Adventure Log 7

Boro: We’re not going to be able to sneak up on those guys.
Boro: I say we bring everything we can to bear on the two outdoors. If there’s anyone inside we can get them as they come out.
Jocelyn: perhaps one of us can cause a distraction/diversion while the others try to sneak around a different way
Poacher: Haha, you aren’t kiddin, but what do I know eh?
Thalia: Would it be possible to just avoid them? Maybe there’s somewhere down the river we can stay instead?
Magnis: I could attempt to charm them?
Poacher: Not much from the sounds of it!
Boro: We don’t need to go further down the river, this is our target.
Jocelyn: we need to stop them from poaching and get proof they are doing it…wiping them all out would be the best way
Boro: What kind of charm you have, magnis?
Poacher: Pfft…ah shuddap Jarkin, your always talking yourself up
Magnis: make one my trusted friend
GM: Their words fade as they resign themselves to watching their smoldering fish
Boro: If you can force him to fight his friend for us, that’ll take out two at once
Jocelyn: I can try to sneak around one way if you want…“accidentally” step on a stick to get them to look my way
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: how thick are the branches in that big tree between us and them?
[w] → Jocelyn: it is very dense
[w] Jocelyn: is it climbable without too much difficulty?
[w] → Jocelyn: being an experienced climber you believe so
Boro: The charm ought to screw them up enough. If it doesn’t work I’ll rush towards them and we’ll figure it out from there.
Boro: If all works as planned, I’ll watch the door while jocy helps the thrall take out his mate
Jocelyn: I propose that I climb that tree and start making noises…they will focus on me and then you all can charge them
Boro: magical noise would be a long measure simpler than that
Boro: do you have a spell for that?
[w] Jocelyn: I start climbing the tree…will approach it stealthily
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 21]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
Campaign saved.
Thalia: I’m afraid I don’t have it prepared.
[w] Jocelyn: lost the map…can I have it again
[w] Jocelyn: let me know when you want a climb check
Boro: Magnis, start casting when jocy distracts
Boro: Let’s do this.
[w] → Jocelyn: go ahead and make a climb check and a stealth check
Magnis: Okay, I will target the poacher on the left.
[w] Jocelyn: another stealth check? rolled one already…got a 21 total
[w] Jocelyn: scroll up a few lines
[w] → Jocelyn: yyes,. you made it to tree undetected
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20+6 = 22]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 13]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 5]
Boro: takes his axe out.
[w] → Jocelyn: you pull on a branch and it creaks, however it did not appear to aleert anyone
[w] → Jocelyn: you are 10 feet up
[w] Magnis: Am I in range?
[w] → Magnis: of what, charm person?
[w] Magnis: yes, target on the left
[w] Jocelyn: I climb until I can’t climb any further up…either I reach the top or the canopy is too thick to maneuver into
[w] → Magnis: not nearly it is 30 feet
[w] → Magnis: range
[w] Magnis: thats what I thought
[w] → Jocelyn: ok you are 20 feet up
Magnis: I won’t be able to Charm him from here, I will need to get closer
[w] Jocelyn: what kind of tree is this? not specific, but are there any fruits, acorns, etc. growing from any of the branches?
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 25]
[w] → Jocelyn: no, it is a gnarled birch looking kind of tree
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Climb [MOD:STR] [1d20+6 = 20]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
[w] Jocelyn: ok
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 8]
Boro: Then do so.
[w] → Jocelyn: they do nto appear to notice you]
[w] Jocelyn: how high does the tree appear to go up?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: you are not so sure about going higher
Magnis: [SKILL] Stealth [MOD:DEX] [1d20 = 6]
[w] → Magnis: make a stealth check
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 11]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 8]
Poacher: Eh, who be that comin ere?
[w] Jocelyn: can I see openings through the top of the tree or too thick?
GM: The two men stand up
Poacher: Jerkin look slike we got ourselves a guest for our fish dinner!
Boro: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 12]
Magnis: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 9]
Jocelyn: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 12]
Thalia: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 22]
[TURN] Thalia
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 6
Poacher: Gird em up boys we got company!!!
[GM] [TURN] Poacher
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: Hey boys, that fish smells good from up here…care to share ???
[w] Jocelyn: yells that
[TURN] Boro
Boro: casts shield of Faith on himself.
[w] Jocelyn: the plan failed since they didn’t wait for me to distract them…climbing the tree has now turned out to be a waste of time
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 2
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: Ai, the fish smells excellent and we are a hungry group
Magnis: [CAST] Charm Person [at Poacher 6] 0
Poacher: [GM] [SAVE] Will [VS DC 11] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 11]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
GM: The Poachers shudders and blinks
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 3
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 5
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Thalia
Campaign saved.
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [1d20+3 = 5]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 6
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: how high up am I ?
[w] → Jocelyn: 20 feet
[w] Jocelyn: is there a branch I could climb out far enough to jump down?
[w] → Jocelyn: not easily, its a very thick, dense tree
[w] Jocelyn: with acrobatics, the goal is to try and land on the guy closest to the fire
[w] → Jocelyn: but the poacher closest to you looks poisoed to start to climb up
[w] Jocelyn: so I don’t think I can do it?
[w] Jocelyn: ok
[w] → Jocelyn: you can do it but it will take all of your movement for sure and an acrobatics roll
[w] Jocelyn: will try…the goal is to land on him
[w] Jocelyn: want one acrobatic roll?
[w] → Jocelyn: ok give me a jump then acrobatics
Magnis: [DAMAGE (M)] Fang [MIN DMG ADJ 1] 1
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Acrobatics [MOD:DEX] [1d20
10 = 20]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Acrobatics [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 21]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 16]
GM: [GM] [1d4 = 3]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Acrobatics [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 30]
[TURN] Boro
Boro: [1d6 = 6]
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 7]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 9]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 6]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 8]
[TURN] Magnis
[w] Jocelyn: my guy dead ?
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 3
[w] Jocelyn: poacher, I mean?
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 8]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Thalia
Boro: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+3 = 10]
Jocelyn: try to capture one alive if possible !!!
Campaign saved.
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [1d20+3 = 23]
Thalia: [ATTACK®] Crossbow, light [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+3 = 4]
Thalia: [DAMAGE®] Crossbow, light [TYPE: piercing] [1d8 = 1]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
Poacher: Jerkin…you said we were safe…here whimper
[TURN] Jocelyn
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+8 = 26]
[w] → Jocelyn: you see clearly that he looed better dressed then anyone else . and allso cleaner like he might have just arrived
[w] Jocelyn: the one running away?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] Jocelyn: how high is the wall just north of the fire ?
[w] → Jocelyn: 10 feet or 1 story
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: can I do a double or triple move to catch him while making the jump over the wall?
[w] → Jocelyn: no way
[w] → Jocelyn: you feel if you try to run, you will fall
Jocelyn: this is the leader…don’t let him get away !!!!!
[TURN] Boro
Boro: [ATTACK (M)] Greataxe [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack 14 → [at Poacher 3] [HIT]
Boro: [DAMAGE (M)] Greataxe [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing(x3)] [1d12+6 = 17]
Damage 17 → [to Poacher 3] [DEAD]
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: Surrender and Live!
Magnis: [SKILL] Intimidate [MOD:CHA] [1d20+5 = 12]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
Magnis: Down on the ground!
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
Hoyt: My name is Hoyt girl remember it well and pray we do not meet again
Hoyt: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
Hoyt: [GM] [1d20 = 3]
Boro: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+3 = 5]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+8 = 21]
Boro: I saw a fish!
Magnis: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 14]
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+6 = 7]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Thalia
Jocelyn: I think he is invisible…I hear movement to my left
Thalia: Is he alright?
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
Poacher whimpers, “Please don’t kill me!”
[TURN] Jocelyn
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: I hone in on my hearing, closing my eyes and try to locate him, if possible
[w] → Jocelyn: ok make a perception check
[w] Jocelyn: if I think I know where he might be I tackle that area, trying to grapple him
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+8 = 28]
Jocelyn: [CMB] Grapple (-4) [1d20-1 = 14]
Jocelyn: we can’t let him get away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[TURN] Boro
Boro: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+3 = 16]
[w] Jocelyn: don’t forget my boon if he tries to attack me while invisible…I know he is trying to get away, but just in case
Boro: [ATTACK (M)] Greataxe (-4) [1d20+1 = 16]
[w] Jocelyn: glitterdust would be perfect here but not going to use player knowledge…not sure either of the casters have it anyway
Campaign saved.
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20+6 = 21]
[w] → Boro: you feel as if the Golden Skull is laughing evilly at you
Jocelyn: magnis, that ring doing anything? supposed to help us in combat, remember !!!!
[TURN] Magnis
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
[w] → Jocelyn: go ahead and make your sense danger check
Jocelyn: [1d6 = 2]
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: you do not know what it is but something terrible is going to happen someplace near the Poacher
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Thalia
Jocelyn: I think our invisible friend is going to kill our prisoner…guard him with your life
[w] Jocelyn: I try to find the invisible guy again via perception
Jocelyn: get away from the prisoner…something horrible is going to happen
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 4
Poacher whimpers confused
[TURN] Jocelyn
[TURN] Boro
[w] Boro: am I still evil?
[w] → Boro: yes
Boro: obtruncation!
Boro: [ATTACK (M)] Greataxe [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack 19 → [at Poacher 4] [HIT]
Boro: [DAMAGE (M)] Greataxe [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing(x3)] [1d12+6 = 13]
Damage 13 → [to Poacher 4] [DEAD]
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis Wipes blood from his face
Magnis: It seems he won’t be telling us anything…
Jocelyn: w/ gm that was the wrong thing to do…had the invisible guy attacked him to kill him he would be visible and we could have ganged up on him…live and learn
Magnis: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 11]
[GM] [TURN] Poacher 1
Thalia: Is killing people who have surrendered standard for your group?
Boro: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+1 = 14]
Jocelyn: can really cook some fish with that fire
Poacher: [GM] [1d6 = 3]
Poacher: [GM] [1d6 = 3]
Poacher: [GM] [1d6 = 5]
Poacher: [GM] [1d6 = 2]
Poacher: [GM] [1d6 = 6]
Poacher: [GM] [1d6 = 3]
Campaign saved.
Boro: ouch.
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+8 = 16]
[w] Jocelyn: I search all the dead bodies (except the burnt one) for papers, etc…any proof of poaching , etc.
[w] → Jocelyn: you do find a few dried plants
Boro (Scorched.): The threat might have come from the prisoner, I trust Jocelyn’s hunch.
[w] Jocelyn: I pocket them and if no one inquires, I don’t say anything
[w] → Jocelyn: make a sleight of hand check
[w] Jocelyn: how many?
[w] → Jocelyn: 1
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Sleight of Hand [MOD:DEX] [1d20+13 = 25]
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, no worries there
[w] Jocelyn: ok, I only asked how many since I wasn’t sure if the plants were on multiple bodies
Jocelyn: I am checking for proof of poaching on these bodies
Jocelyn: so far, nothing
[w] → Jocelyn: 3
[w] → Jocelyn: inside you find many
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+6 = 7]
Campaign saved.
Magnis: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 18]
[w] Jocelyn: many plants inside the building?
Boro: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+3 = 5]
[w] Jocelyn: going to thoroughly search the burnt body now for anything not charred
[w] → Jocelyn: you dont find anything useful
Magnis turns towards the party
Magnis: There are some strange plants hanging in here!
Jocelyn: heads to the campfire
Magnis: [SKILL] Knowledge (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+2 = 3]
Jocelyn: any more fish here to cook up?
Boro: those’ll be the poached herbs
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+8 = 19]
[w] Boro: any sacks or something around?
[w] → Boro: several sacks
Thalia: goes inside towards Magnis
[w] Boro: I’ll grab one, dump it out and put the possible contraband in it
[w] Jocelyn: opens it up to see if anything is in it?
[w] → Jocelyn: you see a wet pouch inside
Campaign saved.
[w] → Boro: ok, lots of barley falls out
[w] Jocelyn: can the pouch be hidden inside my cloak?
[w] Jocelyn: waits until she leaves then pockets the pouch
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Nature (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+10 = 16]
[w] Jocelyn: does the pouch clink like money when I pocket it?
Boro: So anyway, what exactly does that ring do, magnis?
Thalia: [1d10 = 5]
[w] Magnis: Can I expose that it gives 1 ac to the party?
[w] → Thalia: you know these as F’maso…somewhat common, makes one faster than normal
Jocelyn: grabs the two fish off the dead poacher’s spears and puts them in the smoker
[w] → Magnis: ill do it
[w] Magnis: okay
Jocelyn: keeps an eye on the fish while in the smoker to not overcook them
[w] Thalia: makes what faster than normal?
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: attack speed
Thalia: This plant appears to be F’maso. It’s common but it’ll help make you faster.
[w] Jocelyn: is magnis where his token is or is he inside too?
[w] Jocelyn: nevermind, that is the burnt poacher
Boro: Into the sack it goes!
[w] Jocelyn: while sitting by the fire, I will peek into the pouch I grabbed
[w] → Jocelyn: looks like more plants
[w] → Jocelyn: all dried out
[w] Jocelyn: cool, will add the 3 I got off the bodies to the pouch and safely stash it away
Thalia: [2d6 = 8]
Magnis: Perhaps we should make camp?
Jocelyn: unfortunately the leader got away, but I think we have enough proof now that poaching is going on out here
Jocelyn: can head back tomorrow to report what we found
Magnis: The leader may return with help so we definitely will need to be on our guard if we spend the night here
Campaign saved.
Magnis: I shall take first watch
Jocelyn: this fish smoker is quite nice
Magnis takes his spear in hand and patrols the outside area
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 17]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 17]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 7]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 12]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 12]
Poacher: [GM] [1d20 = 10]
Campaign saved.
Thalia: Guidance – +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20
6 = 16]
[w] → Boro: you hear the Skull speaking to you…it says It wont be long now…
[w] Boro: Sinister, I don’t think I like it!
[w] → Boro: go ahead and say it outloud
Boro: Won’t be long now…
[w] → Boro: you see 2 Swamp men looking at you from a distance away
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Boro: u…easy meat!
[w] Boro: I’ll look back at them until they do something I don’t need to disregard
[w] → Boro: Skull: “Look at them looking at you, they see easy meat when they see it!”
Campaign saved.
Boro: Get out of here, swamp rats, I’ll tear you in half!
Magnis snores loudly
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+8 = 17]
Jocelyn: what’s the deal with the swamp men just standing there?
Boro: Hell if I know, but we’re no easy meat.
Jocelyn: how long have they been there?
Boro: We might need to make an example of them.
[w] → Boro: Skull: “lol, this one will take me away from you!”
Boro: steps away from jocelyn.
Boro: Maybe of you, too…
Jocelyn: me too?
Jocelyn: what is the deal?
Jocelyn: I think you need to let go of that staff
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boro: Fuck you, longears
[w] → Boro: Skull: “See, I told you ! LOL…she will try!”
Jocelyn: screams that loudly !!!!
Jocelyn: boro just threated to kill me
Jocelyn: he is possessed by that staff or something
Jocelyn: we need to get it away from him
Magnis: Boro, why don’t you put the staff away and try to get some sleep?
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20+6 = 26]
[w] → Boro: you can make a single plea…just a short one…for them to take it away
Boro: Listen to her…
Magnis: Listen to who?
[w] Boro: overrun attempt!
[w] Jocelyn: are there any half-burned logs in the fire?
[w] → Boro: no, you made an excellent save, you can wait a moment, you are yourself for just a moment
[w] Jocelyn: basically looking to see if I can grab one out of the fire that isn’t completely on fire
[w] → Jocelyn: not without burning yourself
Boro: longears…
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: is the campfire like the picture…coals/wood surrounded by a circle of stones?
Jocelyn: last chance, Boro…drop the staff now !!!!
[w] → Jocelyn: its more crude
Magnis moves slowly closer to Boro and tries to examine the staff
Magnis: [CAST] Read Magic 0
Boro: I’m not going to, can’t drop it
Thalia: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
Thalia: [CAST] Detect Magic 0
[w] → Thalia: you do detect magic on teh staff
Jocelyn: then we must take it from you for your own good
Magnis: [SKILL] Spellcraft [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 9]
[w] → Boro: ok, make another save
Thalia: There is definetly something happening with the staff!
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20+7 = 11]
[w] → Boro: you will attack
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Thalia
‘Thalia’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Boro: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 18]
Magnis: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 19]
Jocelyn: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 16]
‘Thalia’ reconnected
GM: Thalia go ahead and Roll initiative
Thalia: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 22]
[w] Boro: should I try to use my bare hands, my axe, or the staff?
[w] Boro: or I could channel again
[w] → Boro: you will most likely put th4e staff in your belt (its prettty short) and use your bare hands
Campaign saved.
‘Thalia’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Thalia’ disconnected
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [CAST] Touch of Fatigue 0
Magnis: [1d20 = 6]
[TURN] Boro
‘Thalia’ connected
Boro: [ATTACK (M)] Greataxe (-2) [1d20+3 = 7]
Campaign saved.
‘Thalia’ disconnected
‘Thalia’ connected
Magnis: [ATTACK (M)] Fang [1d20+1 = 3]
[TURN] Jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: is boro wielding the staff in one hand or both ?
Boro: [CMB] Grapple [1d20+5 = 24]
[w] → Jocelyn: its in his belt
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] [1d20+6 = 7]
Thalia: [CAST] Resistance 0
Thalia: [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20 = 10]
Boro: [CMB] Grapple [1d20+5 = 15]
Campaign saved.
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Thalia
[TURN] Jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: what minus to I get for trying to chop at his belt to make his belt fall off, hence dropping the staff?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: -4
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] (-4) [1d20+2 = 15]
Boro: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+1 = 18]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Thalia
[w] Magnis: does he grab the staff or his belt?
[w] → Magnis: definately his staff
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: probably better to type what you are trying to say
Thalia: [CAST] Resistance 0
Thalia: [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20 = 6]
[w] Jocelyn: does the skull on top of the staff appear to have been attached at some point or does it look like the whole thing was carved out of one piece of wood?
[w] → Jocelyn: the skull is not part of the wood
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis: [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+1 = 17]
[w] Jocelyn: does the skull like like it is bone or made of something else just to resemble a skull?
Magnis: [CAST] Touch of Fatigue 0
[w] → Jocelyn: you are not skilled enough to make such a determination
[w] Jocelyn: ok
[TURN] Boro
Boro: [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack (-4) [1d20-1 = 15]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Jocelyn
[w] Jocelyn: I want to swing for the fences and smash the skull of the top of the staff if possible…hence doing a sunder, but not sure how
[w] Jocelyn: I am attacking the staff, not Boro
[w] Jocelyn: -4 again?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: ok that is also a CMB
[w] Jocelyn: I don’t want to touch the staff, want to hit the skull with my rapier…still cmb?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] Jocelyn: any modifiers?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] Magnis: brb
[w] → Jocelyn: nope
Jocelyn: [CMB] Grapple [1d20+3 = 18]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+2 = 3]
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20+7 = 22]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Thalia
Jocelyn: you know you won’t succeed with this, Boro !!!!
‘Thalia’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Campaign saved.
Boro: My success is immaterial.
‘Thalia’ reconnected
Thalia: -4 [1d20-4 = 5]
[w] Jocelyn: this would be a great encounter to use hero points in
[TURN] Magnis
Magnis pulls out his spear
[w] Magnis: targeting the staff
Magnis: [CMB] Grapple [1d20+1 = 5]
[TURN] Boro
Boro: Enough, worms!
Boro: [1d6 = 4]
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 20]
Magnis: [SAVE] Will [1d20+2 = 11]
Thalia: [SAVE] Will [1d20+2 = 15]
[TURN] Jocelyn
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: [ATTACK (M)] rapier [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 18] (2) [1d208 = 20]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+2 = 6]
Jocelyn: [DAMAGE (M)] sneak attack [MOD:CHA] [1d6 = 4]
[w] Jocelyn: I take my rapier and fling the staff towards the campfire…the goal is to put the staff into the fire
Boro: [ABILITY] Constitution check [1d20+3 = 14]
[w] Jocelyn: I don’t care if he lives or not
Magnis: [SKILL] Heal [MOD:WIS] [1d20-1 = 19]
[w] Jocelyn: I chop at the staff multiple times with my rapier
Campaign saved.
Magnis goes inside to look for containers
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 11]
Magnis: we need to find something where we can secure the staff
Jocelyn: the water to the north is much deeper, I say we sink it into that water if possible
Campaign saved.
Thalia: [SKILL] Spellcraft [MOD:INT] [1d20+13 = 27]
Thalia: [SAVE] Will [1d20+2 = 11]
[w] → Thalia: This item is extremely evil. It is intelligent and it is magical. The skull was actually real, shrunken and encased in Gold.
[w] Jocelyn: I go check on boro and see if the others are watching me
[w] → Magnis: you see Jocelyn go toward Boro
Jocelyn: do you want this blanket, magnis?
Thalia: I took a look at the staff, and I believe it has a will of its own.
Jocelyn: wrap it up and toss it in the water to the north
[w] → Thalia: You have seen something like this before…to much exposure to it and the consciousness inside it will end up possessing its wielder
Magnis: The blanket hasn’t seem to of protected us from its power before
Campaign saved.
Thalia: It’s extreamly dangerous, if you hold onto it for too long it will try to possess you.
[w] Jocelyn: are either of the other two characters watching me ?
[w] → Jocelyn: Magnis is
Boro: [1d20 = 17]
Boro: 2 [1d82 = 8]
Jocelyn: touch the staff again and you won’t wake up next time !!!
Thalia: I’m not sure how far we can move it before we risk possession.
Boro: [3d6 = 11]
Thalia: Boro shouldn’t go anywhere near it.
Boro: I can protect myself from it, I think
Boro: but I need to pray and rest
Boro: protect any of you if you’re worried
Jocelyn: it is still early…still have another watch to go thru…boro can go rest and I will do the last watch with Thalia

Adventure Log 7

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega