Adventure Log 4

‘Quaril’ connected
Quaril (Quaril): Sup, I’ll brb, thanks for putting her up tho :D
Bishop: np
Campaign saved.
‘pcs23’ connected
Quaril (Quaril): :D
pcs23 (Lee Dejjin): YIPEE
pcs23 (Lee Dejjin): WOW
pcs23 (Lee Dejjin): YAY
Campaign saved.
‘Hover Bikes’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Jocelyn’ connected
Quaril (Quaril): would you like me to roll for hit points?
Bishop: yes, say somethign in chat, like Rolling HP then roll it
Quaril: ok rolling lol
Quaril: [1d4 = 4]
Quaril: woot!
Jocelyn: nice
Bishop: nice
Borolo: Rolling HP for level 2!
Borolo: [1d6 = 4]
Bishop: nice as well
Jocelyn: rolling hp as well
Jocelyn: [1d6 = 5]
Bishop: very nice guys
Bishop: nice job
GM: select back out your tokens
Quaril: that looks oddly familiar
Hover Bikes (Borolo): so is my new spell accessable or will I need to rest?
GM: it will be accesssable immediately
Jocelyn: finishing up leveling first…need another minute
Quaril (Quaril): good question
Bishop: all new abilities are immediately accessdable
Quaril (Quaril): for you at least xD
Jocelyn: evasion will be nice for sure
Quaril (Quaril): Quaril
Campaign saved.
Quaril (Quaril): So, If you open up your character sheet, and drag your name to your token
Quaril (Quaril): it should appear when you hover over it
Bishop: look in your token box
[w] Borolo: So is there space enough for someone to stand on both sides of the door without standing on the ice slick?
[w] → Borolo: no, the ice has spilled out in a half circle
Quaril (Quaril): lol from the character sheet itself, like next to your race
Bishop: you can look in theh toen box, select one out and put it there, yes
Bishop: token
pcs23 (Lee Dejjin): yeah
Quaril: rolling for kryss
Quaril: [1d4 = 1]
‘Travis’ connected
Campaign saved.
GM: Travis, you on Skype?
Jocelyn: he found his mountain afterall !!
Magnis: [SKILL] Concentration [MOD:CON] [1d20+2 = 20]
Quaril: [SAVE VS] Web [REF DC 14] 14
Quaril: [SAVE VS] Web [REF DC 14] 14
Magnis: [CAST] Ray of Enfeeblement 0
Magnis: [ATTACK®] Ray of Enfeeblement [TOUCH] [1d20+2 = 18]
[w] Jocelyn: thanks for understanding my email…didn’t want you to think I was being unreasonable…I know his age is a factor but we are also here to have fun
Borolo: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 19]
Magnis: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 10]
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 11]
Quaril: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 23]
Jocelyn: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 19]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 15]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 15]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 9]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 11]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 4]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 4
[TURN] Magnis
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 3
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 5
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Quaril
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 6
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 9]
Borolo: [ATTACK®] Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20+4 = 14]
Attack 14 → [at Blood Mosquito 6] [HIT]
Borolo: [DAMAGE®] Light Crossbow [TYPE: piercing] [1d6 = 5]
Damage 5 → [to Blood Mosquito 6] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Jocelyn
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 19]
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 3]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] dagger (2) [1d202 = 16]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] dagger [MIN DMG ADJ 1] [1d4 = 1]
Damage 1 → [to Blood Mosquito 6]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] sneak attack [MOD2:STR] [1d6 = 6]
Damage 6 → [to Blood Mosquito 6] [DYING]
[TURN] Borolo
Borolo: [ATTACK®] Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20
4 = 13]
Attack 13 → [at Blood Mosquito 4] [MISS]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 1
GM: [GM] [DAMAGE (M)] Proboscis [1d4 = 4]
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 16]
Magnis: [SKILL] Concentration [MOD:CON] [1d20+2 = 6]
GM: [GM] [DAMAGE (M)] Proboscis [1d4 = 1]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 2
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 16]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 2]
[TURN] Lee Dejjin
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 4
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 13]
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [DAMAGE (M)] Proboscis [1d4 = 2]
Borolo: Pull back into the room, we can defend ourselves in there!
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [1d4 = 3]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 3
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 7]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 5
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 5]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Quaril
Quaril: [CAST] Mage Armor 0
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin (yelling): GET IN THE ROOM! I’ll handle the bugs coming in with my spear!!!
Quaril: [SKILL] Concentration [MOD:CON] [1d20+6 = 23]
Quaril: I do not believe in my current stuation I am afforded such luxeries.
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] dagger [1d20 = 16]
Attack 16 → [at Blood Mosquito 5] [HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] dagger [1d4-1 = 1]
Damage 1 → [to Blood Mosquito 5]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] sneak attack [MOD2:STR] [1d6 = 4]
Damage 4 → [to Blood Mosquito 5] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Borolo
Borolo: [ATTACK®] Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20+4 = 15]
Attack 15 → [at Blood Mosquito 1] [HIT]
Borolo: [DAMAGE®] Light Crossbow [TYPE: piercing] [1d6 = 1]
Damage 1 → [to Blood Mosquito 1] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 1
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 10]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 2
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 12]
[TURN] Lee Dejjin
[w] Jocelyn: this is going a lot smoother…meaning the software and working together, etc.
Lee Dejjin: BOROLO!!! OUT OF THE WAY!!
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear [1d20+5 = 18]
Lee Dejjin: [DAMAGE (M)] Longspear [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing] [1d8+6 = 9]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 4
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 18]
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: 1 [1d41 = 3]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 3
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 19]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 1]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Quaril
Quaril: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20 = 17]
Quaril: [1d6 = 5]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] dagger (2) [1d202 = 11]
Attack 11 → [at Blood Mosquito 4] [MISS]
[TURN] Borolo
Quaril: I would hapily take a nice nap, if you could boro!
[w] Jocelyn: I glance at the body we dragged out to see if the ice is melting?
[w] → Jocelyn: it is
Borolo: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+1 = 19]
Attack 19 → [at Blood Mosquito 3] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Borolo: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [CONFIRM] [1d20+1 = 12]
Attack 12 → [at Blood Mosquito 3] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Borolo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d4-1 = 1]
Damage 1 → [to Blood Mosquito 3] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 2
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 11]
[TURN] Lee Dejjin
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear [1d20+5 = 25]
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear [CONFIRM] [1d20+5 = 24]
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin: [DAMAGE (M)] Longspear [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing] [1d8+6 = 12]
Lee Dejjin: [DAMAGE (M)] Longspear [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing] [1d8+6 = 10]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 4
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 2]
[TURN] Magnis
Borolo: Charm Person – Makes one person your friend.
1d4+1 damage; 1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
Magnis: +1 [1d4
1 = 4]
Magnis: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 3]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Quaril
Quaril: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20 = 14]
Quaril: [1d6 = 1]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] dagger [1d20 = 5]
Attack 5 → [at Blood Mosquito 4] [MISS]
[TURN] Borolo
[w] Jocelyn: the frozen body had a short sword on him if I remember correctly?
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 2
GM: [GM] Original attack = 20+0=20
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 20]
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [CONFIRM] [1d20 = 6]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 2]
[TURN] Lee Dejjin
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear [1d20+5 = 8]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 4
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [SKILL] Concentration [MOD:CON] [1d20+2 = 9]
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 5]
Magnis: [DAMAGE] Acid Splash [TYPE: acid,spell] [1d6 = 1]
Campaign saved.
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Quaril
Quaril: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] (2) [1d202 = 4]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] dagger (2) [1d202 = 22]
Attack 22 → [at Blood Mosquito 4] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] dagger (2) [CONFIRM] [1d202 = 20]
Attack 20 → [at Blood Mosquito 4] [CRITICAL HIT]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] dagger [1d4-1 = 3]
Damage 3 → [to Blood Mosquito 4] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] dagger [1d4-1 = 1]
Damage 1 → [to Blood Mosquito 4]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] sneak attack [MOD2:STR] [1d6 = 5]
Damage 5 → [to Blood Mosquito 4] [DYING]
[TURN] Borolo
[w] Jocelyn: did you see my question about the short sword?
Borolo: [ATTACK®] Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] (-4) [1d20 = 17]
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: yes it does
Borolo: [DAMAGE®] Light Crossbow [TYPE: piercing] [1d6 = 2]
Damage 2 → [to Blood Mosquito 2]
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 2
[w] Jocelyn: ok, thanks…how melted is it looking now?
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Proboscis [1d20 = 13]
[TURN] Lee Dejjin
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear [1d20+5 = 6]
Lee Dejjin: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+3 = 4]
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+5 = 24]
[TURN] Magnis
[w] → Jocelyn: you can begin to make out that he was human
Magnis: [DAMAGE] Acid Splash [TYPE: acid,spell] [1d6 = 3]
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Quaril
Quaril: [ATTACK (M)] Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20 = 12]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: /w gm ok, the intent was to see if I can retrieve the short sword from the scabbard…to use until we make it back to town since I gave up the rapier
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Tumble [MOD:DEX] [1d20+4 = 17]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] dagger (2) [1d202 = 11]
Attack 11 → [at Blood Mosquito 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Borolo
Quaril: S’all good josy, this enemy has naught a chance lol
[GM] [TURN] Blood Mosquito 2
Borolo: [SKILL] Spot [MOD:WIS] [1d20+4 = 14]
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+6 = 14]
Lee Dejjin: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+4 = 10]
[TURN] Lee Dejjin
Quaril: [SKILL] Spot [MOD:WIS] [1d20+1 = 17]
Quaril (Quaril): Anything else threatening?
[w] Jocelyn: I head out to look for a possible nest and what it might contain?
Borolo: retrieves his rapier.
Lee Dejjin: We need to go. We have the body, let’s leave.
[w] → Jocelyn: make an int check
Jocelyn: [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+3 = 17]
Quaril: Would you do us the pleasure of carying the frosted man?
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin: Surely.
[w] → Jocelyn: you figure that would be folly as they come from across the water
Jocelyn: the body is melting…maybe we should wait so it won’t be as heavy
Quaril: Why thank you.
Quaril: He’s a big man. He’ll be alright.
Lee Dejjin: heaves corpse onto shoulders in fireman’s carry.
Borolo: I don’t want to wait here any longer than I have to.
Lee Dejjin: begins walking down trail towards boat
Borolo: So where are we going to make camp? Think we can get back to the boat before it gets too dark?
Quaril: Have you seen the way he handles that spear of his?
Jocelyn: hold up lee
Jocelyn: please
Jocelyn: runs to catch up to lee
Lee Dejjin: SHUT UP ABOUT THE SPEAR
Jocelyn: retrieves the short sword from his scabbard
Lee Dejjin: IT WAS NOT INTENDED!!!
Quaril: The camp is a good question.
Jocelyn: if no one minds, I would like to use this until we are safely back in town
GM: You see the initials AR on the hilt of the blade
Jocelyn: I will gladly give it up once we are safe in our port
Lee Dejjin: I DON’T CARE!! SHUT UP ABOUT MY SPEAR!!!!
Quaril: That sounds about right, I don’t mind if you use a dead mans weapon.
Jocelyn: I just want something a little more damaging then these hunting knives
GM: Jocelyn now has a short sword
Quaril: Shall we make camp here?
Quaril: or continue onward to our destination?
Borolo: Let’s scamper, kids.
[w] Jocelyn: how far back did the grass go behind the temple before it hits water?
GM: iT APPEARS lEE IS SETTING A FAST PACE BACK TOWARD THE BOAT
Quaril: Okay. let’s move. I must say tho, In a fight I may not be of much use.
[w] → Jocelyn: it goes all around the temple
Magnis follows in behind Lee
Lee Dejjin: SHUT UP ABOUT THE GODDAMN SPEAR!!!!
[w] Jocelyn: ok, was just checking
Borolo: Lee, nobody’s said anything about your hilariously broken spear in like ten minutes.
Quaril: we did, good fellow, we did. It was a compliment.
Jocelyn: picks up spear fragment before leaving temple
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: as you exit the temple, make a spot check
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Spot [MOD:WIS] [1d20+5 = 19]
Lee Dejjin: BOROLO, IF YOU DON’T SHUT UP, I WILL KILL YOU!!!! THAT WAS MY SECOND FAVORITE WEAPON, AND NOW IT’S BROKEN!!!
Quaril: I wonder what he was doing in that room?
Lee Dejjin: sobs
[w] → Jocelyn: the skin upon your neck stands up on edge and your stomach turns briefly…also, all teh birds and insects have stopped buzzzzing, al you here are the footsteps of your comrades moving away
Lee Dejjin (sobbing): ….poor Eliza…
[w] Jocelyn: how far behind them am I ?
Lee Dejjin (sobbing): …I’m so, so sorry
[w] → Jocelyn: about 20yards
[w] Jocelyn: I walk slowly and search the sky, grass, land, water, etc. to see or hear if something is nearby
[w] → Jocelyn: you dont see anything, it was…just a feeling as you moved further away
Quaril: did anyone see anything else in there?
Borolo: Oh! On the wall.
Borolo: “Awaken the sleepers”
Borolo: Written in blood. Cryptic, no?
Jocelyn: keeps a close eye on everything as I follow the trail
Magnis: Better let things sleep?
Quaril: Was this by the alter or in the “cold room”?
Borolo: It was in the dirty cell next to the cold one
Campaign saved.
Quaril: Sounds delightful. I would say we better not be caught by ourselves.
Borolo: I’m guessing it was either a swampman or our frozen friend here.
Campaign saved.
Quaril (Quaril): so magnis, quaril, lee, borrolo, josy
Jocelyn: that is the order of watch
Borolo: fine with me
Lee Dejjin: Ok
Campaign saved.
Magnis Settles in for watch
Jocelyn: finds a spot to curl up and crashes
Borolo: removes his armor and curls up until his turn
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 9]
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 15]
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 10]
[w] Jocelyn: I keep the short sword laying right next to me with the hilt within quick reach
[w] → Jocelyn: alright
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 4]
Lee Dejjin: takes out sword and shield
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 8]
Meryl Dunestal: [GM] [1d20 = 1]
[w] Quaril: I would like to search what I am assuming is his now unfrozen body
Lee Dejjin (asks): Has anyone seen my coinpurse? It had a good bit of money in it.
Lee Dejjin: [1d20 = 6]
Jocelyn: you still worrying about your coinpurse, lee ??
Lee Dejjin: Umm, yes..
Borolo: If nobody has rope we can go look for some vines
Jocelyn: you sure you didn’t leave it in your room back in town?
Lee Dejjin: Yes.
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin: Quite sure.
Quaril: Vines dont sound half bad.
Lee Dejjin: I’d like to search EVERYONE.
Lee Dejjin: for my coinpurse.
Jocelyn: maybe it fell off while we fought the lizards yesterday…I will take a look around to see if I can find it
Magnis: Maybe you dropped it yesterday?
Lee Dejjin: Meh.
[w] → Jocelyn: he had on his standard explorers outfit and his backpack with standfard equipment
Lee Dejjin: looks for vines in the area
Jocelyn: so you are accusing a party member of stealing your coinpurse?
Lee Dejjin: [SKILL] Search [MOD:INT] [1d20+2 = 7]
Lee Dejjin: Maybe.
Lee Dejjin: [SKILL] Search [MOD:INT] [1d20+2 = 19]
[w] Quaril: could I search the now unfrozen (I assume) body?
Jocelyn: do you really want to do that?
Lee Dejjin: I don’t know, maybe the lizardfolk stole it.
Lee Dejjin: I just would like to check.
Lee Dejjin: [SKILL] Survival [MOD:WIS] [1d20-1 = 9]
Borolo: [SKILL] Survival [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 12]
Quaril: [SKILL] Search [MOD:INT] [1d20+3 = 15]
Jocelyn: hands over Almus’ hunting knife to whoever is getting vines
[w] → Quaril: yes, but it already looks looked over
[w] Jocelyn: I examine the rusty one carefully…is it really rusty or just made to look that way? perhaps dried blood that looks like rust?
Borolo: ok, let’s tie the boats together and follow the north shore back to kith’takaros
[w] → Jocelyn: its just rusty, like it had not been taken care of
Quaril: anyone know how to use the vines as rope?
Magnis: I haven’t the slightest idea, more of a city mage myself
[w] Jocelyn: ok, does it look like it could be repaired? a whetstone, etc.?
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin: [SKILL] Use Rope [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 21]
Lee Dejjin: Maybe….
Quaril: [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+1 = 21]
Jocelyn: ties a good knot on one end of the rope
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Use Rope [MOD:DEX] [1d20+6 = 13]
Quaril: lets set off
Borolo: I’ll go with lee, because I’m tiny and he’s fat
Quaril: I think I could push us home.
Quaril: I’ll take the first boat.
Magnis: I shall ride with the second
Jocelyn: quaril, myself and almus will be in the first boat
Lee Dejjin: I’m not fat!!!
Lee Dejjin: grabs gnome by the scruff of the neck
Lee Dejjin: [GRAPPLE] Grapple [1d20+5 = 24]
Borolo: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+2 = 13]
Lee Dejjin: drops him
Lee Dejjin: gets in the boat
Lee Dejjin (mumbling): fat my ass….
Borolo: It is.
Campaign saved.
[w] Quaril: how thoroughly did he look searched? (I am talking with josy atm)
Lee Dejjin: slaps dwarf
Lee Dejjin: or gnome. whatever
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+5 = 20]
[w] → Borolo: you got slapped by Lee, you should cast a spell on him
Jocelyn: come on guys, we are burning daylight
[w] Borolo: I’mma sleep him and go through his stuff, possibly steal his pants
[w] Borolo: he’s not helping pole, is he?
Borolo: anyway conceal spellcasting when I do it
[w] Borolo: oh my that was meant to be a secret
Quaril (Quaril): I am poling
Quaril (Quaril): the first boat
Jocelyn: in honor or Doran, we must not waste daylight !!!
Lee Dejjin: [SAVE] Will [1d20-1 = 18]
Magnis: Ahh, it is a wonerous sight! Civilization!
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin: departs toward transient guild
Quaril: interesting. I wonder what poor almus here, was sent to find?
Borolo: that spring, no?
[w] Jocelyn: takes Doran’s cloak to give back to any family he might have
Quaril: I doubt it.
Borolo: most of this water is nasty and brackish, fresh water is valuable
Quaril: His being looked thoroughly searched.
Quaril: we shall ask when we return.
Campaign saved.
Borolo: Let’s find Meryl and debrief
Guard Temmy: Whoa there mates
Quaril: Hail, fine …guard?
Guard Temmy: Ill take ya in to see Meryl
Magnis: Yes, agreed. Lets find Meryl
Guard Temmy: Follow me then lads and lass
Quaril: Thank you good man!
Jocelyn: follows guard Temmy
Lee Dejjin: follows
GM: The Guard takes you into the Main guildhouse and lets you into Meryl’s dining chamber
Borolo: struts. (Following)
Jocelyn: grabs a chair and puts it against a wall and sits
Quaril: are we to dine here again?
Magnis smiling, nose raised in the air
Jocelyn: I am too sweaty and unfit to be sitting at a dining table at the moment
Guard Temmy: I do not know sir
Quaril: I do enjoy it in this place
Lee Dejjin: pulls up a chair and sits
Guard Temmy: when he sees that your all in, the guard leaves
GM: when he sees that your all in, the guard leaves
Lee Dejjin: zones out…..
Borolo: casts Prestidigitation and cleans Jocelyn’s clothes, then his own
Quaril: [SKILL] Spellcraft [MOD:INT] [1d20+7 = 8]
Jocelyn: thank you
Lee Dejjin: snaps back
Lee Dejjin: notices clothes
GM: Meryl strolls in moving quickly and closes the door behind him
Quaril: If you could et mine as well that would be lovely.
Lee Dejjin: Could you clean mine?
Jocelyn: stands
Jocelyn: waits for Merly to sit before sitting again
Quaril: Meryl! It is good to see you again.
Magnis gives a slot bow to Meryl
Lee Dejjin (serious): Hello, Meryl.
Meryl Dunestal: I am glad to see that you have return, however I do not see Doran…did he not come with you?
Lee Dejjin: stands
Jocelyn: he fell just as we landed, unfortunately
Campaign saved.
Quaril: Unfortunately his fate
Quaril: was not kind to him.
Borolo: Doran was killed by wildlife and pulled into the water, we have a fragment of his cloak but found nothing else.
Jocelyn: walks over to Meryl and hands Doran’s cloak to him
Lee Dejjin: Meryl, do you know anything of a sword with a wolf’s head on the hilt?
GM: Meryl’s expression changed suddenly but very briefly he looked sad.
Jocelyn: this is all that I could find of him under the water…I wish I could have saved him
GM: He takes the cloak and looks it over a moment
Borolo: I assume you’ve been told Almus is dead as well?
Meryl Dunestal: Well, whats done is done, he was a good lad
Magnis nods in agreement
Meryl Dunestal: I have, now that’s 2 good men
Magnis: yes, he was
Lee Dejjin (annoyed): Dammit Meryl, answer my question!!!
Jocelyn: places the shortsword on the table in front of Meryl
GM: Meryl looks up sharply at lee.
Jocelyn: this was Almus’ as well…I needed to use it since I gave up my weapon for safe passage…it is undamaged
Meryl Dunestal: You’ll mind your tongue boy, and speak when i give you leave, you are in my home now
Borolo: We found his boat tied at Stonefall Point, and a trail leading to the south.
Borolo: It lead to a clearing with a freshwater spring. There was evidence of a fight
Lee Dejjin: sits down calmly
Quaril: we came to the temple shortly after
Jocelyn: we found his hunting knife in the fountain
GM: Meryl nods to what he is hearing.
Borolo: We spoke to some of the natives, they spoke of a “Dark Man” who may have done this.
Jocelyn: these are the natives I gave my rapier to for safe passage
Meryl Dunestal: Did you find any Swamp Plants near teh spring?
Jocelyn: no
Quaril: I do not beleive we thought to look.
Jocelyn: but I don’t think anyone was thinking about that at that time
Borolo: None of us are botanists, I’m not sure we’d know which ones you would be interested in
Jocelyn: we were still in a hurry to find Almus
Meryl Dunestal: I see…What about the cold room, what can you tell me about it/
Jocelyn: besides, your new friend lee over there thought he would be funny and try to shove me in the pool…he went in himself instead
Jocelyn: I took damage just from being in there it was that cold
Campaign saved.
Borolo: Clearly magical, and I’m not sure he’s the only one who has died that way
Meryl Dunestal: Well I had hoped him going alogn with you would teach him a few things
Jocelyn: I tried to chip away at the ice to get to Almus…he was frozen with his back to the wall
Meryl Dunestal: What kind of Magic?
Borolo: Transmutation, and powerful
Meryl Dunestal: I see…we’ve all had little contact with the swampmen, did they make any overtly agressive moves?
Borolo: When we arrived we heard a scout from the Jade Leaf talking about another frozen man in what I assume is the same temple
Lee Dejjin (nervous): Can we.. not talk about the cold room?
Meryl Dunestal: You can speak about it as you wish
Lee Dejjin: shivers involuntarily
Jocelyn: we investigated as much as we could but we kept getting attacked by large mosquites so we got out at the first sign of clear passage
Borolo: They swampmen were threatening but not aggressive
Lee Dejjin: snickers
Quaril: May I ask what he was searching for?
Lee Dejjin: They were like bunnies!!
Jocelyn: the kept saying “shiny metal”
Borolo: they didn’t appreciate the use of magic and they were clearly terrified of the temple
Lee Dejjin: The swampmen were nothing!!
Meryl Dunestal: Hmm…
Quaril: He looks like he has been killed, and then frozen.
Jocelyn: I gave them my dagger but it wasn’t shiny enough so I gave them my rapier…that seemed to appease them
Lee Dejjin: slaps knee laughing
Quaril: and his body thoroughly searched beforehand.
Meryl Dunestal: Well this is disturbing news to say the least
Jocelyn: lee, I would suggest minding your manners !!!
Meryl Dunestal: Find somethign funny boy? Two men have died
Lee Dejjin: No, just the swampmen, sir
Borolo: Don’t worry about him, he’s just a sociopath.
Jocelyn: I apologize, Meryl
Meryl Dunestal: Well take them lightly and you might find yourself tied to a spit over a flame
Lee Dejjin: Sociopath is a bit of a broad term…
Magnis: Sir, we nearly died as well.
Jocelyn: his boat is tied up at the docks next to the one you provided, by the way
Lee Dejjin: And those swampmen were scared to death of me.
Meryl Dunestal: Well i’ll not have any of you going near that temple
Jocelyn: lee, shut up now !!
Meryl Dunestal: I’ll not lose another man over this expedition
Lee Dejjin: They were!!
Quaril: May I ask sir what the expidition was?
Lee Dejjin: Grinding their teeth and such..
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: how would you know anyway…all you cared about while we were talking to them was finding your stupid coinpurse
GM: Meryl gives lee, a long, forlorn look
Meryl Dunestal: We were interested in the Spring
Jocelyn: I drank from it…nothing bad happened to me that I am aware of
Quaril: The spring may be near the temple, but it is not the source of these deaths.
Lee Dejjin: shuts up
Meryl Dunestal: Well, thats one way to test teh waters eh?
Lee Dejjin: zones out….
Quaril: It is still pluasible to use it for whatever use you may need it for.
[w] Jocelyn: is lee roleplaying or just being stupid here??
Borolo: Sir, do the words “Awaken the Sleepers” mean anything to you?
Borolo: I saw them written on the wall of the temple
Quaril: I myself would like to examine the natural fauna covering the area for magical educational purposes.
[w] → Jocelyn: a little bit of both..his character has certain quirks but he, as a person is immature
[w] Jocelyn: ok, I figured some of it was roleplaying but if he takes it too far it could get ugly
[w] → Jocelyn: im probably going to boot him fromt eh campaign
Jocelyn: so how do you propose doing that if you won’t want anyone to go back there?
Meryl Dunestal: That wont be possible, Quaril
Meryl Dunestal: Our men will look to that
Meryl Dunestal: but, let it not be said that I do not appreciate your efforts
GM: Meryl drops 5 purses upon the table in front of you
GM: They cheerfully chink with the sound of coins inside
Lee Dejjin: snaps back, grabs coinpurse.
Jocelyn: thank you, Meryl and sorry we couldn’t bring either Almus or Doran back alive
Lee Dejjin: Thanks, sir.
Magnis grabs eagerly at a coinpurse and lifts it to his nose
Magnis: ahhh, pay day!
Quaril: I am to assume these include our bonuses as well?
Jocelyn: slowly takes a coinpurse and nods to Meryl
Campaign saved.
Quaril: Thank you
Borolo: takes his reward.
Magnis: oh yes, thank you
Quaril: retrieves coinpurse
GM: Each purse has 100gp in it
Magnis quietly opens purse to count the coins
Jocelyn: thanks Meryl again and leaves the room…looking for a guard to take me to the female wing and a room
Lee Dejjin: OH BY THE GODS Thank you!!!
Meryl Dunestal: I offer you free hospitality for your help
Meryl Dunestal: Stay as long as you require
Lee Dejjin: heads back to his room, saying thanks again as he leaves.
Quaril: Thank you meryl. your aid is appreciated. shall you need any further asistance do not hesitate t ask.
Jocelyn: hands lee the broken half of the spear as we head out
Lee Dejjin: He deposits all but 10 gp into his chest
Jocelyn: here, lee, maybe you can get your spear fixed
Lee Dejjin: Thank you, jocelyn.
Magnis follows the group out

Lee Dejjin: he deposits all but 10 gp into his chest
Jocelyn: after getting a room, takes a long bath then has some food sent to my room afterwords
Borolo: takes a long nap.
Lee Dejjin: leaves for the market to find someone to fix his spear
[w] Quaril: who all is still in the dining room?
[w] > Quaril: just Meryl
Quaril: This is quite a room you have here meryl, may I stay a second or to and look around?
GM: Meryl just nods, lost in thought…after a moment he leaves quickly
Campaign saved.
[w] Quaril: detect magic
[w] Jocelyn: did he take Doran’s cloak with him or leave it on the table?
[w] → Quaril: you dont see any atm
Lee Dejjin: [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+2 = 12]
[w] Quaril: K!
Magnis: heads off to his room.
Quaril: hey borolo?
Borolo: wassi?
Quaril: I noticed you using a crossbow out there. How might that work for you?
Borolo: Pretty well most of the time, gotta be careful though
[w] → Jocelyn: he took it with him
Borolo: triky once things go hand to hand
[w] Jocelyn: after my meal, I head out and find a guard within the halls
Quaril: I was thinking about going out to get me one.
Quaril: Would you like to come and help me search?
Campaign saved.
Borolo: Eh, I guess. I need more bolts anyway
Quaril: Wonderful!
Quaril: come, come, let us embark.
Borolo: Let’s check that market by the docks.
Borolo: embarks.
Dorian Orsova: You there, I’ll have a word with you
Quaril: Dorian?!
GM: The man nods
Dorian Orsova: I see you have taken up with Meryl eh?
Borolo: Dude serves a mean fruit punch
[w] → Jocelyn: you can find a guard easily
Quaril: He is the first to have greeted us upon our arrival
Dorian Orsova: No, i believe I have that…honor
GM: He looks you up and down
Borolo: Oh! The law-man
Quaril: and here I had almost forgotten you.
Borolo: Is there a problem?
Campaign saved.
Lee Dejjin: goes back too room, takes one gp, then goes to the Sheltering Frond for a drink.
[w] Jocelyn: I tell the guard that I have lost my weapon for the betterment of Meryl’s quest and would like to replace it with a nice rapier if he would be so kind as to direct me to someone that could help me
Quaril: Well, what is this word you shall have with us?
Quaril: I do believe we should be friends as well :)
Dorian Orsova: Well, if you have an eye for coin, i have work
Quaril: What work might this be?
Dorian Orsova: To the point, I like that
Dorian Orsova: I wish you and your companions to investigate a suspected poacher base
Quaril: Poacher, I am begining to believe you mean poaching plants?
Dorian Orsova: Well ofcourse
Borolo: Just beginning?
Dorian Orsova: Ruffians who do nto respect the laws of Kith’takharos
Quaril: I see.
Borolo: Anyway investigation is right up my street. What are the terms of the job?
Quaril: Details?
Dorian Orsova: The fee is 50 Gold for each man who accompanies you
Dorian Orsova: And we will supply a boat, one of our crossbows, and supplies
Borolo: You hear that? Crossbows.
Quaril: I have been in need of a crossbow.
Campaign saved.
Dorian Orsova: Well thsi is is mounted to the boat…I doubt one usch as you to be able to load it
Borolo: I thought you said investigate? What are we going to need a seige weapon for?
Quaril: I am a bit offended, but I can understand you veiwpoint.
Dorian Orsova: The swamp is a dangerous place…if you gone out there you know
Quaril: ha, if it isnt the lizards, it the mosquotios
Borolo: Fair enough! What kind of supplies are we talking about?
Dorian Orsova: provisions, ropes, healing potions
Quaril: Wonderful, we shall gather a party.
Borolo: How about a healing wand? Can you swing one of those?
Dorian Orsova: Very well then, take this map, it will get you in the general direction of where we think they might be…there is a ruined bridge nearby as well, might be worth taking a tlook at
GM: He does not appear to even address your request
Quaril: Where will we be able to find the boat and supplies?
Quaril: and when shall they be ready?
Dorian Orsova: Ill have a man looking out for your group, it willbe ready
[w] Lee Dejjin: does Lee find anyone interesting at the Sheltering Frond? Any weird folks? strange things?
Quaril: Very well. You are of the leaf order correct?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Lee Dejjin: give me a moment, we will run thru that
Dorian Orsova: I am, the order sir
Campaign saved.
Quaril: Then after it is completed we shall look for you there.
Quaril: anything you would like to add before we depart Boro?
Dorian Orsova: Indeed
Dorian Orsova: Be careful and well rested before you go
GM: With that he departs
[w] → Jocelyn: he says he will bring you one from their own armory
[w] → Jocelyn: since you lost yours in the service of the guild
[w] Jocelyn: tells him that is very kind of them and offers some coin for the guild…asks how much he would like?
[w] → Jocelyn: the guard will not take your money
[w] Jocelyn: thanks him again and says to have it sent to my room
[w] Jocelyn: asks where to find a good set of armor in this town?
[w] Jocelyn: leather or studded mainly
[w] → Jocelyn: The last stop will have what you need, he tells you
[w] → Jocelyn: then steps away
[w] Jocelyn: thanks him again and heads towards the last stop
[w] Jocelyn: will be looking for anyone with obvious jewelry that might be worth snatching up on the way
[w] → Lee Dejjin: ok when you approach the sheltering frond, you are met by a, large Orc at the door
[w] Jocelyn: or a coin purse that is visible on a belt
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: you find a mechant who is bent over attempting the fix a wheel of their cart, he is wearing a very nice gold chain, with some kind of blue gem
[w] Jocelyn: is he alone ?
Lee Dejjin: Hello, good Orc. Please allow me entrance
[w] Jocelyn: looking for big bodyguards, etc.
[w] → Jocelyn: he has one but the guard is also helping fix the wheel
GM: The Broad Orc looks you over
Lee Dejjin: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20-1 = 14]
[w] Jocelyn: attempts to swipe the necklace and if they notice, I will try to bluff, asking if they need help, etc.
Gurzy: You look as if you’ve slept in a barn or worse
Gurzy: perhaps you should try there for a room?
[w] Jocelyn: only armed with a dagger in one boot and the rusty hunting knife in the other right now
[w] → Jocelyn: make a roll
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Sleight of Hand [MOD:DEX] [1d20+15 = 27]
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 1]
Lee Dejjin: I just would like a drink, okay? I have money, no trouble.
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
[w] → Jocelyn: you are successful
[w] Jocelyn: normally need a 20 to grab something that is attended
Lee Dejjin: So let me in.
[w] Jocelyn: pockets it immediately and keeps walking towards the last stop
Campaign saved.
Gurzy: Hah, not here son, not dressed like that, carrying weapons…
[w] Jocelyn: by the way…along the way I empty Lee’s coins into my purse and throw is empty purse away when no one is looking
[w] Jocelyn: his empty
Lee Dejjin: Will you hold them for me, then?
Gurzy: What do I look like, a valet? Be gone with ya or do I need to make myself…more clear?
Lee Dejjin: Because I can put these to good use on some insolent greenskin who can’t just let a man into a damn bar!!
Lee Dejjin: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 18]
[w] Jocelyn: foolish boy
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 1]
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+6 = 12]
Campaign saved.
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
Gurzy: [GM] [1d4 = 2]
Lee Dejjin: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+6 = 12]
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
Gurzy: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
Gurzy: [GM] [1d4 = 1]
[w] Jocelyn: you enjoying this?
[w] → Jocelyn: not really, its taking time out of game play
[w] Jocelyn: borolo already asked me if I would bail him out of prison…we both said no and I added because he is an idiot for what he did
[w] Jocelyn: after awhile on my trip, I appraise the necklace when no one appears to be looking
Jocelyn: hey guys
Quaril: hey Josy
Quaril: waves
Quaril: Hey, you think you could get me a good deal on a crossbow?
Jocelyn: came looking for some armor…what are you guys looking for?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: I can try
Quaril: crossbow
Quaril: you seem a bit better with the people here.
Jocelyn: walks around checking out any visible crossbows
Alma: Come in, Come in!
Quaril: Hello!
Jocelyn: greetings
GM: The man behind the large, counter beckons you
Jocelyn: I was told you have the best armor and weapons in town in here
Alma: So good to see travelers here at the last stop…take a look, i have alot in stock
Jocelyn: where is your best crossbow, good man?
Alma: Oh i do i do…take a look…
Quaril: I am looking for a light crossbow, if I may.
GM: He motions you to a large table against the right wall
Jocelyn: heads over there with Quaril
Alma: Crossbows, bows and ammo are over here
Jocelyn: which one do you like, Quaril?
GM: He directs you to several pegs upon teh wall where many weapons are hanging
Borolo: Where are the shields? I could use a buckler.
[w] Quaril: detect magic lol
GM: The table has different kinds of armor, a light chain is to the right and leathers both light and heavier looking
Quaril: gives a quick look around the store then back at the wall.
[w] → Quaril: no magic here
Quaril: do you make all these yourself?
Alma: Oh no no no, I dont have the arms you see
Borolo: brings one buckler and 14 bolts to the counter.
Alma: but I buy from the locals and from Port lissup
Borolo: How much for these?
Campaign saved.
Quaril: picks up a bundle of bolts and a light crossbow
Quaril: gets in line behind boro
Alma: Hmm, how does 18gp grab ya?
Alma: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
Borolo: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+1 = 13]
Borolo: That’ll work.
Alma: Good, good, fine quality that buckler
Borolo: pays, acquires.
Alma: Well, have you seen our selection? We have hand crossbows, light crossbows, repeating crossbows?
SLASH COMMANDS [required] <optional>
-
———————
/clear
/console
/day
/die [NdN+N] <message>
/emote [message]
/export
/exportchar
/exportchar [name]
/flushdb
/gmid [name]
/identity [name]
/importchar
/lighting [RGB hex value]
/mod [N] <message>
/mood [mood] <message>
/mood ([multiword mood]) <message>
/ooc [message]
/night
/reload
/reply [message]
/save
/story [message]
/vote <message>
/whisper [character] [message]
Quaril: as delightful as those may be, I am not entirely sure how to use them.
Alma: this one looks like it will fit you nicely
‘pcs23’ disconnected
Quaril: It looks decent. I should be able to figure it out in time.
GM: He holds up a hand crossbow
Quaril: may I try I once or twice?
Alma: Only 110gp
Alma: Quite a bargain
Jocelyn: my good man, I am sure we can make a better deal then that
Alma: its sleek design, and smaller profile make it nice for those all day adventures
Borolo: things don’t hardly sting though, I’d get a bigger one
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+10 = 11]
Campaign saved.
Quaril: I am not sure I can use it though.
Quaril: Borolo here should be able to teach me how to use a light crossbow.
Alma: Would ya now, well ill have you know that this one was sanctioned by the Order of the Jade leaf themselves, Dorian Orsova has one just like this
Alma: Come now, everyone can use it, ya point and shoot
Jocelyn: you are right, and that is a fair price
Borolo: Stick with the light crossbow, seriously.
Borolo: It hits twice as hard.
Quaril: If you are insisting so, Would you let me test it once?
Alma: To you not take me word for it?
GM: begins to look offended
Quaril: merely my friend borolo has never failed me in the past.
Alma: Hmm…alright…alright
Alma: One light crossbow
Quaril: and he told me I should get a light crossbow for my many adventures.
Quaril: [SKILL] Bluff [MOD:CHA] [1d20+10 = 12]
Alma: that will be 55gp and ill throw a set fo bollts in for free
Quaril: Josy?
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+10 = 22]
Alma: [GM] [1d20 = 1]
Jocelyn: that seems a little overpriced…I am sure you could lower it a little
Alma: Hmm…I like the look of ye, ya have an honest face, this one ill let go for….45gpp
Jocelyn: we will be back to spend more money here and tell everyone we know about this place
Alma: *gp
Jocelyn: pay the man, Quaril
Campaign saved.
Quaril: 45 it is.
Alma: Very good and here is your bolts and case
Jocelyn: thank you kind sir, you are worth the visit for sure !!
Quaril: wonderful. you have a wonderful day sir. we shall be back.
Alma: Enjoy friends and come back soon!
Quaril: if you ever need anything, be sure to look us up!
GM: Alma waves and he slides the coins off of the table
[w] Jocelyn: I keep an eye out for the merchant and his bodyguard on the way back to my room
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘Travis’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Travis’ disconnected
Quaril: might we be able to push our start and ending times forward like a half hour?
Campaign saved.
‘Quaril’ disconnected
‘Jocelyn’ disconnected

Adventure Log 4

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega