Adventure Log 6

[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: continues climbing up
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20+6 = 12]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] (4) [1d2010 = 16]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+8 = 25]
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we have a female hostage up here !!!!
[TURN] Boro
Boro continues climbing.
Boro: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20+3 = 4]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
Poacher: Bahhrrrr, another one, We be done fer!
Poacher: [GM] [ATTACK®] Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 15]
[TURN] Thalia
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20-6 = -4]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Jocelyn
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
Poacher: [GM] [ATTACK®] Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 20]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [1d20+6 = 9]
Attack 9 → [at Poacher 2] [MISS]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [1d20+6 = 26]
Attack 26 → [at Poacher 1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [CONFIRM] [1d20+6 = 8]
Attack 8 → [at Poacher 1] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+2 = 3]
Damage 3 → [to Poacher 1] [DYING]
[TURN] Boro
Campaign saved.
Boro: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20+3 = 23]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
[TURN] Thalia
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20-3 = -1]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [1d20+6 = 16]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+2 = 6]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [1d20+6 = 10]
Attack 10 → [at Poacher 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Boro
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
Boro: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+1 = 17]
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 20]
Campaign saved.
Poacher: You’ll not take me alive!
Poacher: [GM] [ATTACK®] Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 15]
Jocelyn: ok, say ‘hi’ to your ancestors for me !!
Boro: [ATTACK (M)] Greataxe [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack 14 → [at Poacher 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Thalia
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20-3 = 11]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [1d20+6 = 13]
Attack 13 → [at Poacher 2] [MISS]
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [1d20+6 = 7]
Attack 7 → [at Poacher 2] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Jocelyn: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+5 = 24]
[TURN] Boro
Boro: Have it your way, then!
Boro: [ATTACK (M)] Greataxe [1d20+5 = 6]
Attack 6 → [at Poacher 2] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Boro: Well, shit.
Boro: [ABILITY] Dexterity check [1d20+1 = 6]
Boro: [1d6 = 2]
Boro: [CMB] Grapple [1d20+5 = 14]
Combat Man. 14 → [at Poacher 2] [HIT]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
[TURN] Thalia
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20-3 = 16]
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Jocelyn
[TURN] Boro
Boro: What is it, Rungor?
Rungor: Move out of the way you you clumsy orc, ill toss ye steel up
Campaign saved.
Boro: Good man!
Boro: steps out of the path of harmful axes.
Rungor: [GM] [1d20 = 19]

Boro: checks to see if either poacher is still alive.
GM: All of the oachers are dead
GM: *Poachers
GM: She is half elf
Jocelyn: lass, are you okay?
Jocelyn: I am Jocelyn
Magnis shifts behind Jocelyn, watching over her shoulder at the captive
Jocelyn: guys, don’t forget too keep an eye out down there for crocs…we saw some enter the water when we got attacked
Thalia: I’m fine, thank you for realesing me. Are all the poachers gone?
Campaign saved.
Boro: Gone or dead, as far as I can tell.
Jocelyn: how many were there?
Jocelyn: we have killed three but one got awsay
Jocelyn: away
[w] > Thalia: if they ask you what you were doing out here, you will say that you were checking a few snares you had bought in town
Magnis: And he may bring others, we shouldn’t stay here long
Jocelyn: how did you come to be in their company ?
[w] → Thalia: you were bushwacked
Boro: searches the top of the bridge for non-rubble items.
[w] Jocelyn: I check out the deep pool…is the water clear enough to see into it?
GM: W boro yes, you find a large metal box…it is locked
[w] → Jocelyn: no
Thalia: They got me from behind while I was checking some snares.
Boro: lockbox here
Jocelyn: was anyone else with you?
Thalia: No.
Jocelyn: ok, will check the box out
[w] → Jocelyn: its deep and murky
[w] Boro: now I’m going to reach my hand down the hole to see if there’s anything down there
[w] Boro: the one that almost broke our legs
[w] Jocelyn: will stick my rapier down it while being held to see if I can reach a bottom?
[w] Thalia: Where is my bat?
Jocelyn: heads over to box to check for traps
Magnis: Let us not try our luck any more today, I suggest we leave here and seak safety nearby
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Boro: think you can pop the lock and fast?
Jocelyn: are you fit to climb down lass? we have a boat
[w] → Jocelyn: you reach in and feel that there is a space there,
Jocelyn: sure
[w] Boro: assuming I find nothing after a few seconds’ grasping, I’ll give guidance to jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: space as in I don’t hit a bottom?
Jocelyn: checks box for traps
[w] → Jocelyn: yes and its a large, square space, as if a large stone had been removed
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Disable Device [MOD:DEX] [1d20+14 = 27]
[w] → Jocelyn: you detect a trap
Thalia: Yes, I think so
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: does it appear the water might go all the way down to the surface water?
Jocelyn: stand back, there is a trap
[w] → Jocelyn: no, it seems clearer
Jocelyn: waits a few seconds for all to move back
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Disable Device [MOD:DEX] [1d20+14 = 20]
Magnis steps away
[w] → Jocelyn: the device is disbaled
Boro: another guidance for jocelyn, 1 to a check.
Jocelyn: tries to open the lock
[w] Thalia: Do I know where my familiar is?
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Disable Device [MOD:DEX] (
1) [1d20+15 = 23]
[w] → Thalia: as you stand, it flies back up to you, it had flown away
Jocelyn: was this your chest, lass ??
[w] → Jocelyn: the lock pops open
Jocelyn: opens chest and takes inventory
[w] Jocelyn: if something is small enough to hide, I will pocket it
GM: The box is well made and secured with a built-in lock. You hear no water sloshing inside, but there is some rustling and the sound of a small object moving around.
Thalia: greats the bat by stroking its head
GM: The box is lined with some sort of rubbery substance that keeps it watertight. It contains a sheaf of papers and a gold ring.
Jocelyn: pulls the papers and checks the language on it
Magnis moves near Jocelyn
Magnis: what have you found?
Jocelyn: appears to be some papers and a gold ring…this box was meant to be waterproofed
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: I cannot read this..anyone else want to try?
Jocelyn: passes papers to nearest person
Thalia: [w]whisper Jocelyn I don’t actually know
Thalia (Thalia): sorry
Magnis: This language is unfamiliar to me
Magnis turns the papers towards Thalia
Magnis: Per chance do you know what these say?
Jocelyn: everyone take a peek at these please…it could be good info for our employer
[w] Jocelyn: closely looks at the ring for runes, etc….appraises it as well
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Appraise [MOD:INT] [1d20+10 = 26]
Boro: anything on the ring?
Jocelyn: checking it out now
[w] Jocelyn: I also look for a false bottom on secret compartment within the chest
Thalia: It appears to be a historical text. It sounds like there are some ruins near by.
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we should keep these for sure…the box appears to be waterproof…can keep them in there unless someone has a case to hold papers?
Boro: I’ll carry it.
Boro: is it magical?
Jocelyn: the papers?
Magnis: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+6 = 21]
Boro: [SKILL] Knowledge (Religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+5 = 14]
[w] Jocelyn: the ring is still in my hand
Boro: Magnis, can you detect any magic on that fancy, fancy ring?
[w] Jocelyn: waiting for info from you…I know you were busy with the papers
[w] → Jocelyn: nothing new about the box
Magnis: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
[w] → Magnis: yes you do detect magic
[w] Jocelyn: appriase check of 26 on the ring incase you missed it earlier
Magnis: it appears to have magical properties
[w] → Jocelyn: i got that, its worth..ALOT
[w] → Jocelyn: magnis you detect magic fromt eh ring and from somewhaere in teh puddle
Campaign saved.
Magnis looks closer at the ring
[w] → Magnis: you detect magic from the ring and from somewhere in teh puddle
[w] Jocelyn: any tiny runes, symbols, etc.
Bishop: jocelyn yes, runes
Jocelyn: guys, the puddle seems strange as well…the opening if as if a stone was removed but no bottom…we should check it out
Magnis: I can also feel a source of magic coming from somewhere nearby, it feels as though it may be something in the puddle
Magnis: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+6 = 20]
[w] Jocelyn: are we all holding the ring or just passing it around?
[w] → Magnis: this ring is a famed Impero Orbis ring
[w] → Jocelyn: your holding it
[w] Jocelyn: ok
Magnis: I think I may know this ring
Magnis lifts it up for others to see
Magnis: It is the Impero Orbis ring
Jocelyn: lass, will you tell us your name…much too impersonal for us to keep calling you lass
Boro: I kind of like lass.
Boro: What can the ring do? It’s not cursed or anything, is it?
[w] Jocelyn: lets magnis have it for now…heads to the puddle and lowers myself in…feet first slowly to see if I can reach bottom without going in over my head
[w] → Magnis: roll spellcraft with a 4
Magnis: We should quickly check the puddle and be gone before more poachers return
Thalia: My name is Thalia. Who are you?
Jocelyn: I told you as I was untying you that I am Jocelyn
Boro: Good point.
Magnis: [SKILL] Spellcraft [MOD:INT] [1d20
8 = 27]
Boro: Oh, I’m Boro.
Jocelyn: am sure the shock of everything going on made you forget…am glad you are safe
[w] → Magnis: this Impero Orbis ring givesd 1 ac and initiative to all allies in 30; radious
Boro: The human down in the much is Rungor.
[w] Jocelyn: fyi I am 6’0 tall
[w] Magnis: I have a +8 so wasn’t sure if you wanted me to add another 4
[w] → Jocelyn: you feel your feet touch something
Jocelyn: I will check out this puddle
[w] Jocelyn: solid like stone or something not as stable?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: not so stable
[w] Jocelyn: something I think I could reach down and grab?
Magnis: I am Magnis, Thalia.
[w] → Jocelyn: yes but you will have to dive in to your legs
[w] Jocelyn: moves my feet around to guestimate size and shape if possible
Thalia: So, what are you out here looking for?
Jocelyn: takes backpack, cloak and weapons off and lays them down
Jocelyn: something is down there…I am going in after it
Magnis looks towards the direct of the escaped poacher for signs of others
Boro: let me help
Jocelyn: pull me out if I don’t come back soon
Boro: casts guidance.
[w] Jocelyn: dives in to go after object
[w] → Jocelyn: you reach and grab onto something
[w] Jocelyn: what do I think it might be guessing just by touch?
[w] → Jocelyn: well, it feels alike some sort of blanket
[w] → Jocelyn: it was stuffed down there
[w] → Jocelyn: it feels like wet wool
[w] Jocelyn: ok, will make sure it isn’t caught on anything and then pull it out along with myself
[w] → Jocelyn: it pulls up rather easily but as you move it you can tell something is wrapped up within it
[w] Jocelyn: will try to retrieve the object within…does it appear to be big or small?
Magnis: Have you found anything?
Jocelyn: still underwater I think
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: the object is wrapped nicely, the package comes free with your pulls
[w] Jocelyn: now what do I think it is ?
[w] → Jocelyn: you dont know, you cant see
[w] → Jocelyn: you will havge to surface to see
[w] Jocelyn: ok, pulls up with both blanket and object
Jocelyn: i found a blanket that had this wrapped in it
GM: Jocelyn surfaces, holding onto a wool wrapped…something
Jocelyn: pulls object out and shows it to all
Magnis leans over to look what Jocelyn has revealed
GM: You pull free a short, wooden staff, upon its end is a small, golden, grinning skull with a jesters hat upoon it
Boro: We saw that in the papers, didn’t we.
[w] Jocelyn: I don’t think the party is too trustworthy of me…Magnis likes to be on me like glue whenever I find something
Magnis: It sure looks like it
[w] → Jocelyn: well, you are a rogue
Jocelyn: hands the staff and blanket to others and pulls myself out of the water
Magnis leans forward to offer a hand to Jocelyn
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20
6 = 8]
[w] Jocelyn: true, but haven’t done anything nontrustworthy yet…but it is all good
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 20]
[w] → Boro: you immediately feel a slimy, dark shiver creep across your back
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: so the ring and staff are a set to be used together ?
Boro: This thing is… bad.
Jocelyn: what thing? the staff? the ring? both?
Boro: grabs the blanket and sets the staff on it, on the ground
[w] → Boro: you cant seem to let go of it
[w] → Boro: you will make an excuse to keep hold of it
[w] Jocelyn: at this point I will start doing a visual scan of the area…360 degrees to see if more poachers are visable
[w] Jocelyn: all three areas…land, sky, water
Magnis: The ring has no ill properties, I’d like to keep it if noone objects
[w] Boro: do I object?
Jocelyn: do you know what it does?
[w] → Boro: also, you have a temporary alignment shift to lawful Evil…you will lose all spell ability
[w] → Boro: and connection to your god
Magnis: Yes, it will protect us in combat
[w] → Boro: to what?
Magnis: not just the wearer
[w] Boro: not having the ring
[w] → Boro: no
Jocelyn: ok
[w] Jocelyn: so magnis isn’t as much untrustworthy as he is greedy…good to know
Boro: stows the staff in his pack and climbs down toward the boat.
Magnis: We should leave here, we’ve stayed too long already
[w] Boro: I have history and spellcraft, can I get any information about the staff? I assume I wouldn’t divulge it
Campaign saved.
[w] → Boro: correction, you can cast spells, but not any god aligned ones
Magnis moves towards the bridge’s edge to climb down
[w] → Boro: you could roll
[w] Boro: which?
[w] → Boro: spallcraft
Boro: [SKILL] Spellcraft [MOD:INT] [1d20+4 = 23]
Jocelyn: grabs the blanket, stuffs it into my backpack and starts climbing down
Magnis: Once we reach safety we can see if we can decern more from the papers and try to identify the nature of the staff
[w] → Boro: the staff was lost long ago. It is the shrunken skull of a fallen hero. It was creatted by the swamp men of long ago
Magnis begins climb from the bridge
[w] → Boro: it is an evil thing
Magnis: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20-3 = 10]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20+6 = 22]
Boro: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20+3 = 16]
Thalia: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] (<mesage>) [1d20+5 = 18]
Magnis scans the waters between the bridge and boat, moves forward cautiously
Jocelyn: heads to the boat and takes front center position again to be lookout
Jocelyn: where to now?
Campaign saved.
[w] Boro: do I also channel negative energy until shit get fixed?
Magnis hops in the boat
Boro gets in the boat and reloads the big crossbow.
Thalia: Climbs into the boat
[w] → Boro: yes
Jocelyn: so, Thalia, where do you hail from originally??
GM: Rungor begisn to pole North
Boro: Let’s ruin the rest of these scum.
Magnis: I think it unwise while we don’t know their numbers
Jocelyn: do you have an idea where these ruins are based on these papers?
[w] → Thalia: you do not
SLASH COMMANDS [required] <optional>
-
———————
/clear
/console
/day
/die [NdN+N] <message>
/emote [message]
/export
/exportchar
/exportchar [name]
/flushdb
/gmid [name]
/identity [name]
/importchar
/lighting [RGB hex value]
/mod [N] <message>
/mood [mood] <message>
/mood ([multiword mood]) <message>
/ooc [message]
/night
/reload
/reply [message]
/save
/story [message]
/vote <message>
/whisper [character] [message]
Thalia: I don’t know the area, so I have no idea what it references.
[w] → Thalia: you are not well versed in this area
Jocelyn: someone look at the map…does anything look familiar? landmarks, etc.?
Magnis looks over at the maps
Campaign saved.
Boro: Don’t we have the major poacher base left?
[w] → Magnis: you do nto know either really
Boro: Ruins can wait.
[w] Magnis: I have only knowledge nature, would that help to identify anything landmark wise?
Jocelyn: yes, we have not done anything for our employer yet
[w] → Magnis: know, that geography
[w] Magnis: thought so
Magnis: Looks like we may have to consult locals to better understand these maps
Jocelyn: if that is the case, then why are we heading north?
Boro: starts poling towards our planned destination.
Rungor shrugs and starts poling iin a different direction
Jocelyn: keeps a sharp eye and ear out for potention hazards in the water, on the land and in the sky while we travel
Jocelyn: potenial
GM: the day slips into early evening and you find that you might be near the shoreline you were looking for
Jocelyn: good timing…we can land and set up camp as our dayling is dwindling
Magnis: We should find a safe place to anchor and set up camp before nightfall
GM: Two boats are tethered just on shore
GM: Who ever is here, they do not appear to be worried about being found
[w] Jocelyn: is there a spot for more boats to be tethered?
Magnis points to the boats
[w] → Jocelyn: yes, it appears so
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: there are spots to thether our boat there as well…we should do that
Magnis: We should avoid detection by the owners of those boats
Jocelyn: ????
Jocelyn: you think they are unfriendly?
Boro: Considering the last tried to kill us? I do.
Jocelyn: the boats are right out in the open…they aren’t worried about hiding, whoever they are
Magnis: I am not sure, but would rather not take a chance
Jocelyn: very well, try to find another place to land out of sight from those boats
Magnis: this may be because they assume themselves invincible or strong in number
Jocelyn: looks for a good place to tie up the boat out of sight from these two
GM: there are a few good places where you could conseal a shore landing with light brush
Boro: Right over there, rungor. Bring us in easy.
Magnis keeps an eye on the two boats in case the owners return
Jocelyn: picks the one with the best chance of not being discovered and points to that area
[w] → Jocelyn: you look up and every so often you can see tufts of grey smoke
Magnis nods in approval
[w] Jocelyn: from which direction?
[w] → Jocelyn: inland
Jocelyn: hey guys, look over there…grey smoke inland…let’s be even more careful than usual
Jocelyn: points to smoke
Campaign saved.
[w] → Boro: make a will save
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20+6 = 8]
[w] Boro: funsies
[w] → Boro: you laugh, somewhat evilly and strangely, outloud
Boro laughs eerily.
Jocelyn: something funny about the smoke, Boro?
Boro: Ahhhh… no.
Boro: Nothing.
Thalia: the laughung makes her uneasy.
Jocelyn: so my the inappropriate time for the laughter?
Jocelyn: why
[w] → Thalia: make a perception check
Boro: I thought of something.
Boro: Funny.
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+6 = 21]
Jocelyn: guess you have icewater in your veins…I am thinking about who or what is making the gray smoke
Boro: I don’t think it was loud enough for anyone to have heard.
Magnis: lets tie up and see if we can detect the source of that smoke
[w] → Thalia: you can not be sure but something is wrong with Boro now that you are paying attention…he is sweating, looking nervous…ever since he touched that staff
Boro: Yes, we should find out.
Jocelyn: I meant you should be concentrating on the here and now and not some thoughts from some other time, causing you to laugh
Thalia: Boro, are toy feeling alright?
Boro: It’s no great matter, I suggest you keep yourself focused on the task at hand yourself.
Boro: Fine, miss.
[w] Jocelyn: as I get off the boat I smell to see what might be causing the fire…regular fire, food cooking, etc.?
Campaign saved.
[w] Boro: do I have some special motivation right now other than finding poachers?
Jocelyn: I am always focused
[w] → Jocelyn: maybe fish cooking
Jocelyn: smells like fish cooking…maybe we can sneak up on them while they are eating their dinner…catch them offguard
[w] → Boro: nope
Boro: Sounds like a plan to me

Adventure Log 6

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega