Adventure Log 8

Magnis: That fight left me pretty well depleted
Campaign saved.
GM: 4 hours pass and the swamp is quiet.
Derett: Alright, about that staff then.
Jocelyn: it is still there in the fire pit
Derett: I can protect someone against its evil, then they can sink it in the swamp.
Boro: I feel it shouldn’t be me. Any volunteers?
Jocelyn: I will try
Boro: [CAST] Protection from Evil 0
Magnis: Well i know I dont want any part of it…however, I vote to let the witch…deal with it
Jocelyn: I am okay with that…I just want it away from us
Magnis gives her a sidelong glance
Boro: You have a few minutes of safety now.
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: walks over and picks up the staff
GM: It feels cool to the touch in your hands
[w] Jocelyn: are there any small rocks around ??
[w] > Jocelyn: many
Jocelyn: anyone have any rope??
Boro: Here, there’s some in my pack.
GM: There is plenty of rope in the hideout
[w] Jocelyn: places the staff in the blanket we found it in, puts as many rocks as I can find in it…wraps it up tight and ties as many knots as I can with the rope
[w] Jocelyn: want a use rope roll or many?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: not necessary
[w] Jocelyn: no use rope in pathfinder…sorry
[w] Jocelyn: the goal is to make sure it sinks
[w] → Jocelyn: you can do that fairly easily
Jocelyn: throws the wrapped up staff into the water and waits until it sinks out of sight
GM: The blanket sinks out of sight
Jocelyn: I think we are rid of the staff…for now anyway
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we should head back and report what we found and let them know the leader is still out here somewhere
Boro: Things like that tend to crop up again. Let’s get out of here.
Jocelyn: and turn in the plants from the hideout…should be enough evidence of what is going on out here
Jocelyn: packs up and starts heading to our boat
Boro: Helps with the preparations.
[w] → Jocelyn: during your packing you see the staff sitting next to a water basin in plain sight
[w] Jocelyn: out of the blanket?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] → Jocelyn: you get a very eerie feeling when you see it
Jocelyn: guys, we have a problem here
Boro: What?
Jocelyn: points out the staff to all
[w] → Jocelyn: the skull appears to be laughing at you
Jocelyn: the staff is back
Boro: Of course.
[w] Jocelyn: do I have the same feeling from last night like not wanting to be around it ??
Campaign saved.
SLASH COMMANDS [required] <optional>
-
———————
[w] → Jocelyn: make a will check
[w] Jocelyn: will save?
Boro: Prehaps it is bound to one of us, that’s magic beyond my ken
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Will [1d20+2 = 4]
[w] → Jocelyn: yes it makes your skin crwal
[w] → Jocelyn: crawl
[w] Jocelyn: runs to the boat if I have all my stuff packed up
Jocelyn: don’t want anything to do with that…someone else can find it out here if they want it
GM: You all notice Jocelyn, saying nothing leaves the staff and runs toward the shore, where the boat was
Boro: I’m inclined to agree.
[w] Jocelyn: if the boat is there and unscathed, I get in and take my place in the front seat to guide on the way back
Boro: We should be gone, and now
Thalia: Won’t it just continue following us?
[w] → Jocelyn: the boat has a large hole in the bottomn
Boro: Maybe it will, maybe it won’t
[w] Jocelyn: heads back to the others
[w] Jocelyn: running
Jocelyn: guys, we have another problem…our boat has a big hole in the bottom of it
Magnis: Nothing I can’t handle
Thalia: Where is the other man who was with you?
Magnis flexes his arms
Jocelyn: what other man?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: heads to boat and shows all the hole
[w] Jocelyn: can I figure out what made the hole?
[w] → Jocelyn: it looks hacked out, like someone took a hatchet
[w] Jocelyn: someone using axes or a big rock thrown at it?
Jocelyn: someone cut it with axes it looks like
Boro: Magnis has got magic for this, I think.
[w] Jocelyn: any salvagable wood around to attempt to fix it?
Boro: Hmm, does anyone see any tracks?
Magnis: No need
Magnis steps up to the boat, mutters a few incantations, bends over and touches the wood
GM: After several minutes the wood plank is completely mended
[w] Jocelyn: anything else wrong with the boat? the c’bow still in tact and loaded ?
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
Boro: [SKILL] Survival [MOD:WIS] [1d20+3 = 13]
Jocelyn: it appears our weapon is still functionable…looks like we should be okay
[w] Boro: are there any tracks around?
[w] → Boro: lots of tracks
[w] Boro: anything that’s too small or new to be ours? I suspect swamp men
Jocelyn: any tracks ?
Jocelyn: should we try to find who did this or just head back ??

Chat log started at 18.10.2011 / 21:04:35
3.5E v2.8.1A ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2011 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
‘Hover Bikes’ connected
‘Jocelyn’ connected
‘Thalia’ connected
‘Hover Bikes’ disconnected
‘Hover Bikes’ connected
Thalia: It was probably the leader who got away.
Jocelyn: I agree…unfortunately I see him gathering another group of brigands and continuing his poaching…perhaps elsewhere since we know if this place now
Jocelyn: of this
Boro: I think we’ll have settle for telling the Jade Leaf about all this
Jocelyn: yes, I don’t think we are powerful enough to track him down at this point…we should turn in the plants and report what we found and let them decide what to do afterwords
Boro: We should head back to kith’takaros
Jocelyn: will guide again as we head back
Jocelyn: the c’bow appears to be in good form
Boro: takes up the barge pole
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: as you get settled you notice something thiny under a pack that was set down
Jocelyn: keeps an eye and ear out…scanning the sky, land and water continuously as we head back
Jocelyn: meant to say that like this, sorry
GM: it is hot today. The sun blazes down upon you
[w] Thalia: My character will will uncover it.
GM: And the mosquitos take every advantage to bite you when you are not looking
[w] Jocelyn: how many days of rations have we used since starting this…don’t remember…think this is the third day ??
[w] → Thalia: you see the golden skull of the staff, seemingly staring at you
[w] → Jocelyn: you have used 3 and you were able to restock watter
Thalia: Hey! The staff is here in the boat!
Jocelyn: wonderful…keep it away from me
Thalia: moves away from the staff, trying not to rock the boat
[w] → Thalia: make a reflex save
Thalia: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 18]
Boro: Flips it back over the gunwale with the pole
[w] → Thalia: ok, you do so mibly
[w] → Thalia: nimbly
GM: The staff sinks into the water and is gone
Boro: We’ll see how long that lasts…
Jocelyn: afraid we will see it again before this day is over
Campaign saved.
Thalia: I don’t think it will stop following us.
GM: Suddenly somwthing large strikes the boat, everyone make a reflex save
Thalia: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 14]
Boro: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+1 = 12]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 25]
GM: You all are jostled but manage to stay inside the boat… as you look back you see large, green scales sink back into the water in your wake
[w] Jocelyn: is the staff riding it…lol
[w] → Jocelyn: no
Jocelyn: someone manning the c’bow ??
[w] Jocelyn: I know…was funny thought
Boro: So does anybody know how this geas works?
Thalia: [SKILL] Knowledge Nature (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+11 = 24]
[w] → Thalia: that was a very large crocodile
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: let us just try to make it back safely and if the staff shows up, it can be someone else’s problem
Thalia: Let’s try and leave fast, that crocodile probably won’t give up.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 14]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
Campaign saved.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 10]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 5]
Jocelyn: eventhough a hot meal and soft bed sounds good right now, we should head to the jade leaf to report our findings
Jocelyn: can we drop off our packs first in our rooms ??
GM: As you approach a guard steps up to you, he is dressed in leather armor, a shield and spear in his hands and a stern look upon his face
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: good evening
Boro: We’ve just returned from assignment, busting up a poaching operation
Jocelyn: we have important information regarding poachers
GM: The guards looks you all up and down dissapprovingly
Jocelyn: your organization hired us to find out what was going on and we have a report to submit
Jade Leaf Scout: Very well, come with me
Jocelyn: follows
GM: You all are permitted into the keep
GM: The buildings are all painted a light green and you are led toward one of the smaller ones
Hover Bikes (Boro): brb
GM: The guard steps up and knocks thrice upon the door
Dorian Orsova: Enter
GM: Is heard from within and the guards opens the door for you
Jocelyn: walks in
Jocelyn: nods to Dorian
Dorian Orsova: Dorian appears to have several papers strewn upon his desk and a very stern look upon his face
GM: Dorian appears to have several papers strewn upon his desk and a very stern look upon his face
GM: He does not address you immediately, apparently lost in thought
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: waits patiently to be acknowledged
GM: After several moments he tilts up his gaze and then look sback down at the pages again
Dorian Orsova: So, what have you found
Dorian Orsova: I trust all is well?
Jocelyn: show him the plants for starters
Boro: We found an ambush point and a camp, these were there
Jocelyn: well, good news and bad news…we found the hideout that was used for the poaching
Jocelyn: we found these plants and managed to kill all the poachers except the leader
GM: Dorian listens intently and nods
Dorian Orsova: Any prisoners?
Jocelyn: he turned invsible and managed to get away
Jocelyn: we had one but something blew him up…I think it was the leader…again, he was invisible
GM: Dorians eyes darken
Boro: We also found a nasty relic
Boro: A totem of dark powers at the poacher’s ambush site
GM: He looks in between you and sees the Witch for the first time
Dorian Orsova: You there, step forward
GM: He points to the witch
Jocelyn: we didn’t think we could continue pursuit of him with just us so we decided to bring back what we found to you and let you decide the next course of action
Thalia: steps forward
Thalia: Yes?
Jocelyn: magnis, please show him the ring we found along the way
Dorian Orsova: And what are you doing here with these men?
Jocelyn: men??
Boro: oh yes, and those documents?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: she was a prisoner of the first group of poachers we came across…we freed here and she decided to help us in our cause
Thalia: They rescued me after I was captured by the poachers
Bishop: nods
Dorian Orsova: Poachers…
GM: He spits out the word
Jocelyn: I think he will start up again as soon as he can recruit some more thugs and find a new location to call “home”
Thalia: steps back again
GM: he eyes the Ring set down by Magnis
Dorian Orsova: I shall let Yavanna take a look at that
Bishop: opens up a drawer in his desk and pulls out a large pouch, setting it down at the edge of his desk
Bishop: opens up a drawer in his desk and pulls out a large pouch, setting it down at the edge of his desk
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: what will you do regarding the leader?
Jocelyn: send a larger force out there to try and find him?
GM: He looks back down at his papers.
Dorian Orsova: Nothing
Dorian Orsova: I can not spare the men
Jocelyn: very well, I believe our business is concluded then
Jocelyn: good evening
Dorian Orsova: Not with our Harvesters gone missing
Jocelyn: grabs the bag and steps out of the building
GM: Magnis sets down the documents as well
[w] Jocelyn: heads back to the transient guild
GM: Dorian takes them up and places them into his desk
Dorian Orsova: I will have Yavanna look at these as well
Boro: There was a magical staff at the poacher’s ambush point.
Dorian Orsova: Oh?
Boro: It was old and evil swamp-man magic, a small staff topped with a golden skull
Boro: [SKILL] Sense Motive [MOD:WIS] [1d20+7 = 14]
Dorian Orsova: It does not sound familiar
[w] Jocelyn: I am playing my alignment now, not trying to be difficult…I have no use for him anymore after he paid us
[w] → Jocelyn: ok
Boro: Do you know anyone with knowledge of such things?
Boro: It seems to be… following us
[w] Jocelyn: just didn’t want you thinking I was disrupting things
Dorian Orsova: Well that sounds odd does it not?
Boro: Odd, sinister and frightening.
Campaign saved.
Dorian Orsova: It is to bad you did not bring it with you, Yavanna would surely like to see that
Dorian Orsova: She has knowledge of such things
Boro: I’d like to speak with her at the first opportunity
Dorian Orsova: She has been busy lately more then ever…for several of our Harvesters have gone missing
Boro: She can take a look at the staff if and when it appears near us again.
GM: Dorian Nods
[w] Jocelyn: they aren’t getting the hint that we need to inquire about the harvesters…being our next mission and all
Dorian Orsova: If you would like mote work I do have some need of you still
Dorian Orsova: *more
Boro: I suppose we would
Dorian Orsova: Well then…on the morrow speak to Jorian Odessa
Dorian Orsova: he will be at the wet gate
Boro: Very well.
Dorian Orsova: Now, if you will excuse me…
Boro: takes his reward and his leave.
Thalia: follows Boro out
[w] Jocelyn: I gragged the entire bag, by the way…will divide what’s inside when we meet again
Boro: Heads to his room at the transit guild to rest.
[w] → Jocelyn: ok
[w] Jocelyn: only said that since boro said he grabs his reward
[w] Jocelyn: I just grabbed the entire bag and took off after I didn’t need him any more
Campaign saved.
GM: You all meet back up at the transit guild and divvy up the gold
[w] Jocelyn: how much is in there?
GM: there is 50gp per person, except for Thalia
GM: as was promised
Jocelyn: gives her half of mine
Jocelyn: here, lass, have some spending money while in town
Jocelyn: gives thalia 25 gp
Thalia: Are you sure this much? I only need enough for food and board.
Jocelyn: maybe a new outfit or spell components possibly
Boro: channels positive energy
Boro: [2d6 = 7]
Boro: [2d6 = 5]
Thalia: Thank you very much!
Boro: goes to bed.
GM: Everyone heals 12 points
Jocelyn: nice to have someone in the female wing of the guild besides me now
Thalia: This place seem very nice
Thalia: How much does it cost per night here?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: so far it is free room but we pay for our meals in the common room I believe
Jocelyn: if you want room service I think they will send something at no charge…at least I did that once
Thalia: Wow, this all sounds very fancy.
GM: The rooms are somewhat spartan
[w] Jocelyn: what time is it in the evening? still early or late?
GM: There is wood floors and walls
[w] → Jocelyn: it is now quite late
Jocelyn: don’t forget the bed
GM: The beds are wrapped straw or cloth for the woomen
GM: women
Jocelyn: takes a bath and then settles in for a nice, comfortable sleep
GM: thered are large, water basins, with towles and bars of soap
Jocelyn: cleans up and settles in for slumber
Thalia: cleans up and goes to bed
GM: You all are troubled by a dream….
Campaign saved.
GM: There is a small island surrounded by water….you stand by high pole with a golden orb upon its end. A swampman shaman stands in front of the post looking at you. Several Strange looking swampmen lay around the post haphazardly among you. They look greenish, grey and different then the other swampmen you have seen
GM: A chill severs your spine as the swampman speaks
Swamp man Shaman: Awaken The sleepers!
Jocelyn: is the golden orb in the shape of a skull?
GM: No
GM: The scene changes
GM: Boro, you feel something moving under your blanket
GM: Hold that for a moment
GM: Jocelyn, Hoyt is standing above you and has his hand upon your mouth
Campaign saved.
GM: He is cackling and holding the staff close to your face
GM: its head is animated and as it laughs its long tongue flickers out and touches your cheek
GM: Thalia, you feel constained
GM: Many hands are holding you down as the paochers had done
GM: One holds the Skull Staff near your face
GM: You can smell their sweat and filth as they have been up on that bridge for a very long time
[w] Jocelyn: tries to bite Hoyt in his hand
GM: You can feel your bruised face but you also remember the dream before
Boro: [SAVE] Will [1d20+7 = 18]
Thalia: [SAVE] Will [1d20+5 = 24]
Jocelyn: [SAVE] Will [1d20+2 = 18]
GM: Boro, you feel compelled to rip the blanket off of your body
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Escape Artist [MOD:DEX] [1d20+9 = 18]
Boro rips the blanket off his body.
GM: Joselyn you get a hand free and strike out at Hoyt
[w] Jocelyn: am I bound all the way down…my legs as well?
Campaign saved.
GM: Thalia, the men continue to hold you down but in teh distance you see the shaman behind them
GM: Boro, your bed is filled with snakes of all kinds
Boro: BLEEDING DAWN
Boro kind of flails to escape the vile snakes.
GM: As you get up,, the dream fades
[w] Jocelyn: can I lift my legs at all ?
[w] → Jocelyn: as you strike out, th4e dream fades
[w] Jocelyn: ok
GM: Jocelyn you hear Thalia, moaning
Jocelyn: walks over to the basin and cleans the sweat of my face
GM: As if something terrible is happening to her
Jocelyn: washes twice to make sure I get it all
Jocelyn: walks over to her to see what is going on
[w] Jocelyn: is she still sleepin?
GM: She only stirs
[w] → Jocelyn: yes but she looks sweaty and twitches violently
Jocelyn: pushes her back and forth calling her name loudly
Thalia: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+7 = 9]
Campaign saved.
Boro gets back under the sheets.
GM: Thalia suddenly wakes up
Jocelyn: snap out of it girl, you were having a bad dream
Thalia: looks around the room quickly
Jocelyn: hands her a towel
[w] → Thalia: before you were woken up, they were burning your flesh with hot pokers
Jocelyn: here, wipe your sweat of yourself
Jocelyn: clean yourself up and let’s go have some breakfast
Thalia: takes towel and looks at at self to check for marks
Jocelyn: gets dressed and heads to the commonroom for breakfast
[w] → Thalia: as you begin to wipe up, you notice a small blemish on your forearm, right where one of them was usiing a hot poker
Jocelyn: feeling ravenous for some reason, I order a double breakfast
Boro prays and dresses and gets his food.
Thalia: looks around the room, searching for any sign of the staff
[w] → Boro: you notice Rungor does not stir
[w] → Thalia: you do not see it anywhere
[w] Boro: I smack him a little, sleeping late is an affront to sarenrae
Thalia: gets dressed and heads down for breakfast
Boro: It’s morning!
Campaign saved.
[w] → Boro: you notice his eyes are rolled upon under his eyelids and that he has swallowed his tongue, he has expired
[w] Boro: I pray for his soul, He will burn on a pyre at dusk
GM: As you head down the room is already bustling with activity for the start of the day
Boro: Rungor has died. Swallowed his own tongue.
[w] Jocelyn: I know we are winding down so here is my plan…after breakfast I head to the market…I casually walk around and try to spot someone trying to steal something…if I notice anyone, I track that person down and ask if there is a blackmarket in this town in return for not turning him/her in…my goal is to try and contact the underground, if there is one and see if I can sell my plants
Boro: We burn our dead. I’ll make preparations for a ceremony. I don’t know if he had any family alive…
[w] Jocelyn: I don’t want to take up a ton of time in session for that, but that is what I wish to do…not saying there is a black market, just saying I am looking for it
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, ill assume you do this after you hear the news
[w] Jocelyn: yes, I assume we eat breakfast together
Boro: I’m going to go find some wood and oil, excuse me
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, we will make this simple…you will roll your perception…each time you roll a dc 15, then you will roll a sleight of hand
[w] Boro: I mention rungor’s state to the staff, I don’t want a housekeeper shocked
Jocelyn: it is ashame that Rungor never found his mountain again…maybe his god will let him have one wherever he is now
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+9 = 17]
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Sleight of Hand [MOD:DEX] [1d20+14 = 24]
[w] Boro: I ask after those materials I will need: oil, incense, wood
[w] → Jocelyn: you succeeded with finding someone doing something untwoard but the dc for fiinding a contact is 25
Bishop: we will roll these again each time you look
[w] Jocelyn: so do it again?
[w] → Jocelyn: no, you will get one shot
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: a day
[w] Jocelyn: ok
[w] Jocelyn: should I roll knowledge local ?
[w] → Jocelyn: so on 11 or better you will find one
[w] Jocelyn: ok, so will try again the next day
[w] → Jocelyn: yep
[w] Jocelyn: what did he/she steal?
GM: After breakfast you all witness guards take RUngor out on a covered stretcher
[w] → Jocelyn: he stole several pieces of silvered flatware
[w] Boro: where are they taking him? I follow
[w] Jocelyn: did he get away with it?
[w] → Jocelyn: yes
[w] → Boro: they take him to an out building
[w] → Boro: iin the guild yard
[w] Jocelyn: I will make him take me to his fence and he can share his cut…plus I will try to sell the necklace I stole before
[w] Jocelyn: hopefully getting a contact in town along the way
Campaign saved.
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: when you try to force him he drops the items and runs
[w] Jocelyn: I pick them up and stash them before a guard shows up
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] Boro: I make it clear what I intend to do with the body. Is there a burial ground or temple where I can cremate him?
[w] → Jocelyn: ok, doing that, you end up losing him in the street
[w] Jocelyn: how much are they worth approx?
Jocelyn: [SKILL] Appraise [MOD:INT] [1d20+11 = 18]
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Jocelyn: 5gp each, x 12 pieces

Adventure Log 8

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega