Adventure Log 17

GM: You came, you saw, you got your asses burned but managed to aquire a single spider
GM: However, you have failed the primary mission objective
GM: 4 jars still lay empty nearby the mucky grass where you all are resting
Bothari: so what do we do now?
GM: It is obvious that no one was spared a burn or two and Cedric looks very injured
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we might be able to sneak back and grab some webs if we are quiet…the hard part is over…capturing the live spider
Bothari: i see
GM: A few moments ago you heard skittering and now it is all quiet once more over the wall
Bothari: i could try to sneak over there
Thalia: I could try to sneak back over to collect the webs
Jocelyn: I could also…we are fairly sneaky people, Thalia and I
GM: Correction, Thalia looks somewhat unharmed
GM: Jocelyn looks in serious condition and Bothari looks to have moderate to serious wounds
Jocelyn: well, let Thalia try first and see how it goes…the rest will wait here
Jocelyn: less chance of making noise if we all wait here for her
Thalia: Sounds good.
[TURN] Jocelyn
Bothari: very well we should wait a while first though
Jocelyn: don’t wait too long…after they are done feeding on the lizard, they might still be hungry
Thalia looks for a few long sticks before sneaking over
Bothari: its up to you
[w] > Thalia: make a survival roll
Jocelyn: the sooner we get the webs, the sooner we get to leave
Thalia: [SKILL] Survival [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 4]
[w] → Thalia: you are having difficulty finding suitable sticks
Campaign saved.
Thalia: I’m not finding any good sticks
Bothari: to catch the webbing on?
Thalia: Yes
Jocelyn: here, use some of these
Jocelyn: hands Thalia a couple of tindertwigs
Thalia takes then
Bothari: those webs burn
Thalia: Thank you
Bothari: that may not be a good idea
Thalia: Good point
Jocelyn: closest thing I have to a stick
Bothari: gives you two arrows
Jocelyn: 4
Bothari: gives 2 more
Thalia: Thanks.
[w] Jocelyn: would a sunrod be good enough to wrap up some webbing?
[w] → Jocelyn: it is a bit short
Thalia takes the arrows and canisters and starts sneaking towards the wall.
Bothari: puts 17 arrows from my pack into my quiver
[w] → Thalia: you are confident the arrows are long enough. However they may be a bit long for your jars
[w] → Thalia: you might have to snap them down to size
[w] Thalia: How do they compare with my bolts?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Thalia: bolts are about the right size
Campaign saved.
[w] Thalia: I’ll use my bolts then.
[w] → Thalia: ok
[w] → Thalia: what do you take with you?
Jocelyn: peeks around the wall to check on Thalia’s progress
[w] Thalia: Four canisters, each with a bolt in it. I’ll put them in my backpack.
GM: Jocelyn and Bothari it is all you can do to make yourselves comfortable. The heat, humidity and the burns make it extremely uncomfortable
[w] Jocelyn: I moved my token, eventhough Thalia hasn’t moved hers yet
GM: thalia, begin your run when ready
[w] Jocelyn: I step back 5 feet into the water…does that seem to bring some relief to the burns?
Thalia sneaks up to the closet suitible patch of webs
[w] → Jocelyn: a bit yes
[w] Jocelyn: ok, will stand in the water, still holding on to the spider box
GM: that puts you there
GM: make a stealth roll
Thalia: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+13 = 20]
Jocelyn: bothari, the water seems to help ease some of the pain from the burns…you should immerse youself in it some more
GM: You feel confident you are being as quiet as a field mouse
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 9]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 16]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 8]
Campaign saved.
GM: As you begin, you unscrew your first jar and set it down.
GM: As you begin to twist the web upon your stick you can not help but pull aslightly upon the web as you spin your bolt
GM: make a stealth check
Thalia: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+13 = 17]
GM: You flinch as you felt yourself tug just a bit more than you would have liked
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
GM: as you finish up, you set your first bolt into the jar
GM: make a perception check
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+14 = 27]
‘cedric’ connected
[w] Jocelyn: isn’t the the type of ‘table talk’ you didn’t want to happen ??
GM: You think you hear twittering from somewhere deeper inside the cave
[w] Jocelyn: isn’t this
[w] → Jocelyn: as long as it doesnt influence a player
[w] Jocelyn: ok, just checking
Thalia will back off towards the water’s edge
Bothari: to jocelynL: you know with those bear traps we could ambush them?
GM: you back up as a spider comes
Jocelyn: I still have the two you asked me to carry…feel free to use them
Campaign saved.
GM: It eyes you warily but does not come closer
Bothari: if thalia has too much trouble it might be prudent
Jocelyn: we need another plan
Thalia will try and hex it with Slumber
Jocelyn: I am very wounded, our healer is unconscious and we still need three more canisters of webs
Bothari: ya
GM: After a couple of minutes the spider retreats
Bothari: thats why im suggesting the traps
GM: All is quiet once more
Bothari: if they can trap a bear the spider shouldent be a problem
Thalia will sneak back to collect more webs
[w] Jocelyn: I move 10’ forward stealthily and set down both bear traps
GM: FYI…many of the spiders never touched the ground
[w] → Jocelyn: do you have survival skill?
Jocelyn: sets both bear traps down and steps back into the water
[w] Jocelyn: I am not setting the traps, just setting them down for bothari to set up
[w] Jocelyn: like taking them out and setting them down and going back into the water…not rigged
[w] → Jocelyn: make a circle where you place them and make a stealth roll
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+12 = 27]
Campaign saved.
GM: You do not see or hear a spider
[w] Jocelyn: I have no clue how to set them up to catch anything…I figured he could come and make sure they were set up properly
Thalia will approach the cave again, avoiding the bear traps
GM: Seeing them you can avoid them easily
GM: place yourself where you wish to be and make a stealth roll
Thalia: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+13 = 29]
[w] Jocelyn: was that for me?
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 5]
GM: You feel very confident of your quietness
GM: As before you unscrew the jar and set it down.
GM: You get out your bolt and begin collecting…make a perception check
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+14 = 17]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 1]
GM: You are fucused in your work
GM: You twist round and round
GM: As you look up you see a spider right in front of you
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
Jocelyn: too bad we didn’t have a means to burn all these webs…taking some spiders with it
GM: It sprays you with its web
GM: stream
GM: [GM] [1d6 = 2]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 1]
GM: [GM] [1d6 = 6]
Campaign saved.
GM: You take a total of 9 points of damage. As the fiery spray hits you, the webs around you go up as well.
GM: You are on fire
Thalia runs into the water
GM: Roll initiative
Thalia: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 22]
GM: You are able to run before the spider can react
Jocelyn: [INIT] [1d20+11 = 21]
GM: Jocelyn you see a smoldering Thalia run toward you…thalia make a reflex check plz
Bothari: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 24]
Thalia: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+7 = 25]
GM: you deftly avoid the bear traps
GM: that you could not see
GM: as your clothes smoke
GM: you jump iinto the water
GM: the spider does not follow
GM: After a few minutes, the spider retreats
Jocelyn: this is extremely tedious and dangerous…I am not sure we are getting paid enough for what we are risking here
Thalia: I honestly didn’t think that the webs would be harder to get than the spider.
cedric (Cedric): cat and mouse with spiders lol
Bothari: well we could try shooting the thing the next time it comes out
Jocelyn: apparently the spiders have the ability to tell if any of their webs move even in inch
Jocelyn: seem very sensitive in that regard
Thalia: It makes sense.
Campaign saved.
GM: Thalis appears burned but not to badly
Thalia: I’m almost tempted to try to run up and snatch a large patch of web.
Bothari: so if someone wants to try for some more web i can shoot it as it comes out
Jocelyn: this is too dangerous…the damage that is being taken cannot be healed at the moment…it is only a matter of time before one or all of us join the cleric
Bothari: i dont like leaving a job half done
Jocelyn: does anyone have the ability to set these things of fire and see how much damage we can do?
Thalia: I feel well enough to keep trying for now
Bothari: they brethe fire…
Bothari: i doubt they are too vunerable to it
Jocelyn: I meant burn down the webs
Jocelyn: we have all seen the webs are quite vulnerable to fire
Bothari: ya i suppose we could burn down what we are here to collect
Jocelyn: there are two patches of webs…we could burn the patch that leads deeper into the cave area and then collect what is out on that sidewalk area…where there AREN’T any spiders
Thalia: Wouldn’t the fire spread outwards though?
Bothari: very well but i dont think the fire will bother them too much
Campaign saved.
Bothari: the webbing dosent appear to spread the fire or it all would have already burned
Jocelyn: just wondering how mobile these spiders would be if they didn’t have their webs to move around on ??
Bothari: in that reguard it may help
Jocelyn: fine, we can do the same thing a million times until we either get enough webbing or are all killed
Thalia: I do have a fire spell prepared today.
Jocelyn: let us continue the gathering of webs
Thalia (Thalia): how much webbing do we have? any?
[w] → Cedric: in your unconscious state you feel lighter then a feather. You feel as if your being pulled.
Bishop: what do you mean>
[w] → Cedric: you awaken but you are surrounded by swampmen. Their scales are grayed out and they all look deathly ill…or perhaps even dead. They wail and cry out…and moan in pain.
Jocelyn: so what are going to do?
Bothari: if someone gathers i will cover them
[w] Cedric: do i realize its a dream or does it seem real?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: it is only getting warmer as the minutes go by and with these burns it is not comfortable
[w] → Cedric: it seems very real to you, make a religion roll
Thalia: I can take a couple hits.
[w] → Bothari: make a stealth roll
Thalia: I guess I’ll try again.
Jocelyn: we can speed this up…thalia and I can each take a canister and try to grab some webbing
Bothari: [INIT] [1d20+6 = 23]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 4]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 17]
Cedric: [SKILL] Knowledge (religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+7 = 25]
[w] → Cedric: by the greyout out scenery, you realize you are looking at the swampmen but through someone elses eyes…of whose, you do not know
[w] Jocelyn: why is an unconscious character (at -6 hit points) making skill checks?
[w] → Jocelyn: that is a need to know basis!
[w] → Jocelyn: 8
)
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Thalia hands a canister to Jocelyn and sneaks up to the webs
Jocelyn: takes the canister and sneaks up to some webs
GM: place yourselves where you wish to be and make a stealth roll
GM: as long as Bothari does not move, he can retain his
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+12 = 28]
Thalia: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+13 = 33]
GM: you all move with a lithe grace and you both drop your jars and begin collecting webs
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 9]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 11]
Campaign saved.
GM: You begin to twist and twist and twist the webs around your sticks
GM: when you think you have enough, you pick up your jars, tear off the webs and place them into the jars…make stealth rolls
Jocelyn: glances to my right every few seconds to see if anything is coming
Thalia: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+13 = 30]
Jocelyn: thalia, we still need one more canister
Thalia trades out the full canister for an empty one
Jocelyn: toss it to me and I will attempt to get it filled
[w] → Cedric: you see yourself standing in shallow water. the swampmen are gathered around a tall silvery post, with a golden bulb on its top
Thalia gives the empty canister to Jocelyn
GM: make stealth rolls
Thalia: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+13 = 23]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+12 = 19]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 5]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
GM: make perception rolls
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 26]
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+14 = 29]
Bothari: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+9 = 22]
GM: You all hear a feint chittering
GM: coming from the nroth
GM: *north
GM: do you proceed?
Jocelyn: takes the empty canister and hands Thalia my full one
Jocelyn: proceeds to fill the last container
Campaign saved.
GM: Bothari you see it when it sees you, roll for initiative thalia and bothari
Thalia: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 20]
Bothari: [INIT] [1d20+6 = 11]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 7]
[TURN] Thalia
Jocelyn: [INIT] [1d20+11 = 16]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 1
[w] Jocelyn: he just wants a free attack
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d6 = 5]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 4]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Thalia: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+2 = 16]
[TURN] Jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: check my notes section…do I think if I spend a Ki point I can collect the webs faster? it says I get an extra attack so maybe that would help me?
[w] → Jocelyn: one sec
[w] Jocelyn: I can do three things normally by spending Ki at this point
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: no biggie if not, either way I continue to gather webs
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Bothari
Bothari: [ATTACK®] Rapid shot DA PBS (2) [1d208 = 9]
[w] Jocelyn: sorry to throw that at you while you were dealing with the grapple thing…didn’t know you were doing that
Bothari: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+4 = 7]
Bothari: [ATTACK #2®] Rapid shot DA PBS (2) [1d208 = 20]
[TURN] Cedric
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [SKILL] Escape Artist [MOD:DEX] [1d20+6 = 26]
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 4]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 1
GM: The spider turns and faces the monk. It leaps forward
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+6 = 10]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: I will spend another Ki and get extra attacks
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 14]
Attack 14 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 13]
Attack 13 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 20]
Attack 20 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 29]
Attack 29 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 12]
Damage 12 → [to Radiant Spider 1]
[TURN] Bothari
Bothari: [ATTACK®] Rapid shot DA PBS [1d20+6 = 17]
Attack 17 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
Bothari: [ATTACK #2®] Rapid shot DA PBS [1d20+6 = 10]
Attack 10 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
[TURN] Cedric
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [CAST] Ray of Enfeeblement [at Radiant Spider 1] 0
GM: [GM] [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 16] [SUCCESS] [1d20+4 = 20]
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Ray of Enfeeblement [TOUCH] [1d20+6 = 17]
Attack 17 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [HIT]
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+14 = 17]
Jocelyn: w/ gm my unarmed attacks are considered magical for the purposed of overcoming DR…not sure it had DR, but just mentioning it to you
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 17]
Thalia: 2 [1d62 = 5]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 2
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 1]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 1
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 2
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
GM: [GM] [1d6 = 1]
GM: [GM] [1d6 = 4]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 1
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 19]
Attack 19 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 26]
Attack 26 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 10]
Damage 10 → [to Radiant Spider 1] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack (3) [1d2010 = 14]
Attack 14 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 3
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
GM: [GM] [1d6 = 1]
[TURN] Bothari
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Cedric
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Thalia
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 2]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 2
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 1
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 15]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 19]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack (3) [1d2010 = 24]
Attack 24 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] unarmed attack [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 11]
Damage 11 → [to Radiant Spider 1] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 3
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 17]
[TURN] Bothari
Bothari: [ATTACK®] Rapid shot DA PBS [1d20+6 = 18]
Attack 18 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
Bothari: [ATTACK®] Rapid shot DA PBS [1d20+6 = 15]
Attack 15 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [MISS]
[TURN] Cedric
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Thalia
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [1d20+6 = 11]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 2
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 4]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 1
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 16]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 28]
Attack 28 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK #2 (M)] flurry of blows [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 11]
Attack 11 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] flurry of blows [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 7]
Damage 7 → [to Radiant Spider 1]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] unarmed attack (3) [1d2010 = 27]
Attack 27 → [at Radiant Spider 1] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] unarmed attack [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d8+4 = 6]
Damage 6 → [to Radiant Spider 1] [DYING]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 3
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Bothari
Bothari: [ATTACK®] Rapid shot DA PBS [FULL] [1d20+6 = 7]
Attack 7 → [at Radiant Spider 3] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Bothari: [ATTACK #2®] Rapid shot DA PBS [FULL] [1d20+6 = 10]
Attack 10 → [at Radiant Spider 3] [MISS]
Bothari: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+4 = 18]
[TURN] Cedric
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Thalia
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 15]
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 2
[w] Jocelyn: does it look like I could pick up and carry the big spider I just took out?
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 1
[TURN] Jocelyn
Thalia: I think we need to get out of here
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] Jocelyn: I pick up the carcas and move a full movement away…can I go my full 40 or is it doulbed once I hit the water?
[GM] [TURN] Radiant Spider 3
[TURN] Bothari
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 1]
Thalia: Two of us together should be able to carry Cedric out
Jocelyn: I take the rest of my red outfit (I used part of it to light the c’bow from a boat back when) and wrap up the large spider carcas…put it in my backpack if possible, along with my canister and will hand the spider box to Thalia and sling Cedric over my shoulder and head back to our boat
Campaign saved.
Bothari: if i never see another spider as long as i live it will be too soon
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Fortitude (-2) [1d20+1 = 4]
Thalia: [SAVE] Fortitude (-1) [1d20+1 = 16]
Bothari: takes my cloak and dips it in water and uses it to cool jocelyns forehead
Jocelyn: uses my new wrapped spider carcas as a pillow for the ride home
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 5]
Bothari: [SAVE] Fortitude (4) [1d209 = 18]
Campaign saved.
Thalia: [SAVE] Fortitude (-1) [1d20+1 = 6]
[w] → Bothari: you pass the 2nd leg and in the distance you now see Kith’takharos in the distance
[w] → Bothari: you feel the burns and the heat is once again unbearable.
[w] → Bothari: make one last fortutude save, -2
Bothari: [SAVE] Fortitude (2) [1d207 = 9]
GM: You feel hazy as your sight returns to yyou
GM: A man is there shaking you awake but you do not recognize him
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: w/ gm immediately check my belongings to see if anything is missing
GM: You are standing up to your ankles in warm, swamp water
GM: You are upon the edge of a small island and the landscape is greyed out
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Planes [MOD:INT] [1d20+15 = 25]
[w] → Thalia: you find yourself in a dreamscape, however it does not appear to be your dream and you are seeing through someone elses eyes
[w] Jocelyn: sorry, I know it should be discussed like this, but defending my character
[w] Jocelyn: shouldn’t
Jocelyn: hello, who are you?
[w] Thalia: can I move or am I only watching?
GM: Several, strange looking swampmen are laying here and there. all of them are obviosuly sickly and ill. one dressed in leathers and bone jewelry holds his arms up into the air as if to appeal to some unseen force
GM: In the center of the small island, there is a silvery pole, topped with a golden orb
Jocelyn: what happened here? how did they come to be in that state?
[w] Jocelyn: the staff?
Bothari: wheres our boat…?
GM: the swampmen are all around this and as they moan and beg and cryy, they do not appear to notice you
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 21]
Bothari: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+9 = 29]
Campaign saved.
GM: You all notice that you are not in your own bodies nor do you have control over whomever’e eyes you are seeing through
[w] Jocelyn: I look around at what I think are the others…what do I see?
GM: The swampman Shaman steps over to you
[w] Thalia: can I see perihperaly if I am a swampman?
[w] → Jocelyn: you see a elf woman, dressed in fine, ornate leathers. She carries a bow that glitters. You see another man in shiny armor, another in dark chanmail and you look over yourself, another man in fine leathers
[w] Jocelyn: so the genders appear to be the same for the others, but not me?
[w] → Thalia: yes, you look around. you see others there, a man in shiny plate armor, another in fine leathers and another in ornate, black chain armor. You see that your holding a bow and that it sparkles in the sunlight
[w] Jocelyn: or are all the genders opposite of what they should be?
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: check all my gear?
[w] → Jocelyn: it appears to be there, however no spider, canister or box
[w] Jocelyn: am I dressed? and what time of day is it?
Thalia sits up and looks around
[w] → Jocelyn: you have no clothes and it is morning
Cedric: I must say I made quite a mistake there. I am glad to see we are all still alive.
[w] Jocelyn: gets dressed and goes out and seeks Meryl
Bothari: hello
[w] Jocelyn: tells him I need to see Meryl NOW!
Guard: The guard nods vigorously
Guard: He’s prepared his dining room for you when you awakened
Bothari: should we wait for the other two?
[w] Jocelyn: I head past the guard and walk briskly to his dining hall, ignoring anyone along the way
Guard: I trust you know the way?
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: I wait for no one and go there as quickly as possible
GM: Anyone who heads there. The guards do not try to stop you.
Cedric: yes lets get the rest of out party together
Thalia gets dressed and leaves her room.
GM: The guards point you where the dining room is
Thalia thanks the gourd and heads to the dining room
Cedric: I have something I need to tell everyone. I had the starngest dream while I was out.
Jocelyn: enters and paces until Meryl gets there
Bothari: heads where directed
Cedric: It was like I was in someone elses body looking out
Cedric says under his breath
Thalia: That sounds familiar
Bothari: i had a simmiler experience…
[w] Jocelyn: I ignore the others until Meryl gets there…I act like I am deeply focused
Cedric looks intently
Cedric: did it involve the swampmen?
Bothari: ya
Bothari: and a shamman
Cedric: there was silver pole with a golden orb in my dream
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: continues pacing
Bothari: there was a man with sword and shield a woman witha bow and someone elles
Thalia: Why were we all dreaming this?
GM: Meryl finally enters the room followed by his 2nd Frederick.
Cedric: The swapmen seemed to be in agony moaning and sick
GM: He carries a satchel
Bothari: ah hello meryl
GM: Frederick closes the door behind them
Meryl Dunestal: I am so happy to see you all up and about.
Cedric turns his attention to their host
[w] → Jocelyn: he gives you a sidelong glance but doesnt linger on you to long
Cedric: Yes its good to be here
Bothari: those spiders are more then a little dangerouse
[w] Jocelyn: I stop pacing and sit down, staring at him
Meryl Dunestal: I can only imagine how difficult that was
Jocelyn: do you have my spider?
Meryl Dunestal: I will replace anything lost or destroyed and I must commend all of you
Cedric looks at Jocelyn
Meryl Dunestal: The spider? It is being examined Jocelyn
Cedric: Did you manage to get the spider?
Jocelyn: the dead one I killed…not the one in the box
Meryl Dunestal: We are examining your findings
Meryl Dunestal: All of what you brought back is being examind
Cedric: i cant remember a thing. The flames burst toward me and ….. well you know the rest
Meryl Dunestal: But i am a man of my word
GM: He sets down the satchel
Jocelyn: very well, how did we end up here…last thing I remember is being in the boat and being in unbearable pain from my burns
Meryl Dunestal: One of our scout boats found you
Meryl Dunestal: towed you all back
Bothari: i managed to get us near to the port thanks to a little bit of magic i picked up along the way
Bothari: and i assume that i the promised payment
Meryl Dunestal: Your burns were extensive but we have treated them and tey look to be healing well
Bothari: thank you for that
Campaign saved.
Meryl Dunestal: and more
GM: he opens the satchel
Cedric examines the others
Meryl Dunestal: 4 vials and a bag of goldf
Meryl Dunestal: *gold
Cedric: yes quite well. a wonderful job I must say
Meryl Dunestal: These potions are hard to come by, use them well.
Bothari: ah what kind of potions are these?
Jocelyn: will I get my spider back after you are done examining it?
GM: To the trained eye they appear to be healiing potions
Bothari: ah
Jocelyn: the dead one…would be a nice trophy for me
GM: Meryl looks at Jocelyn with a wry smile
Meryl Dunestal: A trophy Jocelyn?
Jocelyn: yes…I killed it so I would like a trophy, so to speak
Jocelyn: am sure someone in town can have it stuffed for me
Meryl Dunestal: If you would allow us some time to study it I would be very appreciative
Jocelyn: np, just asked if I would get it back after you were down…take all the time you need
Jocelyn: done
Meryl Dunestal: This species has never before been seen by anyone
Meryl Dunestal: Frederick here would like to debrief you on what you have seen
GM: The small, frail looking man sits down and opens up a notebook
Meryl Dunestal: Would you mind answering a few questions?
GM: he looks at each of you in turn
Jocelyn: may I ask since we didn’t arrive on our own accord if there is any chance the Jade Leaf got wind of our mission?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: yes, I will answer anything you need to know…providing I have an answer
Meryl Dunestal: So far I do not think so but one never knows
Jocelyn: ok, we can only hope they are ignorant of what we found
GM: As the morning continues, a hearty breakfast is rbought iin and served while you answer questions posed to you by Frederick
Meryl Dunestal: Once again you all have served me well. i will not forget this.
Cedric digs in heartily
Jocelyn: I am just glad we didn’t lose a team member on this trip
Jocelyn: the last one wasn’t as successful
Meryl Dunestal: There is a rental property that has recently been vacated.
Cedric: Aye I was bit off my game out there nearly cost everyone their lives
Meryl Dunestal: I offer it to you to stay in as you will\
Bothari: that would be most helpfull
Cedric: most helpful
Meryl Dunestal: There is ample room for you all and one of my girls cleans it daily
Jocelyn: how close is it to our current quarters?
Meryl Dunestal: If you look at this map
GM: he points to a large, red house
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we can dock our boat there as well ??
Meryl Dunestal: Yes
Jocelyn: so, I hope we get some down time to rest up before being sent back out into that dreadful swamp again, Meryl ?
Meryl Dunestal: Well, at this time I have nothing for you. Enjoy the village.
[w] Jocelyn: why does he constantly question everything…you are the dm, so whatever you want to happen, happens
[w] → Jocelyn: idk
Thalia: One question, how long ago was it that your men towed opur boat in?
GM: with that, him and frederick head out
Jocelyn: grabs the bag of gold and divides it into four shares, passing a share to each of the other three people at the table
Meryl Dunestal: It has been over 24 hours
[w] Jocelyn: how much gold is there again?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: make 2 rolls for a fence
[w] Jocelyn: d10 again? need a 10 to find one?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
Jocelyn: [1d10 = 4]
Jocelyn: [1d10 = 9]
[w] Jocelyn: ok, not today
[w] Jocelyn: I head to our house and grab the best room with the most privacy (perhaps with a window for easy access)
Jocelyn: drops the two bear traps on the first floor for Bothari to take to whatever room he claims
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, you take the room facing the rear of the house. therre is a terrace
Campaign saved.
Bothari: oh thank you i can pay you for those

Adventure Log 17

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega