?
Jocelyn: or would you know someone that could sell us something cheap to help prevent taking fire damage ??
Meryl Dunestal: As you know, potions are very rare
Meryl Dunestal: What I would offer for this is 200gold for each web, and 500gold for the spider
Jocelyn: do you have anything we could wear to help prevent us from taking damage…of course if would be a loan and would gladly give back
Meryl Dunestal: I have 2 potions of fire protection but i must charge for them
[w] Jocelyn: seeing if he has rings of fire resistance he would loan out, etc.
Jocelyn: how much?
Meryl Dunestal: I have 2 at the moment and they are 300gp each
Jocelyn: well, this doesn’t seem very profitable…what started as 1300 gp for everything needed just got reduced to 700 gp for us to split
GM: meryl shrugs
Jocelyn: you never answered Bothari’s question as to if we travelled this day by land or boat?
Meryl Dunestal: I know, I can tell you that what we learn from these spiders may help Kith’takharos
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: did your man see many of them near this cave ??
Jocelyn: will we have to kill many to capture one ??
Liz: thats very encouraging but still dosent anser my question
Meryl Dunestal: He saw a few
[w] Jocelyn: how is Liz ??
[w] Jocelyn: who
[w] → Jocelyn: an error
[w] Jocelyn: ok, was freaking out a little
Meryl Dunestal: And what is your question?
Liz: do we get there by boat or by land
[w] → Liz: you keep talking with the lizard
Jocelyn: so if we get there and retrieve your stuff, anything else we find is our to keep, free and clear, correct ?
Meryl Dunestal: yes
[w] Bothari: srry
Jocelyn: not including plants of course, as that would be illegal
Meryl Dunestal: Also, I offer you a new boat that you may keep as you rown
Jocelyn: that will help
Jocelyn: and I trust you have a reliable map as well ??
Meryl Dunestal: I do
GM: He hands you the map
Jocelyn: will you be providing any harbor fees for this boat while we stay here, when we are not using it ??
‘Bothari’ reconnected
Liz: ill take it i have a case for maps
[w] Jocelyn: why is it coming across Liz ?
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: is it supposed to be Thalia speaking?
[w] → Jocelyn: he has not learned about switching back and forth
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Jocelyn: very well, we shall head out in the morning then…anything else we need to discuss, Meryl ??
Bishop: You will have to get used to switching between characters
[w] Jocelyn: someone is playing two characters now ?
Bothari (Bothari): i know srry wont be a prob once hes finnished cause he never talks
Bishop: his animal companion
[w] Jocelyn: I see…the raptor
Jocelyn: Meryl, as always I appreciate our time together and will hopefully return with good news and a fruitful bounty
Meryl Dunestal: I would like you to leave at duck
Meryl Dunestal: *dusk
Jocelyn: you want us to travel by night ?
Thalia: Tonight?
Jocelyn: if you say it is a day away, we will arrive at your cave by dusk tomorrow, provided we don’t get lost along the way
Meryl Dunestal: alerting the Jade leaf to what you are doing would not be preferred
Jocelyn: makes sense…let us know which dock our boat is in and we will leave tonight
Jocelyn: do we want to fire res potions ?

Jocelyn: the*
Campaign saved.
Meryl Dunestal: It is at the main docks, painted green and white
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Appraise [MOD:INT] [1d20+4 = 18]
Thalia: [1d12 = 5]
Thalia: [SKILL] Appraise [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 14]
Meryl Dunestal: As to the size of the webs
Jocelyn: do you have the proper papers for us, showing we own the boat…don’t want any issues from this point forward
‘Bothari’ reconnected
Meryl Dunestal: i would say 5 square feet for each canister
Jocelyn: sounds good
Meryl Dunestal: Good luck
Jocelyn: takes the box and heads back to my room
GM: Meryl departs
Bothari: packs up my stuff
Jocelyn: we should try to get some sleep this afternoon…don’t want to be too fatigued during our trip
Bothari: true
Thalia: I have to make a trip to the market to restock
Bothari: i dont suppose either of you two could do me a favor though?
Jocelyn: I will come with you Thalia
Jocelyn: what do you need?
Campaign saved.
Bothari: i have some bear traps that i usually set up around my camp but i am already at my limit for what i can convieniantly carry without hinderence
Thalia: Bolts, some empty vials… I also need to get rid of some stuff
Bothari: could either of you carry them?
Jocelyn: the ‘what do you need’ was for Bothari…sorry
Thalia: Soryy
Thalia: *sorry
Jocelyn: np, still good info
Jocelyn: so you need us to carry bear traps ???
Bothari: if you have the room
Jocelyn: why don’t you just leave them in your room here at the guild?
Jocelyn: am sure you won’t be needing them on this journey
Bothari: very well but when something wanders into our camp its not my fault’
Thalia: Did either of you need sunrods, torches, or extra rations or water skins?
Jocelyn: I have plenty
Bothari: not for this trip no
Jocelyn: very well, how much do they weigh…I will carry some
Bothari: 10lb each
Jocelyn: how many do you have?
Bothari: just the two
Thalia: I can’t carry them then, sorry
Jocelyn: I will carry them
Bothari: thank you
Jocelyn: 20 lbs. is fine
Bothari (Bothari): im litterally 20lbs over light load
Thalia (Thalia): I’m about 9lbs over
Jocelyn: that put me at 66.3…light load is 100 lbs. for me
Campaign saved.
Bothari: thank you i usually try to trap the area around my camps to allert me to intruders
[w] Jocelyn: I bring along the masterwork shortsword that was ivor’s with Thalia to try and sell along the way
Jocelyn: let’s hope it helps
[w] → Jocelyn: ok
Jocelyn: do you need to come along on our shopping trip Bothari?
[w] Jocelyn: am looking for a m/w set of nunchaku as well
Bothari: no im all stocked up
GM: You all make it to the Last Stop General Store
Shop keep: Welcoem welcome
Thalia: Hello
Shop keep: Got some good stock in today take a look around
Thalia: Exellent
[w] Jocelyn: is this a general store type place…does it have some weapons and armor as well or just trade goods…
[w] → Jocelyn: it does have some weapons and armors
Campaign saved.
Bothari: [SKILL] Profession (cartography) [MOD:WIS] [1d20+7 = 25]
Bothari: [SKILL] Profession (cartography) [MOD:WIS] [1d20+7 = 19]
Bothari: [SKILL] Profession (cartography) [MOD:WIS] [1d20+7 = 27]
Shop keep: Sooo, what are in the need fer?
Thalia: I need 15 light crossbow bolts, an ink vial, and two empty vials. Do you have these in stock?
Shop keep: We’ az all sorts a gear fer what evah ya need
Shop keep: Indeed I do
[w] Jocelyn: looks over the visible display of weapons…anything a monk could use?
Shop keep: However Ink been hard to keep in as of late
Thalia: I see.
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: you see a belt holder with 20 shurikens
Shop keep: You packing for a trip?
Thalia: I also have some things I’d like to sell
Shop keep: Ah, I see
Shop keep: Well lets see what ya ave
[w] Jocelyn: is it nice then mine…I have one with 18 shurikens on me…used two shurikens against the plant creature from the last cave
[w] Jocelyn: nicer
GM: the shopkeeper wrings his hands
[w] → Jocelyn: no nicer
Thalia: 2 water skins, 2 torches, 2 sunrods, and do you buy trail rations?
[w] Jocelyn: I take it she found a way to not have to eat or drink any more? didn’t think witches could create food and water?
GM: Afraid not lass, food goods ill not take back
Shop keep: Afraid not lass, food goods ill not take back
Thalia: What about the rest?
[w] Jocelyn: I look to see if he has any jewelry in a display case?
Shop keep: Ill take the rods though, dotn need the torches
Thalia: How much?
Shop keep: ill pay ye 3sp a rod
Shop keep: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
Thalia: Hmm.
Thalia: I think I’ll just be buying today, thanks.
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: dont you have crossbows?
[w] → Thalia: and dont forget, haggling is part of the game
[w] Thalia: I have a crossbow, but I’m runiing out of bolts
[w] → Thalia: you guys have 8 heavy crossbows
[w] → Thalia: and 80 bolts
‘Bothari’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Bothari’ reconnected
[w] Jocelyn: do you want to finish this tonight or pick up here next time?
[w] → Jocelyn: you do not see a jewery case
[w] Thalia: they mentioned leaving things at the transiet guild, is this an option? Also, I need light crossbow bolts
[w] Jocelyn: meaning the store, shopping, etc.

Adventure Log 15

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega