Adventure Log 9

[w] Jocelyn: I have already done my attempt today of trying to find a ‘black market’/‘underground’ area
GM: Not having any immediate business you decide to lounge a bit and take a short respite before the execution you have heard about
GM: Obviously the Law of Kith’takharos are indeed serious
GM: Soon however you discover the execution has been abruptly post-poned
Jocelyn: any reasons why?
GM: Apparently, several Harvesters have gone missing and the matter has become the fore-front into The lady Salmissra’s attentions
GM: Harvesters are charged with foraging swamp plants in the swamps
GM: Losing good Harvesters is a very serious matter here
Jocelyn: inquires as to who was supposed to be executed and why?
Campaign saved.
Fergus: The Innkeeper Fergus informs you that a Poacher was captured by Kelin
Magnis: We need to try to find any leads on the missing harvesters
GM: The Innkeeper Fergus informs you that a Poacher was captured by Kelin
Jocelyn: maybe the poacher that was supposed to be executed has something to do with this
Magnis Turning to the Innkeeper
Jocelyn: his friends might have kidnapped the harvesters to delay the execution
Magnis: Any idea where Kelin is now or where he has taken the poacher?
Fergus: Can’t say that I know
Jocelyn: a possible release of the poacher for the return of the harvesters
Fergus: Well that won’t happen
Fergus: That Poacher is as good as dead, is jus a matter of time
Jocelyn: I guess we should find out more information…like where the harvesters were last seen
Thalia: They work for the Jade Leaf, correct?
Thalia: Maybe we should ask around there.
Fergus nods
Jocelyn: am sure they could use all the help they can get for this
Jocelyn: heads out towards the jade leaf building
Magnis: Okay, then we start there
Magnis Nodding a thanks to the Innkeeper as he heads out behind Jocelyn
Campaign saved.
GM: Ok, the party leaves the gate and heads east.
GM: As it is approaching mid-day, everyone is moving briskly
GM: The swamp heat is at its crux and no energy is spared
GM: East along the shore you pass many houses, a couple of which you see rent signs
GM: Then, north upon the stone road, you are passed by many different people
Jocelyn: maybe we should inquire about renting a place…I don’t see the transient guild letting us live there for free forever
Campaign saved.
Magnis: I had the same thought
Magnis: We can stop for some water and inquire before continuing
Magnis: Its rather hot and my mouth is dry from storytelling
GM: Breaking east again, heading off of the road you head across the Pennisula. It is quite marshy but you find several cut paths through
GM: The tall walls of the Jade leaf compound are close now as you head south, eventually around the North wall
GM: As you come to the gate you discover it is opened and you hear shouting from within the courtyard
GM: As you move through the gate you see several men and women practicing with wooden swords and spears
Jocelyn: good that they are keeping up on their combat skills
Daelin: As you pass into the courtyard, a stout dwarf breaks away and moves up to you
Daelin: As you pass into the courtyard, a stout dwarf breaks away and moves up to you
GM: As you pass into the courtyard, a stout dwarf breaks away and moves up to you
Jocelyn: good day to you
Magnis nods as he approaches
Daelin: Afternoon, can I help you folks?
Magnis: Good day
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we have been asked to help in finding the missing harvesters
GM: The Dwarf looks you all over and finally gives you a nod
Daelin: Alright, then follow me
GM: After a short walk across the couryard you are led up a short flight of stairs
GM: You have been here before, thei looks like Dorian’s office
GM: The Dwarf opens the door and steps aside
Magnis steps inside
Jocelyn: walks in and grabs a seat, if there are any
GM: Dorian motions you to a seat opposite his own at a spacious desk. Although a large window overlooks the courtyard, his gaze never leaves the papers arranged before him. Dorian finishes writing a sentence, then wipes the ink from the end of his pen and sets it on a tray. He squeezes his eyes shut and rubs his temples. His eyes are bloodshot and ringed by dark smudges. Without looking, he grabs a mug from the desk and takes a deep swallow. A grimace twists his mouth. “Bah. Old, stale, and bitter. One day that will be my epitaph.”
GM: Dorian sends for refreshments. The sounds of training drift through an open window. While you await water or ale, Dorian speaks in a weary voice. “Thank you for coming. This is a difficult time. It always hits us hard when we lose someone. We are a small community.” He waves one hand before you, fending off comments. “No, no, don’t you worry. It’s my job to do the worrying. You are here for another reason.”
GM: You hear a brisk knock on the door, and a human boy brings in a tray with a pitcher of water and mugs of ale. After distributing the drinks, Dorian reaches into a drawer and removes a heavy pouch. When he tosses it onto the desk, you hear the unmistakable clink of coin. “There’s 200 gold right there to start. Four times as much if you see the job through to the finish. I hope I have your attention. Go ahead. Count it if you want. But be aware that if you accept, I’ll want you to leave in the morning.”
Magnis: We heard of the Harvesters that have gone
GM: “On one of the islands to the south, a Harvesting team discovered a promising growth of swamp plants. The island was most unusual. Very small, but also very high ground, like nothing we have ever seen. At the summit was a cave. Of course, the team was curious. Two men went in and did not come out. The rest returned immediately. There was no reason to lose anyone else.”
Campaign saved.
GM: He leans forward, examining each of you in turn. "The thing is, they discovered one of the best concentrations of swamp plants we have ever seen. We need dedicated and discreet men to root out the danger so that we can send in another team. I’m not sending my own men because certain people would notice their departure. We don’t want this mission publicized, and you will be able to leave Kith’takharos without drawing attention. However, I will not conceal your involvement should you succeed.
GM: “Even though I needed no reminder, Lady Salmissra personally impressed upon me the great priority of this mission. That proves the measure of her worry. Are you still interested? Feel free to discuss this amongst yourselves.”

Magnis: I believe we are, but did your men who returned hear anything, witness anything?
Jocelyn: if we accept, can we talk to the team members that returned?
Jocelyn: first hand knowledge of what they saw and or heard could be vital
Magnis nodding in agreement
Dorian Orsova: Yes, there is man who is still iin the village
Thalia: Where can we find him?
Dorian Orsova: Most likely draining his resolve in the bottom of a mug at the Eel
Dorian Orsova: He has not been the same since his return
Jocelyn: also, there is a possiblity that these missing harvesters were kidnapped by some friends of the person that was to be executed today
Dorian Orsova: Oh, you know this for certain?
Jocelyn: doubtful but still a possibility…perhaps they knew the town would hold off on the execution with them missing?
Jocelyn: no, it is just a theory of mine…no proof at all behind it
GM: Dorian sighs loudly
Dorian Orsova: Well, let us keep with what we know for sure
Campaign saved.
Dorian Orsova: So you all will take on this task?
Jocelyn: but someone might have know the execution would be post-poned because of this and used this knowledge to try and save his life?
Jocelyn: yes, you will provide a boat and supplies I take it ??
Dorian Orsova: Dorian nods. “Good. First, we believe this island was once inhabited by an ancient race called the Harlass Orn. The cave may contain ruins or artifacts, so be ready. When you leave my office, please visit Yavanna Culand, our resident archaeologist. She will brief you on the Harlass Orn. I’ll provide you with a boat, poles, and a map showing the route to the island. You will leave from a spot to the northwest of Kith’takharos, and not our usual docks. We don’t want this mission publicized. Meet me in the keep courtyard at first light.”
Jocelyn: sounds good…we will talk to Yavanna and then try to find your man in the Eel
GM: He offers a sheet of paper that shows the region around Kith’takharos. A route from Kith’takharos to an island is clearly marked. He then describes how to find Yavanna Culand before finishing his explanation of the mission.
GM: “Keep the map. And I want to be clear about what this mission is and what it is not. Your goal is to learn what happened to our men. That means climbing to the summit of the island, exploring this cave, finding out where it goes and what it contains. We need to make this cave safe for future expeditions. Leave the rest of the island to us. But you do not have carte blanche to keep any objects you might find. Bring those to me. While we may eventually allow you to keep something, it must first be vetted through me and Lady Salmissra.”
Jocelyn: how many men are missing? 2?
Magnis: Before we leave, the survivor you spoke of, you did not disclose his name
Dorian Orsova: There are three men missing.
Jocelyn: ok, that is important to know
Jocelyn: if they have met an ufornunate end, I take it you would like their bodies brought back here?
Dorian Orsova: \One man left the village abruptly and the one I spoke of is half out of his mind
Magnis: We’d still like to question him before departing, his name?
Dorian Orsova: His name is Jerul
Dorian Orsova: He will be the drunk one
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: did you see my question?
Magnis stands
Dorian Orsova: As far as the bodies, I would ask for you to do what you can
Dorian Orsova: but I do not expect much
Magnis: of course
Jocelyn: very well, good day
Jocelyn: stands and leaves
GM: As you leave the office you are not accosted again
Jocelyn: heads to Yavanna’s building
GM: Yavanna works in a large stone room that obviously dates to the ancient Kith’takharos. The walls are discolored and chipped, and the distinct scent of age leeches from the old stones. Something about the dimensions does not feel right. Perhaps the stone blocks are too large or arranged in an unusual way. Maybe the ceiling has an odd height.
GM: Modern wooden tables are scattered about, stacked with books and cluttered with paper. Stone and metal artifacts also litter the tables. Bookshelves and cabinets line the walls. Most of the room is dark, except for two lanterns that illuminate the only occupied table. Head down, a dwarf woman leafs through one book, then another, furiously writing notes. A youngish man stands at her side, fetching additional books when needed.
GM: The woman pays no notice as you approach. Then the young man looks up, sees you, and taps her shoulder.
Jocelyn: we are here to be briefed on harlass orn
GM: “What is it?” she says, irritated.
GM: “Yavanna, you have visitors.”
GM: “What?” She raises her head. Her eyes lock onto yours. “What do you want?”
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: we are here to be briefed on harlass orn
Yavanna: “In that case, I will speak with you.”
GM: The young man moves away, obviously intending to give you privacy. Yavanna grabs his arm. “No Christophe, I’d like you to stay.” He nods and steps back into the light.
GM: Yavanna motions you towards her desk. “Take a seat. This may take a while. We want to make sure you are ready for any dangers.” A number of chairs sit within easy reach.
Thalia: takes a seat
Jocelyn: sits
Magnis moves to take a seat
GM: Once you have settled down, Yavanna hunches forward. Her eyes gain the sort of intensity one would expect in a warrior during combat.
Jocelyn: please, enlighten us on the island
Yavanna: “I have been studying swamp artifacts for many years. At first I assumed the ancestors of the Swamp Men left them, but now I’m not so sure. Certainly, we have every reason to believe the ancient inhabitants were reptilian, but their civilization seems so far removed from the more primitive Swamp Men that it is hard to believe they were the same race. That, however, is a question to which I am still seeking an answer, and probably of little interest to…” She pauses for a moment, searching for a word, “…more action oriented people such as yourselves.”
Yavanna: Yavanna takes a deep breath and launches into her next point before you can respond. “So, who were these ancient reptilian people? I have excavated a number of their sites, including what was likely their capitol on a small island to the southwest. Enough inscriptions survived that I could decipher their language. A most interesting tongue, unlike any I have ever seen. I still don’t understand why they won’t send me more trained excavators from Port Lissup. This could be bigger than any find of the last hundred years. But, still, Christophe here has picked things up very quickly and I think he will end up better than any of them.” She pats the young man on the forearm, and he gives a shy smile.
Yavanna: “Oh, but you don’t care about any of that, do you. No, Dorian is far too practical for that.” She sighs. “Well, I believe they called themselves Harlass Orn, and their capital had the same name. That is how I have marked it on the maps. They were a people most interested in study and trade. I believe that they actually created the swamp plants that now grow around Kith’takharos, and made sure that they were only suited to this environment. Oh yes, a race of scholars, magicians, and builders, most unlike the wild Swamp Men. A few thousand years ago some traumatic event devastated their civilization. Whether war or natural disaster, I cannot say.”
Yavanna: “One thing you must keep in mind. The Harlass Orn were fascinated with the number three. Perhaps because they had three appendages with two arms and a tail. The tail must have almost been another hand for them, and surely helped to make them such wondrous artisans. The number three is a recurring theme in their architecture. Generally, I have only seen this in a purely decorative sense, but I now suspect there may have been other, more practical uses.”
Yavanna: Yavanna shrugs. “Really, I don’t think you would be interested in the more esoteric aspects of the Harlass Orn. Although, if you have a curious bone in your body, you should be. Any more questions?”
Campaign saved.
Thalia: SHould we expect many traps on our mission?
Yavanna: Young lady, an aventurer such as yourself should always be on guard for such things, should you not?
Jocelyn: where would you guess that cave leads to ??
Thalia: Of course, but I was just curious as to how many you thought would have survived all this time.
Yavanna: Well i could not say, I am not allowed to examine it
Jocelyn: hence the word “guess” in my question
Yavanna: Well, hopefully to deeper caves
Yavanna: I do love exploring
Jocelyn: very well, we will take this knowledge with us as we explore your island
Magnis: It would be beneficial it seems to have someone with us that understood this language
Yavanna: Well do be careful if you gain entrance…much of that cave has been untouched
Campaign saved.
Thalia: I agree with Magnis, but if we cannot have someone who knows the language, do you have any books or somesuch that could help translate?
Jocelyn: yes, it would be nice to have someone that could interpret anything we come across but I don’t see them sending anyone until we deem it safe
Yavanna: Ofcourse I do but I have written them and i have NOT been given leave to donate them
Magnis: but perhaps the possibility to LEND them?
Magnis: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+7 = 11]
Yavanna: [GM] [1d20 = 11]
Jocelyn: thank you for you time
Jocelyn: stands and leaves
Yavanna: I most assuredly will not…You will see what you will see
Magnis: Well I thank you for your help, but before I depart, I believe you have a ring?
Yavanna: Well, I have 4 items infact
Yavanna: Someone appears to have left these for you
Magnis: If I may have the ring, it may prove usefull
Thalia: What are these items?
GM: She hands over a small bundle
Campaign saved.
Magnis opens the bundle and removes the ring then hands the remaining contents to Jocelyn
Yavanna: (who is no longer there)
GM: (who is no longer there)
Jocelyn: standing outside waiting for the others before heading to the Eel
Magnis: takes the bundle, gives a short bow to Yavanna
GM: Dismisses them and dives intoa thick book she was reading
Thalia: Thank you very much ma’am. Good day.
Magnis steps outside to join Jocelyn
Magnis: She gave us this bundle before we left, I have already removed the ring
Thalia: leaves with the others
Thalia: So, what all is in here?
Jocelyn: opens bag and retrieves the items
GM: You remove a pair of black, leather gloves, a plain looking copper amulet and a copper bangle
Jocelyn: checks them all out for any writings, etc.
GM: No writing at all and all look very plain
Jocelyn: perhaps one of you should check to see if they are magical?
Campaign saved.
Thalia: casts detect magic on the bangle
[w] → Thalia: definately magical
Jocelyn: it would work on everything within your range…don’t have to single out items
Thalia: [SKILL] Spellcraft [MOD:INT] (2) [1d2016 = 27]
Campaign saved.
[w] → Thalia: ok, you succeed…you know that these items are magical….you discover though that they are not just normal magical items
[w] → Thalia: they are special items, each item has 3 tiers
[w] → Thalia: each tier when learned or a task is completeld, unlocks a new magical property
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Thalia: you have learned the first of each items iter, you have learned these items named
[w] → Thalia: you also know that in order for the items to attune to their wearer, it takes time
Thalia: These are some very interesting items. They seem to have greater magic locked away for now.
Jocelyn: so we don’t know anything else about them for now?
[w] → Thalia: the Gloves are called, Dark Gloves of Grasping, the Amulat is Denaril’s Amulet of Enlightenment and Grolan’s Bangle of Sacrifice
Thalia: There is more, If one person keeps the item it will gradually become more powerful.
Jocelyn: that sounds good but how do we know which item will help which person the best?
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: or should we just each pick an item and see what happens?
[w] → Thalia: the gloves first tier: their wearer will never drop a weapon when wearing these gloves, even on a critical miss….
[w] → Thalia: the necklace has locked insie the sould of an old and ancient wizard. It is damaged but still retains much of its power. at its first tier it allos its wearer to replace any 1 spell with any other in their spell book, 1x per day
Thalia: The gloves are the Dark Gloves of Grasping, which helps the wearer never drop their weapons.
Jocelyn: I will try the gloves then if no one minds until we find out more about them
Jocelyn: oh, then I don’t need that
Jocelyn: my hands are my weapons so unless they are cut off I am good there
[w] → Thalia: the bangle allows its wearer to lose 1 hp and 1 spell slot to cast a cure light wounds
Thalia: The amulat is Denaril’s Amulat of Enlightenment. It has the soul of an ancient wizard inside it. It’s fairly damaged but still very powerful. It seems to help you remember spell of the top of your head.
Jocelyn: very nice…obviously for one of you spellcasters
Magnis: Sounds like you should keep the Amulet Thalia
Campaign saved.
Thalia: The bracelet is Grolan’s Bangle of Sacrifice. It will hurt you in order to let you cast cure light wounds.
Jocelyn: I will take the gloves…any help of not missing horribly in combat is a good thing
Magnis: I may find the Bangle useful in dire situations, unless you’d like it Thalia?
Campaign saved.
Thalia: No, that’s fine, I’ll take the amulet.
Jocelyn: these items will definitely come in handy…should we head off to the Eel?
Thalia: That sounds like a plan to me.
Campaign saved.
GM: Ok, the party heads northward, toward the Salted Eel
GM: It is around 3pm
Jocelyn: am sure we can grab a late lunch while we are there as well
GM: well, northward the southward
Magnis: perhaps, but we should be sure to question the survivor. I know they insist his insanity but he may have valuable information
Jocelyn: yes, maybe we could buy him some food…help absorb some of that ale he has been drinking all these hours
Magnis: Let us hope
Campaign saved.
GM: Alright, eventually you arrive at the Salted Eel..It is not crowded but already several patrons havearrived for their evening respite
Jocelyn: heads to an empty table and sits down
Magnis joines Jocelyn
GM: A cute barmaid approaches and asks what you would like
GM: She looks up and gives the handsome Magnis a wink
Jocelyn: first, we would like some food and second some information if possible
Jocelyn: what would you recommmend to eat here?
Jeena: Well, my name is Jeena with a J
GM: she appears to be looking straight at magnis
Jeena: The stewed Eel is always good here
Jocelyn: well, Jeena could you point out Jerul for us…we hear he is a regular here
GM: she appears to cringe at the mention of the name
Jocelyn: and a nice sized bowl of your stewed eel for me
Magnis: me as well
Jocelyn: along with a pitcher of water for me
Campaign saved.
GM: she turns and points to an older man who is slumped over at the bar
Thalia: I’ll have the same
Jocelyn: how long has he been unconscious Jeena ?
Jeena: Anything to drink?
Jocelyn: water please
Jeena: Long enough to drink then he goes out again
Magnis: Ale please
Jeena: been that way since…well since he came back
Jocelyn: when he wakes up, could you send him our way ?
Jocelyn: we heard about his trip
Jeena: I’ll not be going anywhere near him
Jeena: He’s crazy he is
Jeena: always mumbling something about The Island
Jocelyn: very well, just let us know if he stirs…in case we don’t see for ourselves
Magnis: Yes, should he wake we’d like to offer him your eel as well
Jeena: suit yourself
GM: She says as she saunters off, looking back briefly to see if magnis is watching her
Magnis: I believe I have caught her eye in some way
Thalia: It certenly seems that way, yes.
Jocelyn: she is a bar wench…you are a new person to her
Jocelyn: be careful
Campaign saved.
Magnis: and bar wenches hear alot of stories being passed, useful source of information
Jocelyn: that is true
Jocelyn: didn’t say she was useless, just am sure she is friendly with alot of people
GM: after a few minutes the barmaid returns with 3 steaming bowls of eel and 3 ales
Jocelyn: I asked for water please
Jocelyn: pushes my ale over to Magnis
Jeena: Oh you did, didnt you…ill get right on that
Thalia: I thought I also asked for water.
Jocelyn: thank you
GM: She says however she decides to step back and she sits down right upon magnis’s lap
Magnis looks to the others and smiles
Magnis: Please do have a seat
Jocelyn: how is that getting our water ??
Jeena: You don’t mind…do you? my feet are just killin me something awful
Jocelyn: you on a break all of a sudded?
Jocelyn: sudden?
Thalia: begins eating her soup without a drink
Jeena: Whats your name sir?
Magnis: Magnis, and yours?
[w] Jocelyn: are there any empty tables left in here?
GM: she reaches up and lightly brushes a stray hair away from Magnis’s ear
[w] → Jocelyn: no, they have been filling up quickly
[w] Jocelyn: and are there any other barmaids in here besides Jeena?
Jeena: Well I’m Jeena
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jocelyn: yes, there are 2 others
Magnis: Would you mine grabbing my friend’s drinks and joining us again, they are quite thirsty.
Jeena: What, they dont like ale?
Magnis: its the heat, they’d prefer water at the moment.
GM: she takes her finger and lightly strokes his cheek
[w] Jocelyn: I grab my bowl of stew, walk up to one of the other barmaids, asks her if she has a section and if so, tells her Jeena is too busy flirting with my companion to get my water so would like her to do it and finds a seat somewhere…even if it is at the bar
Jocelyn: leaves the table
Jocelyn: excuse me
[w] → Jocelyn: alright, another barmaid nods and shoots jeena an angry look
[w] Jocelyn: I give her a gold piece when she brings the water…and thanks her
Jeena: You just arrive in town, are you staying long?
[w] Jocelyn: removed from character sheet
Magnis: We are not sure. Has there been much talk today, disappointment with the cancellation of the execution?
Jeena: Well…you know how it is…poaching takes food from the mouths of the people here
Campaign saved.
GM: she adjusts herself on Magnis’s lap…giving her a good view of her…endoements
GM: *him
GM: *endowments
Thalia: finishes her soup and then looks around the room to see what else is going on
[w] Jocelyn: am I at a table or the bar?
[w] → Jocelyn: the bar, not far from Jerul
[w] → Jocelyn: you notice he is beginniing to stir
[w] Jocelyn: motion to the bartender to NOT give him any more ale
[w] → Jocelyn: the bartender nods
[w] Jocelyn: if he protests, I tell him we need to talk to him first then he can drink again
Jeena: Magnis…it sounds like a powerful name…how…powerful are you Magnis?
Jeena: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
Magnis: Powerful? I believe you have let your imagination run wild.
[w] Jocelyn: pushes my bowl of stew away (hopefully most, if not all, is eaten), finishes my water, and walks over to Jerul…helps him out of his chair, tells him I am buying him dinner and escorts him to the table
Magnis: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+7 = 16]
Campaign saved.
Jeena: Well Magnis, maybe you will come by late on tonight and…walk me home?
Magnis: My friends may have other plans for me
[w] Jocelyn: I call the other barmaid over that I got the water from and ask her to bring Jerul a bowl of stew, ignoring Jeena
Jeena: well, if you do find your way here, I will be in your debt
[w] Magnis: Can I sense motive?
Thalia: As long as we know where to meet up, you can spend your evening however you like.
[w] → Jocelyn: she complies
[w] → Magnis: yes
Magnis: [SKILL] Sense Motive [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 15]
Jeena: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
[w] → Magnis: you failed
[w] Jocelyn: gives her another gold piece plus whatever the cost of the stew is
Magnis: How might you be in my debt, are the streets so dangerous?
Jocelyn: Jerul, please have a seat and enjoy some tasty eel stew with us
GM: Jerul stirs, smelling the stew…feeling hungry and grogily picks up the spoon andf shoves a bite into his mouth
Jocelyn: eat up Jerul, please
Jocelyn: you need to keep your strength up
Jeena: Well, we’ve had some troubles in teh evening hours but you never know
Jeena: I promise, I’ll make it worth your while
GM: she leans in and kisses his cheek
Jocelyn: Magnis, I am sure you would like to ask Jerul some questions along with Thalia and myself?
Jeena: Back to work I suppose
Magnis: What kind of trouble?
Campaign saved.
Magnis Allows Jeena to stand
Jeena: Robbers, people gone missin, you know
GM: she stands, picks up the un drank mugs and heads away briskly
Magnis: Jerul, how do you feel? Can we get you something else? Some water perhaps?
GM: She leaves a faint scent of Jasmine in your nose
GM: After a few more bites he appears to be more responsive
Jerul: Wha…who …who are you?
Jocelyn: friends
Jerul: Friends?! I don’t got no friends!
Jerul: WHo sent ya?
Jocelyn: we need information about what you saw and heard on the island
Magnis: Jerul, we are friends. We’d like to help.
Magnis: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+7 = 26]
Jerul: [GM] [1d20 = 12]
Jocelyn: would someone that isn’t your friend buy you a good meal ??
GM: The old man coughs and appears to settle down a bit
Jerul: You…you can’t help me…their dead, their all dead
Magnis: Are you sure, did you see them die?
Jerul: Nuthin…nuthin i could do
Jerul: See?
Jerul: it was,,,dark
Jerul: I could not see
Jerul: I could only hear the screams
Magnis: So there is a chance they could still be alive?
Jerul: I …I don’t know
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: did you encounter anything on the island besides the plants?
Magnis: We have to hope. Can you describe to us what happened, take your time of course.
Magnis: [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+7 = 16]
Jerul: [GM] [1d20 = 20]
GM: He looks around suspiciusly
Jerul: Who….why are you questioning me, I did nothing wrong!
Magnis: Would you rather talk somewhere more private? I imagine with all the excitement lately you’ve had your fill of odd looks
Jerul: Wha…I’m not goin no where with you.!
GM: he steps away, barely able to keep his feet
Jerul: You stay away from me ya hear!
Jocelyn: we have been asked to go and find your friends on the island…any help you can give us would be much appreciated
Jerul: I’m not goin back, you keep away!
GM: with that he bolts for the door
Jocelyn: we are going…you don’t have to
Jocelyn: runs after him
GM: you are amazed he is able to stay onj his unsteady lewgs
Magnis jumps from the table and follows Jocelyn
Jocelyn: land speed of 40’ so hopefully able to catch up to him
Thalia: gets upto follow after Magnis and Jocelyn
GM: After a few feet he falls forward and crashes into a nearby table
GM: He goes down along with it
Jocelyn: helps him up, apologized to anyone that was sitting there and takes him outside for some fresh air
Jocelyn: sorry, folks, he needs some air
[w] → Jocelyn: he will struggle with you
Thalia: Perhaps we should leave him alone, he seems very frightened.
[w] Jocelyn: so a grapple check?
Campaign saved.
Thalia: We don’t want him to hurt himself.
Jocelyn: [CMB] Grapple [1d20+7 = 19]
Jerul: Let go a me!
Jerul: someone help, I’m not goin back!
Jocelyn: calm down…you ruined those good people’s dinner
Jocelyn: no one said you had to go back
GM: No one appears to be interested in his ranting
Magnis: [CAST] Charm Person 0
Jocelyn: WE are going to the island
Thalia: We aren’t taking you back.
Jocelyn: you are staying here, but we wanted your help in what might be out there
Magnis: Please, we just want to help
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
GM: No!, You let go a me…i’ve done nuthin wrong!
Jerul: No!, You let go a me…i’ve done nuthin wrong!
Jocelyn: this is the last time…calm down before you end up getting hurt
Thalia: I think he’s too upset to help us much more…
Jerul: The strength appears to leave his legs
GM: The strength appears to leave his legs
GM: and he doubles over and throws up
Magnis: Yes, lets get him home at least, he needs rest.
Jocelyn: maybe we take him to the guild and let him sleep it off…he might be more useful in the morning
Jocelyn: he can stay with magnis
Jocelyn: that way he won’t sneak any more ale
GM: Half in a daze he no longer appears to be standing on his own strength
Jerul: Screams….in…dark
Campaign saved.
Jocelyn: throws an arm over my shoulder and helps him walk towards the transient guild
GM: The old man passes out
Jocelyn: what a waste of time this has been
Thalia: Do you need help carrying him?
Jocelyn: where?
Magnis grabs Jerul’s other arm and assists jocelyn
Jocelyn: takes him to magnis’ room
Thalia: Maybe just buy him a room here.
Jocelyn: can either of you wake him up magically?
Jocelyn: ok, will see if they have any vacancy here
Thalia: I can’t wake him.
Jocelyn: heads inside, checks with my barmaid (not Jeena) and asks if there are any available rooms
[w] → Jocelyn: you are informed that Jerul has a room of his own here
Jocelyn: walks back outside
Jocelyn: he has his own room here
Jocelyn: we should just take him to it I guess
Jocelyn: drags him up to his room after finding out which one it is from the barmaid
Magnis: We should get going, we have an early rendevous ourselves
Thalia: Sounds good.
Campaign saved.
[w] Jocelyn: the obsidian portal sheet is updated…it won’t let me add feats, equipment, etc.
‘Thalia’ disconnected

Adventure Log 9

Kith'takharos, The Wild Frontier BishopOmega