Adventure Log 18

GM: Your group seemed to disband and go their own way after Meryl dispersed you. He gave you each a large, iron key to the house and another smaller steel key that belongs to a large trunk
GM: Excited you all went to your guild rooms to collect your things.
Jocelyn: checks out our new house and gets a ‘lay of the land’
GM: does anyone daudle on the way there or do you each go straight there?
Bothari: strait there
[w] Jocelyn: I will go straight there to get best bedroom like I mentioned last week
Thalia goes straight there
GM: Alright
GM: You all arrive there at about the same time
Campaign saved.
GM: The house is quite large and sturdy looking even though it is on stilts
GM: The stilts look broad and strong
GM: There is a main front door and windows
GM: It is 2 stories high
[w] Jocelyn: how close is the next red house over…approximately?
GM: Something that is somewhat unusual for Kith’takharos
[w] → Jocelyn: just under 1/8th of a mile
Bothari: quite the mansion we have been given
Thalia: It’s really grand
[w] Jocelyn: thanks
GM: Cedric just nods his head in agreement
Jocelyn: shall we go inside and see what it offers?
Bothari: goes inside
GM: As you step inside there is a large entryway with pegs to leave your coats upon and places to put muddy boots
GM: Just beyond a broad hallway leading left and right
GM: and doors leading out of the hall
Campaign saved.
GM: To the left a stairwell, to teh right a powder room or small privy
GM: Just beyond to the right, a small libray or study
[w] Jocelyn: will head upstairs and find the ‘best’ room for my ‘needs’?
GM: Many books line the walls
GM: just north of that, a sitting room perhaps?
GM: Moving left out of the study the hall leads you to a large, dining room
Bothari: i dont think i could have afforded this as a home if i lived to be one hundred
GM: You notice tapestries, paintings, vases and other fineries cover the floors, walls and appear upon dainty tables here and ther
GM: Moving further left is the large kitchen and pantry
Jocelyn: Meryl has taken a shine to us for sure, letting us stay here
GM: An older man and a younger woman were conversing there until you stepped in.
GM: They stopped to address you. the man bowe4d and the woman curtsied
Jocelyn: greeting
Jocelyn: nods to both, one at a time
GM: “I am Castelle” the woman told you
GM: “I am Kirkal”
GM: “Is there anything I can get for you?”
Jocelyn: Jocelyn is my name…pleased to meet you both
Campaign saved.
Thalia: I’m Thalia, it’s good to meet you.
Bothari: are you two going to maintian this house
Jocelyn: I think we need to stock up on food, etc., would you know the best vendors to provide such things?
GM: The man steps forward, “I do indeed young miss.”
GM: “leave me your lists and I shall take care of everything”
Jocelyn: very well, that will save me lots of time and I am sure you know who the best people are for the best goods
GM: “We have been employed to keep this house”
Jocelyn: jots down a list and hands it to Kirkal
GM: “And to assist those who live in it”
GM: Kirkal takes it gladly with a slight bow
Jocelyn: that will be most appreciated
Bothari: well arent we in the lap of luxery
GM: ‘There is a money box here in the kitchen. Leave a list with funds to make purchases and you shall have it:
Campaign saved.
GM: “Enjoy your stay,”
Jocelyn: gives Kirkal money for the list I already handed him
[w] Jocelyn: are you okay with me paying 200 gp for 2 months?
[w] → Jocelyn: sure
[w] Jocelyn: obviously if anything extra or special comes up we can deal with it at that time…this if for regular living expenses and extra tips for both of them
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
GM: With that the two go about their business and Jocelyn steps away
Jocelyn: heads upstairs to find a suitable bedroom
Thalia: It’s going to be strange having people to keep our house for us.
‘Bothari’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Bothari’ reconnected
GM: The upstairs is just as spacious. There are 3 large bedrooms and 1 small.
Jocelyn: they did at the transit guild…am sure you never made your own bed while you were there?
Thalia: That was more oike staying at an inn though
[w] Jocelyn: picks out the best one or only one if only one has a window/terrace like you mentioned last week
GM: To the right, one bedroom has windows facing North, the other has windows facing south and east
Campaign saved.
GM: both have closets, large beds, dressers and a large trunk at its foot
Bothari: this is no different we just have more private rooms
Bothari: we are hear as long as the guild wishes it
GM: To the left, the largest bedroom has windows facing south and the largest closet
GM: And also the smaller of the bedrooms
[w] Jocelyn: claims the largest one I guess unless others chime in
[w] Jocelyn: will be in there putting stuff away, etc., assuming it is mine
GM: Jocelyn appears to stop in the door way of the largest
Jocelyn: this looks comfy
GM: Unless someone contends for this room there are 3 others
Bothari: ill take one of the medium bedrooms
Bothari: then you can have it
GM: The 2 right bedrooms are the medium ones
Campaign saved.
GM: one has many windows, the other, a seperate room that looks like a closet
Bothari: ill take the room with a view
Jocelyn: after putting my stuff away, I walk to Bothari’s room and hand him his two bear traps back
Bothari: thank you i only wish they had proved more usefull
Thalia goes to look at the other medium room
GM: Cedric appears to want the smallest of the rooms, leavin Thalia with the last
Bothari: here let me repay you for them
Bothari: here let me repay you for them
Bothari: gives 20gp
‘cedric’ connected
[w] → Jocelyn: you notice that there is a large, private bathroom off of your room
[w] Jocelyn: cool…is this the only one besides the small one on the first floor?
[w] → Jocelyn: no, there is a 3rd
[w] Jocelyn: ok and since my window is on the south side I assume that means I am looking out at the water?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
Campaign saved.
Bothari: gets myself situated
Cedric using his holy symbol constructs a makeshift alter to Pharasma in his room
[w] Jocelyn: is the outside of the house around my window easily climbable to get up and down if I wanted or would I need rope, etc. to achieve that?
GM: Cedric, ther is a small closet in yoru room that would suffice for such an alter
Cedric: sounds good thank you
[w] → Jocelyn: its somewhat flat and visable to anyone in the water nearby
GM: So you all unpack and settle in. The beds are very comfortable, the food and drink are quite good
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: okay, how far up is the roof from my window sill?
[w] → Jocelyn: you could probably climb up there
‘cedric’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
[w] Jocelyn: ok, just checking for escape routes, etc., if needed in the future
[w] Jocelyn: I still want to get a ‘good’ chest/foot locker and the best lock I can find for it…would that be normal vendors or wait until I ever find a fence?
‘cedric’ disconnected
[w] → Jocelyn: you coul dhave left that request with Kirkal
[w] Jocelyn: ok I put it on a list and leave money in the box…how much would be good? 100 gp or more??
[w] → Jocelyn: for a steel lined trunk and masterwork lock, 250gp
[w] → Jocelyn: it comes with a false bottom
[w] Jocelyn: ok, will leave that plus and extra 5 gp for a tip for him doing it
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, consider it done and add it to inventoy, deduct the gold
[w] Jocelyn: character sheet is updated regarding money…including the 200gp for 2 months lifestyle
[w] Jocelyn: okay they are on the inventory sheet
GM: For the balance of the next 24 hours, Cedric takes it upon himself to heal you all.
Bothari: i dont suppose you all would want to join me on a patroll for poachers? you seem to have a bone to pick with them
Jocelyn: since we have the time now I suggest getting a boat mounted c’bow now…it has proved useful in the past
GM: Such a weapon will cost 250gp, including mounting and 20 bolts
Bothari: if you really want one i will help pay for one but keep in mind they are very slow to fire
Jocelyn: I am willing to chip in 65 gp towards that cost, how do the rest of you feel?
Thalia: I’m bit cautious about getting a crossbow mounted. I’m afraid our boat is going to get ruined again.
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: it saved us from a pursuing boat of poachers in the past, but if I am outvoted, I will respect that
Jocelyn: ok, we can always address this again down the road
Bothari: i will pitch in the same
‘cedric’ connected
[w] Jocelyn: I think they are all unwilling to spend money, in my opinion, but will respect their wishes
Thalia: If you think it’s inportant I have enough gold to spare.
Cedric: The ballista may come in handy
[w] Jocelyn: how much would it cost for a bundle of cloth strips and around 10 flasks of oil?
GM: Alright, then please deduct 65gp
Cedric: Its worth the price should it save our lives
[w] → Jocelyn: the cloth will be free, the oil is 1gp each?
[w] Jocelyn: strips big enough to wrap around the bolt of the boat’s c’bow like last time…this time a better chance to start it on fire
[w] Jocelyn: adds 10 flasks of oil to my previous list and adds another 10 gp as well
Campaign saved.
GM: It will take 2 days to mount the crowwbow
Jocelyn: am getting 10 flasks of oil and some cloth strips as well, we might need to send flaming bolts like last time and want to be better prepared
GM: *crossbow
[w] Jocelyn: will that give me 2 more chance to find a fence?
[w] → Jocelyn: you will have 3
Bothari: mix in some pitch with that
[w] → Jocelyn: you can make those rolls now
Bothari: to make it stick to the boat
Cedric would like to buy some candles for his altar
[w] Jocelyn: also, if I find one, will I have that person forever or will I have to roll every time?
Bothari: we can prepare the bolts ahead of time
[w] → Jocelyn: it depends…
Jocelyn: roll d10
Jocelyn: sorry
GM: cedric you can purchase ornaments and candles for 2 gp
Jocelyn: [1d10 = 9]
Jocelyn: [1d10 = 2]
Jocelyn: [1d10 = 6]
[w] Jocelyn: is the other red house occupied at this time?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] Jocelyn: will go over and introduce myself…being neighborly, but wanting to know who, and how many are living there
[w] → Jocelyn: ill have to write that up
[w] Jocelyn: np, don’t worry about it tonight…just being thorough as a ‘thief’…getting to know my surroundings, etc.
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: does my fine lifestyle upgrade my bed, sheets, furniture in my bedroom, etc. or do I need to go out and purchase satin/silk sheets and stuff like that?
[w] → Bothari: on the third day you are given a patrol route. It is voluntary but the Jade leaf will pay 150gp for the circuit there and back
[w] → Jocelyn: you will have to buy that stuff.
[w] → Bothari: they trekked it out on a map they gave you
[w] Jocelyn: ok, also how much for just a masterwork lock…forgot I wanted one for my bedroom as well
Bothari: I Have a patroll rout to look for poachers
[w] → Jocelyn: a masterwork lock is 150
Bothari: any of you willing to come allong would be appreciated
Jocelyn: how did you plan on following this route? our boat is unavailable for two days
GM: This is the third day
Jocelyn: ok, wasn’t sure we were skipping ahead three days but all is good now
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: yes, you rolled for 3 days
Bothari: they want me to check out a small island to the northwest of here
[w] Jocelyn: figure out a cost for silk sheets and really good pillows and I will add it to my list and add money
GM: If anyone wanted to do anything else within these 3 days, let me know
[w] Jocelyn: I know I did, but I thought he was going out during those three days while I was buying stuff, etc.
Thalia would have checked out the book collection in our new house
Cedric would spend time with any people who were sick or dying in town and try to comfort them
Bothari: the pay is only 150 wich is not amazing when split but we can keep there equitment if we find any
GM: many of the books are adventure novels, some romantic, some poetry, some comedy, you may make 3 1d10 rolls for me Thalia
Thalia: [1d10 = 2]
Thalia: [1d10 = 10]
Thalia: [1d10 = 8]
GM: You find one book that sparks your interest
GM: It is called Of blood and Omens
Cedric providing the sick with food or medicine as best as able.
Jocelyn: what pay are you talking about? no one has commissioned us to go hunt poachers
GM: You may read this book durign these days, it details information about the 2 main swampman clans
GM: You may give yourself 1 rank in knowledge: Swampman Lore
Bothari: from the jade leaf, this is how i make a living around here
GM: The pay he is referring to involves his jade leaf connections
GM: any scounting mission that can not be covered they will sometimes give to others
Jocelyn: so what if we go out and find nothing…how do we prove we went on a mission and get paid?
Campaign saved.
Bothari: i havent broken my word to them yet
Bothari: so if i come back and have found nothing
Bothari: we still get paid
Thalia: I’ll come along.
Jocelyn: I guess we can go see what is out there…still have doubts that we just walk up to the jade leaf and say ‘we went on a mission, please pay us’
Bothari: well to be fair i will be the one talking with them scince though i will split it im the only one they are paying
[w] Jocelyn: all money has been removed from my sheet for everything, except the silk sheets and pillows…just let me know sometime how much that will cost and I will take care of it…don’t want to spend the whole session in town, especially since Bothari is begging us to go
GM: Cedric, give yourself 1 skill rank in Knowledge: Local
GM: for going out and mixing with teh locals
Cedric: okay
[w] → Jocelyn: the silk sheets and extra pillows will cost 22gp for the set
[w] Jocelyn: ok, cool
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: well, I guess we can head out at first light if everyone is willing to do this
Bothari: understandable it is my job after all not yours
Jocelyn: sorry for seeming doubtful, but I just don’t trust them the way you do
Cedric: Especially the way we were treated by the patrol.
Bothari: i trust them to do everything in their power to protect there interests
Bothari: which include fighting poaching
Jocelyn: exactly…why risk life and limb for what might turn out to be a worthless cause
[w] → Jocelyn: add 1 rank in appraisal for all the purchases you have been making
Cedric: I dont understand why they dont give you more authority against be harrased like we were.
[w] Jocelyn: done, and thanks
Bothari: because they are a much better then those they fight
Cedric: Have you looked into who gave those patrolman authority?
Jocelyn: because he isn’t a member of the jade leaf so they don’t have to acknowledge him if they don’t want to…which is what we experienced last time
Cedric: Ahh I see . Acting as they did could get them killed
Bothari: almost did
Bothari: im not going to force you to go
Jocelyn: getting stopped and harrassed is not something that anyone should have to endure…counter productive in my opinion
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: no, but you keep bringing it up as if it is your highest priority and that is your choice
Bothari: killing the poachers is my highest priority
Bothari: im just lucky enough to have found someone to pay me for it
Cedric: and a right good cause it is……… i guess
Jocelyn: very well, I will join you at first light on your trip
Bothari: your help will of course be welcomed
Cedric: I will be there too
Cedric: But I may not be as patient and peace seeking with the patrol as I was last time
Jocelyn: I agree…there will be no more giving of names or handing over of packs for them to do as they wish
GM: The Ptrol is approximately 15 miles
Bothari: this time i have a document from the leaf detailing my mission
Cedric: Good that may help
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: yes, it should help…them from much pain if they try anything like last time
Cedric nods at Jocelyn
Jocelyn: ok, see everyone in the morning
Jocelyn: heads to my bedroom
Bothari: heads to bed
Bothari: heads to bed
[w] Jocelyn: puts my new lock on the inside of the door and locks it securely
Cedric head s to his room and approaches his altar. he prays for the sick of the village and asks for protection on their patrol in the morning.
Thalia goes to her room as well.
[w] → Jocelyn: make me a roll
[w] Jocelyn: what roll?
[w] → Jocelyn: disable device
[w] Jocelyn: disable device, which includes open locks?
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Cedric extinguishes his candles and goes to sleep.
[w] Jocelyn: any mods? normal mw items give bonuses
[w] → Jocelyn: this roll is for you to properly set the lock into teh door
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Disable Device [MOD:DEX] [1d20+18 = 27]
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, the lock is properly set into the door.
[w] → Jocelyn: now you do not need to worry about rolling, the lock is dc 25
[w] Jocelyn: checks outside my window one last time before getting in bed
[w] Jocelyn: ok
[w] → Jocelyn: you do not see anything unusual
[w] Jocelyn: am assuming leaving the window open brings in a slight breeze or does it make it more humid with it open?
GM: The night is warm but there is a slight breeze for those of you on the south side with windows
GM: Luckily your dreams appear to have been normal.
GM: You awaken refreshed
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: make 1 more fence roll
Jocelyn: makes a small pack w/ one day’s worth of rations and one waterskin and heads down to enjoy a nice breakfast
Jocelyn: [1d10 = 3]
Thalia gets up and goes over her spells with her bat
Cedric once again kneels before th altar in his closet asking for a reneweing of his spells. he then goes for breakfast.
[w] → Cedric: make a 1d10 roll
Cedric: [1d10 = 1]
[w] Cedric: ugh
[w] → Cedric: your prayers are not anwsered and infact, you suffer a -1 to ac and attack rolls this day
Bothari: gets the boat packed and ready
GM: Your god appears unhappy with you
Bothari: gets the boat packed and ready
‘Bothari’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Bothari’ reconnected
Thalia gets her gear prepared and takes it down to the boat
[w] Jocelyn: this is what is in my locked chest when I leave: dried plants (4), necklace w/ greem gem, and the 12 pieces of silver flatware
[w] → Jocelyn: okies
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: the short sword, 6 days worth of rations and a waterskin will be in my closet, on a shelf
GM: Your boat stands ready, yur new large crossbow is very shiny
Cedric arrives at the boat seeming a little unerved .
Thalia: Is something wrong?
Jocelyn: places the 10 vials of oil and bundle of cloth near the c’bow
Cedric: Oh its nothing shall we go?
Jocelyn: sure, let’s go say ‘hi’ to the insects of the swamp !!!
Bothari: cover your face in mud if they bite too much
Thalia: That will help with burning too
Jocelyn: takes the front center position, per the norm, and starts looking around for any sign of trouble from the land, sky or water during the whole trip
Bothari: grabs some mud before we leave and applies it like sunblock
Cedric throws his pack in the boat and takes center position.
GM: Who will pole?
Jocelyn: Bothari
Bothari: i will pole
Jocelyn: his route, his contract, his pole
GM: Thalia will be in teh rear then
Cedric: .e casts endure elements on Bothari
Bothari: were all getting paid equally
Bothari: and thank you cedric
Jocelyn: how long does this trip take if there aren’t any problems? 5 hours??
[w] Cedric: I still have my spells right or do I not have any?
[w] → Cedric: you have spells
Campaign saved.
Bothari: when yours wears off i will cast mine and that should cover the whole day
Jocelyn: home in time for dinner…if only that was the case…we all know we can’t be that lucky
GM: You all notice that this morning is not so hot as mornings past
GM: there is a slight breeze and the bugs do not seem to thick
Cedric: at least the weather is better today
Thalia: I wonder if a storm is coming in.
Jocelyn: that is a good thing…hope it stays that way for our entire journey
GM: Your boat glides across the water and for the better part of the morning, you see nothing but the quiet serenity of the swamp
Jocelyn: nibbles on some of my rations as the morning turns into afternoon
GM: Soon, in the distance you can make out the silhouette of the sisland you are due to patrol around
Cedric looks around keeping a close eye out for anything
Jocelyn: focuses on the island, looking for any sign of boats, creatures, etc. that might be on it/around it
Thalia makes a special effort to noticed anything out of the ordinary as we circle the island
Campaign saved.
GM: BOthari keeps up a good pace due to the forgiving weather and you now figure your about half way around the river. As your path begins south you notice a thin line of smoke near the shorline
GM: *river=island
Jocelyn: looks to see what the source is
Bothari: well looks like we may have company after all
GM: Your boat is to far off to get a good look. There is alot of foliage
Jocelyn: listens for any sign of talking, perhaps people/creatures around a campfire
Cedric: What exactly is our mission? should we have a closer look?
GM: Suddenly, a load cry is heard in a language you do not know.
Bothari: can someone take over the poling if this comes to a fight i want to be able to use my bow
[w] → Thalia: you know it though
Jocelyn: if it is poachers, we are to destroy them I guess, according to Bothar’s contract
[w] → Thalia: it appears to be that of a swampman
Bothari: yes we need to investigate one way or another what was that?..
Jocelyn: Bothari’s…sorry, thought I added the i
Thalia: Wait, I think it’s swampmen
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: was it a scream of pain, joy, alerting others? can I tell the difference?
Bothari: i will move the boat up closer
GM: you all know it was a cry of pain and anger
Jocelyn: we need to get there quickly…something is injured…pole faster please
Bothari: dose so
[w] Jocelyn: how close to the island are we?
GM: After a fe minutes you glide the boat inland. The boat comes to an abrupt halt as it hits the shoreline sandbar
Jocelyn: jumps out and heads inland, looking for the source of the smoke and the cry we heard
GM: Clearly you see the burning remains of a large skiff andf several bodies strewn around
Jocelyn: runs over to check and see if any are still alive and what might have cause this
GM: Several bodies appear to be men and several appear to be swampman
[w] → Thalia: make a lore roll
[w] Jocelyn: anything moving, body-wise, besides us that i can see?
[w] Thalia: swampman lore?
[w] → Thalia: yes
Bothari: looks like a fight broke out
[w] → Jocelyn: not that you can see
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Swampman Lore [MOD:INT] [1d20+6 = 14]
[w] → Thalia: you know these to be of the Bright Water
Bothari: investigates bodies to determan who the non swampmen are
Bothari: srry supposed to be an action
[w] Jocelyn: checks the skiff to see if it is salvagable and if so will drag it out further into the water to put out the fire
Thalia: They were from the Bright Water clan.
[w] → Bothari: you have seen men like these, they are obviously poachers
Cedric checks the bodies for signs of life
[w] → Jocelyn: the skiff is history
Thalia: This is eerie.
Bothari: well looks like the swampmen did our jobs for us
Campaign saved.
Bothari: unless you think there was athird party involved?
[w] Jocelyn: checks any backs around these men to see if they have any harvested plants in them or anything else I can pocket
GM: Cedric, all the men are obviously dead. many stab wounds, however, many of the swampmen were not killed mundanely, they have multiple burns
[w] → Jocelyn: make perception check
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 33]
[w] Jocelyn: meant bags/backpacks, sorry
Thalia looks around to see if there is evidence of humanoids leaving
[w] → Jocelyn: you find 3 doeses of….
Jocelyn: these burns look familiar…our ‘friend’ likes to use fire…used it to kill his own man that time, remember?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: t’mela
[w] Jocelyn: ok, not sure what that is, but will pocket it if no one is looking
Bothari: he might still be around then ill look for tracks leaving here
[w] → Thalia: you see obvious footprintss and a bloodtrail
[w] Jocelyn: want a sleight of hand check?
GM: Cedric as you step away from the last body, a swampman reaches up and grabs your ankle
Thalia: I found a bloodtrail over here
Bothari: [SKILL] Survival [MOD:WIS] (2) [1d2011 = 25]
Cedric treis to break free
GM: It speaks
Cedric leans down to listen closely
Swampman: In a broken common
Campaign saved.
Swampman: Fire thrower take sacred spear
Cedric: What is the sacred spear you speak of?
Jocelyn: can you heal that swampman, cedric?
Swampman: Must find spear or many people die
GM: before cedric can react, the swampman expires
Jocelyn: am guessing it is a silver pole with a golden orb on top
Thalia: That would be a good bet,
Cedric: it looks like our "frirend " has been here and he;s stolen some type of sacred spear.
Jocelyn: well, we should follow them quickly before he gets away
Jocelyn: starts heading where the trail leads
Cedric: Its must be a thing of great power because the swampman warned he would kill many if not stopped
GM: The trail leads inland and you quickly notice that the island has a slight incline as you move that way
Jocelyn: keeps moving quickly along the trail, keeping an eye out for an ambush site along the way
GM: The path is rough but it does not seem to require a cutting
cedric (Cedric): is Joycelyn alone?
Campaign saved.
GM: The trail is easy to follow. Broken branches, blood and hastened footprints
Bothari (Bothari): im going with her
Jocelyn: don’t care…no one else said they were following
Thalia (Thalia): I thought we all went
GM: jocelyn is a bit away from everyone else
Cedric Cedric quickly catches up with the rest of the party
[w] Jocelyn: no one else said anything but me, but that is your call…just stating what was said/not said
Bothari: im folloing right behind jocelyn
[w] → Jocelyn: you are ahead of them
[w] → Jocelyn: make a perception check
Thalia moves quickly to stay with the group
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+13 = 26]
[w] → Jocelyn: you see the opening of a cave ahead
[w] → Jocelyn: the blood leads in that way
Jocelyn: turns my head as I keep running and says…
Jocelyn: there is a cave up ahead and the blood heads into it…I hope this is his new headquarters so we can put an end to him once and for all
GM: Vines overhang a dark opening and clusters of tough, blade-like leaves sprout from the ground in a natural barrier. Pushing through these obstacles reveals a rough cave. Though mold and moss obscure much of the walls, the bare spots show parallel rows of gouges, as if giant claws had carved the space from the living rock. The ceiling is nearly twice the height of a man.
Thalia casts light to illuminate our way
Jocelyn: I hope there isn’t another exit…am tired of him slipping away all the time
Jocelyn: heads inside the cave
Bothari: heads in right behind her
GM: Your elven eyes allow you to see to some degree
Cedric follows bathari
GM: A barrier of stacked stones blocks an opening in the rear of the cave. The gaps between stones are filled a mixture of dried mud and plant stalks. Decayed feathers jut from the mud in some sort of obscure design. The wall does not appear very strong.
Thalia enter with her light
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: I waited for the light spell to be cast before heading in but if it is still too dark, I can light a sunrod
Jocelyn: anyone recognize this design?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] Jocelyn: does the blood lead up to the wall?
[w] → Thalia: make a swampman lore roll
Thalia will take a closer look at it
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Swampman Lore [MOD:INT] [1d20+6 = 24]
Bothari: there must be another way or secret passage because he just came through here a few minits ago
[w] → Thalia: it is an ancient warning symbol made by swampmen…it is the symbol for evil
Thalia: Oh dear…
GM: The blood trail goes beyond the wall
Thalia: This is a warning sign
Cedric: What is it Thalia?
Cedric: What type of warning?
[w] Jocelyn: checks the wall for traps
Thalia: It’s a symbol meaning great evil.
Thalia peaks around through the opening in the wall
Bothari: well if hes lucky whatever is in there will eat him before i get a chance at him
Jocelyn: let me check to see if he booby-trapped it before we head in further
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 1]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 1]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 1]
Liz: gah!
GM: 3 magic missles fly through the opening and strike Bothari in the chest
Jocelyn: looks to see where the source of those missles came from
Campaign saved.
GM: The light dies not far from the opening
Bothari: take cover!
Bothari: thalia can you cast light on one of my arrows?
GM: As if the cave itself snuffs it out after a few feet
Thalia casts light on an arrow
[w] Jocelyn: kneels down for some cover and checks the wall to see if he booby-trapped it after he went thru
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: make a roll
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] (2) [1d2015 = 26]
Cedric: Are you hurt?
Bothari: [ATTACK®] Standard shot PBS [1d20+10 = 19]
[w] Jocelyn: don’t forget I automatically get a roll if I come within 10’ of any traps for the rest of the my life…you can make it so I don’t know if I found anything…but make sure you add a 2 to the roll
[w] → Jocelyn: nothing
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Jocelyn: the wall appears to be not trapped
Jocelyn: we can continue forward safe from traps…for now
Bothari: yes
[w] Jocelyn: squeezes thru the wall
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: why does he do this?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: make a fort save
Thalia draws her dagger and casts light on it
[w] Jocelyn: need an athletics roll to get past the wall?
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20
3 = 9]
Bothari: i would appreciate some minor healing
Cedric cast cure lmoderate wounds on bothari
[w] → Jocelyn: you feel fatigued, you now have the fatigued affect
[w] Jocelyn: from pushing thru the wall or something else?
Cedric: cure light sorry
Cedric: [1d8 = 7]
[w] → Jocelyn: do you have spellcraft, or knowledge arcane?
Cedric: 1
Bothari: no +4
Bothari: you add your level up to 5
[w] Jocelyn: no, just asking if I had to exert extra hard to get thru the wall
Cedric: yea ok
[w] Jocelyn: am I on the other side now?
Bothari: thank you cedric
Cedric: so 11
Bothari: wasent expecting that
[w] → Jocelyn: you didnt seem to have a hard time and you dont know why you are fatigued
[w] Jocelyn: ok, so fatigued is -2 to everything or should I look it up?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: coudl you plz?
Bothari: should we try to go down the hall into the forboding darkness?
[w] Jocelyn: yes, am doing so now
Cedric: I can cast light
Campaign saved.
Thalia: Another light will probably help
Bothari: the light was snuffed out about 30 feet down that hall way
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Cedric casts light on his shield
[w] → Jocelyn: The moment you step onto the first stair, your chest constricts and your mouth goes dry. You squeeze your eyes shut to fight off a wave of dizziness that threatens to buckle your knees. You suddenly feel very thirsty and very tired.
[w] Jocelyn: -2 to str and -2 to dex…can’t run or charge…doing anything to cause fatigue turns it into exhaustion and 8 hours of rest takes it away
Bothari: it seems to be some kind of magicall darkness
Jocelyn: don’t come over the wall…something just made me very weak and tired
Jocelyn: kneels down to catch my breath
Thalia: If the spell goes out I have mundane lights.
[w] Jocelyn: how far down do the stairs appear to go
GM: Broad stairs lead down about 5 feet to a chamber.
Thalia: Do you need help?
Bothari: be sure to scream out in pain if something attacks you
Jocelyn: no, just let me catch my breath, maybe it will go away
[w] Jocelyn: do I see anything in the part of the chamber I can see?
Jocelyn: the stairs go down 5’ and open up into a chamber
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: cracks a sunrod and heads down the stairs
Thalia will go to the break n the wall
[w] Jocelyn: my stats have been adjusted so any combat rolls, etc. will be correct
GM: As you descend the stairway, the swamp humidity gives way to a cooler and drier atmosphere. The sweat evaporates from your skin, and you have difficulty working up enough saliva to wet your tongue. Though the parched air does not feel natural, it is a pleasant contrast with the ever-sticky swamp. The ceiling retains the height of the entrance cave.
[w] → Jocelyn: ok
[w] Jocelyn: also, I know you will ask if we get into combat but AC is now 20
Jocelyn: so far I am seeing nothing, but he has to be down here somewhere
Thalia goes to the other side of the wall
GM: A humanoid metal statue stands in a small alcove at the bottom of the stairs. The head barely clears the ceiling. The statue resembles an armor plated praying mantis, double jointed legs bowed out at an odd angle and arms curled up by its side. A segmented tail is wrapped around the lower legs.
Jocelyn: got company down here
Campaign saved.
Bothari: were comming to back you up!
[w] Jocelyn: searches it thoroughly to see if there are any levers, etc.
Thalia: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20
2 = 12]
Bothari: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 16]
GM: The moment you step onto the first stair, your chest constricts and your mouth goes dry. You squeeze your eyes shut to fight off a wave of dizziness that threatens to buckle your knees. You suddenly feel very thirsty and very tired.
[w] Jocelyn: do I see anything strange on the statue making me think it is something other than a statue?
GM: jocelyn as you look back to see your companions you see that they are moving into the cavern
Jocelyn: got some sort of statue down here…not sure what to make of it at this point
GM: As you look back you notice the statues eyes begin to glow a dark, bright red
Jocelyn: the eyes are glowing…get ready for something
GM: A metallic whicker and whirring sound eminates from it
GM: And we will continue this next week
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: sounds good…see you next tuesday
[w] Jocelyn: let me know if you like my house plans or if you want me to keep looking for a better one??
Campaign saved.

GM: If I get anymore floor plans, ill take them into consideration
[w] Jocelyn: do you want me keep looking for floorplans?
GM: what Ive decided as a reward to the winner. 1 free point to stat of choice

Adventure Log 18

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega